Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jaguar cars British Land Rovers Gone

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Another all British product has been sold down the river, bye bye Jaguar Cars and Land Rovers, would you buy a Chinese made vehicle ?. Judging by the cheap crap goods that come out China I personally would NOT have one if I won one in a raffle.Thats another few thousand honest decent work people in the dole queue.This has got to stop, or we shall be getting them to sell us Helicopters,Tanks,Ships, Submarines and the rest then we shall all be out of work.Good eh !

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,148 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

So no cars are manufactured in Britain save for those owned by British companies?

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#3    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 19 November 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Another all British product has been sold down the river, bye bye Jaguar Cars and Land Rovers, would you buy a Chinese made vehicle ?. Judging by the cheap crap goods that come out China I personally would NOT have one if I won one in a raffle.Thats another few thousand honest decent work people in the dole queue.This has got to stop, or we shall be getting them to sell us Helicopters,Tanks,Ships, Submarines and the rest then we shall all be out of work.Good eh !
I think you are confused they have not gone, they are looking for a new market in China to sell thier products. Anyway they are owned by an Indian company

#4    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-20384431
It does not mention any bases closing in the UK.

#5    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 19 November 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

So no cars are manufactured in Britain save for those owned by British companies?
  Yer loads (apart from Rolls Royce), we build Nissan,Toyota,Honda, Daewoo,and a few more with all the profits going overseas,thats why we are "going down the pan".

#6    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 November 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-20384431
It does not mention any bases closing in the UK.
  Until as quoted "They get the new factory built near Shanghai"

#7    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,091 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 19 November 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Until as quoted "They get the new factory built near Shanghai"
if they're hoping to move into the Chinese market, it'd make sense to build a factory there rather than shipping them all around the world, wouldn't it? The same reason why japonese companies have opened factories in Britain.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#8    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,091 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

i did hear that they're ending production of the Defender, the classic land Rover, and replacing it with some ghastly over-styled thing that looks just the same as the kind of junk that Daewoo or Hydundai or any of those other firms that make microwave ovens turn out, though. Which would mean that they could say goodbye to military sales, since that'd be hopeles for military use.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

The problem with this Country is that we build precision high quality goods but they cost a lot more than foreign goods, owing to a higher wage structure than foreign wages. Yes we do build goods owned by foreign companies,but they are built to Their standards of proficiency , Not Ours.A friend of mine with 30 years  experience in car electrics works for a Japanese car firm, and one day he pointed out what could be a serious failure to a Japenese Manager, nothing more was said until about 2 months later he was promoted to a Foreman, (good pay rise), then plans came from Japan altering the cars electrics to what he had proposed. Funny they should think of a new electrical plan eh !

#10    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Post747400, on 19 November 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

i did hear that they're ending production of the Defender, the classic land Rover, and replacing it with some ghastly over-styled thing that looks just the same as the kind of junk that Daewoo or Hydundai or any of those other firms that make microwave ovens turn out, though. Which would mean that they could say goodbye to military sales, since that'd be hopeles for military use.
   Would you buy one ? When I do go shopping I look specifically for goods made in U.K or America as I know they wont crap out after a few months , I must admit I dont buy a lot of stuff these days as I cant find it but I refuse to buy anything cheaply "Made in China". I'm perfectly happy with this P.C made in America, although it does spell "color". "sox" etc incorrectly. Cant have it all ways eh !

#11    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

So the have not moved.

#12    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

So the have not moved.
   Not yet but they are going to.The point is all these ships/subs you see into and out of Portsmouth, would you rather have them built in U.K or China. ?

#13    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Not yet but they are going to.The point is all these ships/subs you see into and out of Portsmouth, would you rather have them built in U.K or China. ?
Still think you are confused. They are going to build a factory in China for China!! noone else. Those cars will never come to the UK. It's expensive for China to import cars from Britian.

And for the ships, I would want a joint venture, if they make good parts then I don't see a problem

#14    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,091 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 November 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

And for the ships, I would want a joint venture, if they make good parts then I don't see a problem
If. Do they, though? Let's be quite honest, Chinese is pretty much a synonym for Cheap & nasty isn't it.

- Philip K. Dick.

#15    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

I use 2 Defenders and a Countryman on the smallholding and I rely on them quite heavily. Last year, circumstances led to my being forced to use a Daihatsu to do a job and it was absolute rubbish as a 'working' vehicle!

Most Japanese 4x4's fall into the 'Chelsea Tractor' and 'Mummy's Panzer' categories, I'm afraid.

"Long live the Landie!"

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users