Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Geithner: Lift Debt Limit to Infinity

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,038 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 20 November 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

Funny how when a Republican is in the white house deficits don't matter but when a Democrat is in the White House its the end of the world as we know it. Hypocracy at its finest with the Tea Partiers.
Wow.  How do you make that reply from an article (you didn;t read I'm quite sure) about the secretary of the treasury wanting to eliminate a limit on how much money the government is allowed to borrow.  And by the by, when the government borrows money it is you and I who pay it back, not the government.  But no big deal right?  After all by the time the current debt is paid you will already be dead so what's the problem with chaining a few more generations to our irresponsible fiscal habits, right?

#17    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,305 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostWickian, on 20 November 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

Isn't that also the definition of insanity?
No, that's looking for hair on the other side of the hand you're looking at.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#18    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostOverSword, on 20 November 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

Wow.  How do you make that reply from an article (you didn;t read I'm quite sure) about the secretary of the treasury wanting to eliminate a limit on how much money the government is allowed to borrow.  And by the by, when the government borrows money it is you and I who pay it back, not the government.  But no big deal right?  After all by the time the current debt is paid you will already be dead so what's the problem with chaining a few more generations to our irresponsible fiscal habits, right?

And where were you and the rest of the Tea Partiers were when Reagan,Bush Sr and Bush Jr were running up record deficits? But go ahead keep deflecting and making escuses. Because you and the rest of the Tea Partiers won't adress it or can't answer it. Until you can answer why you and the rest were not protesting when Reagan and both Bushes ran up record deficits you and the rest are nothing more than HYPOCRITES.

#19    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 21 November 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

And where were you and the rest of the Tea Partiers were when Reagan,Bush Sr and Bush Jr were running up record deficits? But go ahead keep deflecting and making escuses. Because you and the rest of the Tea Partiers won't adress it or can't answer it. Until you can answer why you and the rest were not protesting when Reagan and both Bushes ran up record deficits you and the rest are nothing more than HYPOCRITES.

One last time. Try to let it sink in. The tea party movement started under BUSH.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#20    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

If there’s one article of faith in Washington (and elsewhere), it’s the idea that the United States might get into a debt crisis if it doesn’t get its fiscal house in order.
This is not true.
The reason why it’s not true is because we live in a fiat currency system, where the United States government can create an infinite number of dollars at no cost to meet its obligations. A Treasury bill is a promise that the government will give you US dollars–something that the United States government can produce infinitely and at no cost.
http://www.forbes.co...t-now-not-ever/

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#21    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

It's true the USA GOV can keep on printing but only as long as their currency US$ is used to trade Petroleum.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#22    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,038 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Dense Matrix, where were you when we were all b****ing about government spending under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush?  Or maybe you're just one of those dumb people they made the joke about:
Q;What do you call someone who wins an argument with a liberal?
A; A racist.
Why are you calling me a tea partier?  Tell me, instead of further accusing me and others of things you have no proof about or real reason to say.  Do you agree with Geitner that the government should have no limit to how much debt they can get you into?  Should they just be able to spend spend spend without any real way to ever pay the money back?  A simple yes or no will be fine, but if you feel the need go ahead and elaborate, I could use a laugh.

#23    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

That's all history and I was either too young or not interested and ignorant of such things at the time. I'm sure many of these guys here were complaining at the time. Today though is our concern. Your ruler just happens to be a part of an ongoing wreckless growth of irresponsible government. Everybody knows he didn't start it. We do know he is all too happy to continue with it in more grandiose fashion. Your gripes aren't going to be taken seriously because we all know how blind you are. You never ever have any concerns about the current administration. Ninja at least claims to but will never address the issues. That's not much but it's leaps and bounds above any progress you'll ever make. Question for you... How many websites with commentary do you belong to? I have a feeling it is many. I also have a feeling you jump into them as sporadically as you do here adding similar amounts of extremely biased substance. Doesn't it get lonely under your bridge?

