Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Geithner: Lift Debt Limit to Infinity

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

Oh cry me a river matrix. You post some of the most insulting absurd things I've ever seen on here.

Posted Image

#62    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 07 December 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

Oh cry me a river matrix. You post some of the most insulting absurd things I've ever seen on here.

It's why guys like you only act tough hiding behind a computer screen posting here every day. It's called having no life.

#63    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Acting tough? Ok.

Posted Image

#64    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

A still small voice says the truth is in checking out the post counts LOL  

Edited by White Unicorn, 07 December 2012 - 02:15 AM.

#65    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 07 December 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

A still small voice says the truth is in checking out the post counts LOL  

I sense desperation.

Maybe people like you have no life and can post here all day racking up a high post count as if it was life or death but not me. Unlike most people here I have a life. So sorry if i don't visit or post on UM all day long like some on this board. LOL!

#66    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 07 December 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

I sense desperation.

Maybe people like you have no life and can post here all day racking up a high post count as if it was life or death but not me. Unlike most people here I have a life. So sorry if i don't visit or post on UM all day long like some on this board. LOL!

Some of people post to make a point not to just to harass people and we don't have thousands of posts like you.  I'm sorry,  we don't care about your opinion because we do have a life.  What ever floats your boat, you will believe what ever you will believe. Enough said it's not worth another comment.  Bicker bicker all you want with the others on the thread, I feel sorry for you but I won't go there beyond one comment back to you.

Edited by White Unicorn, 07 December 2012 - 02:47 AM.

#67    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

In retrospect I think Geithner has a point here..... simply instruct the FED to intervene.... surely it has the power to make everything right?

hahha

.. seriously.... ..... I believe this is gonna happen...

but, 'they'll' call it something really cool like 'The Futurama Bill" or 'The  Forever and Beyond Bill'.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#68    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,641 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

View Postacidhead, on 07 December 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

In retrospect I think Geithner has a point here..... simply instruct the FED to intervene.... surely it has the power to make everything right?

hahha

but, 'they'll' call it something really cool like 'The Futurama Bill" or 'The  Forever and Beyond Bill'.
And if it does I think it will be a HUGE signal that we are near the end game before economic collapse.  As it is, if they have another extended fight and decide to not decide again on some substantial cuts then any benefit from new revenues will be lost due to the credit downgrade that surely will come our way.  People around the world are beginning to see that the Emperor?  He ain't got no clothes!

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#69    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,966 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 07 December 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

Where were the Tea Partiers when Bush raise the debt limit more than a dozen times again? and still the Tea Partiers refuse to amswer. Where were the protests? Dead silence. Why because when a Republican is in office deficits don't matter to these HYPOCRITES!

Honestly this wouldn't be an issue if it were a white man was in White House.

The issue when Bush was raising the debt limit was, should we go over the 200 billion mark in our deficit.

I believe that this shows that your argument here is not only quaint, but obsolete.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#70    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

and then, nice post.  There are several bubbles that have not yet burst.  We saw the dot com burst from 2000 to 2002 where 5 trillion was lost.  We are still dealing with the housing bubble.  Just yesterday, we learned that the FHA could be in debt to the tune of a trillion dollars.  There are many bubbles out there that we do not see, but if busted will help to bring the entire country down to dust.  The only person able to pick up the pieces and start a new system will the the president, no matter when this happens, it will be the party in power that will reshape our future.

I believe the people at the top all know that this country is headed for a hard crash.  Will it come at 18 trillion debt or 45 trillion?  Does it matter?  Never let a serious crisis go to waste.  Obama is ready to pick up the pieces of a broken country.  The question is, is he helping to make the crash look like the work of the tea party and repubs, then rush in to become our new national hero?

The only thing I see clearly is Obama pushing the repubs and our constitution over the cliff.

Remember, Obama has the magic "Executive Order" pen.  He can raise the debt ceiling with one stroke if we face a cash flow problem with running the country.

Edited by Pyridium, 07 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#71    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,038 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

snip*

Edited by OverSword, 07 December 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#72    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostHarte, on 07 December 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

The issue when Bush was raising the debt limit was, should we go over the 200 billion mark in our deficit.

I believe that this shows that your argument here is not only quaint, but obsolete.

Harte

Thats your whole basis for the argument. Such delusions. Bush still doubled the deficit so your argument is the one that is obsolete.

#73    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,820 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 06 December 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Say what you will about George. He spent an awful lot of money. $4 trillion in 8 years and may be responsible for some debt during Obama’s reign of terror but certainly not all of it. Obama’s on the hook already for nearly $6 trillion in only 4 years. Completely insane and you want him to spend more? If Bush’s spending habit didn’t stop when he left office what makes you think it'd be any different for Obama’s successor. We are going to need the Scrooge in office when the Obama fiasco is over. Somebody so unwilling to spend money on anything but the bare necessities.
What I think is funny is that to Liberals, Bush is held up as a Fiend for spending and running a Deficit, but Obama is a Hero. Sure, Bush cut taxes, so what? So, he'd have had 3 Trillion of debt rather then 4. Do liberals really think that if the Bush cuts had never existed that we'd not be in a 6 Trillion MORE hole now? That somehow that rought trillion would have prevented that 6 trillion?

Obama = Democrat = Support crazed overspending
Bush = Republican = Overspending and cuts BAD

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#74    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,820 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 07 December 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

Where were the Tea Partiers when Bush raise the debt limit more than a dozen times again? and still the Tea Partiers refuse to amswer. Where were the protests? Dead silence. Why because when a Republican is in office deficits don't matter to these HYPOCRITES!

Honestly this wouldn't be an issue if it were a white man was in White House.

See... Right there. Stupid statements are what make you seem like you don't know what you are talking about.

More then a dozen times by Bush?? Really? Got any proof to back that up?

The US Congress has raised the debt limit some 8 times in the decade 2001-2011.
http://en.wikipedia....iling_increases
Posted Image

Edited by DieChecker, 07 December 2012 - 11:08 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#75    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postacidhead, on 07 December 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

hahha

I could see that we have Forever stamps ....and we really do have Forever Debt :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users