Posted Image

#24    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,340 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostHasina, on 20 November 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

I'm going to ask my credit card company if my borrowing limit can be raised to INFINITY.
Posted Image
That is so funny! Thanks, Hasina!
And it will keep me laughing in my old age. I'm part English, you know.

Posted Image

#25    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,819 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

ya that should work  . .   endless all consuming debt..  why didn't someone think of it sooner?

Edited by lightly, 22 November 2012 - 01:56 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#26    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostOverSword, on 21 November 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Dense Matrix, where were you when we were all b****ing about government spending under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush?  Or maybe you're just one of those dumb people they made the joke about:
Q;What do you call someone who wins an argument with a liberal?
A; A racist.
Why are you calling me a tea partier?  Tell me, instead of further accusing me and others of things you have no proof about or real reason to say.  Do you agree with Geitner that the government should have no limit to how much debt they can get you into?  Should they just be able to spend spend spend without any real way to ever pay the money back?  A simple yes or no will be fine, but if you feel the need go ahead and elaborate, I could use a laugh.

Typical Tea Partier Pathetic response and continuiing to ignore or be ignorant of the fact that Reagan And both Bushes racked up record deficits and when called out on it continue to deflect. It's cool though. I know your kind full well unwilling to take responsibility while blaming others. Typicals behaviors of a Tea Partier.

#27    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 21 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

That's all history and I was either too young or not interested and ignorant of such things at the time. I'm sure many of these guys here were complaining at the time. Today though is our concern. Your ruler just happens to be a part of an ongoing wreckless growth of irresponsible government. Everybody knows he didn't start it. We do know he is all too happy to continue with it in more grandiose fashion. Your gripes aren't going to be taken seriously because we all know how blind you are. You never ever have any concerns about the current administration. Ninja at least claims to but will never address the issues. That's not much but it's leaps and bounds above any progress you'll ever make. Question for you... How many websites with commentary do you belong to? I have a feeling it is many. I also have a feeling you jump into them as sporadically as you do here adding similar amounts of extremely biased substance. Doesn't it get lonely under your bridge?

So I guess it must be ok when a Republican administration continue to raise the limit and rack up huge deficits right. It's like having a credit card with unpaid charges for the previous month and forgetting about it because the the current month chargess more important. So we should forget about the deficits from Reagan and Bush right the ones that inpaid for LOL. Good to know where the Tea Partiers are.

#28    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 22 November 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

So I guess it must be ok when a Republican administration continue to raise the limit and rack up huge deficits right. It's like having a credit card with unpaid charges for the previous month and forgetting about it because the the current month chargess more important. So we should forget about the deficits from Reagan and Bush right the ones that inpaid for LOL. Good to know where the Tea Partiers are.
Yea I don't know what the hell you're talking about? They're all guilty. I have no allegiance. Also, people complained about Reagan in the 80's and about Bush in his time and Obama is getting his now. He is worsening the situation. Why should we not acknowledge that? I ask you because you can't so you must know the answer. And it's quite obvious I'm right about you. You didn't even try and deny it.

Posted Image

#29    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 22 November 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

Yea I don't know what the hell you're talking about? They're all guilty. I have no allegiance. Also, people complained about Reagan in the 80's and about Bush in his time and Obama is getting his now. He is worsening the situation. Why should we not acknowledge that? I ask you because you can't so you must know the answer. And it's quite obvious I'm right about you. You didn't even try and deny it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Now alll of a sudden its " I have no allegiance"

I guess the Recession caused by Bush was a Walk in the Park.

You Tea Partiers are an absolute riot.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

#30    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 22 November 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Now alll of a sudden its " I have no allegiance"

I guess the Recession caused by Bush was a Walk in the Park.

You Tea Partiers are an absolute riot.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
I never pledged allegiance to the tea party. You just say everyone's a tea partier. Have you grown sick of calling everyone racists?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users