Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Chef rushed to hospital after tasting

arif ali naga jolokia chillis chef hospital jimmys

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 20 November 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

It's machoman retardation.

This made me lol.

The first time my fiancé and I went to his first Indian restaurant, I tried to warn him about the Vindaloos but he didn't listen.  Good thing he likes spicy.

#17    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I thought this said "Cher" rushed to hospital.  LOL

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#18    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

View Postcoldethyl, on 24 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

This made me lol.

The first time my fiancé and I went to his first Indian restaurant, I tried to warn him about the Vindaloos but he didn't listen.  Good thing he likes spicy.
You know that song by the Ramones,the lyrics go : hanging out on second avenue ,eating chicken vindaloo ...i just wanna have something to do .

In nyc ,there was an actual restaurant they all went to ,on second avenue ,and they all got vindaloo.The song is about that restaurant .

When a new person came into the fold,you had to go eat there,and eat chicken vindaloo,the first time.
This was the last 1970s.
The place was called Curry Mahal .

I had never had Indian food before,and the restaurant owners knew the band .An autographed photo of all of them ,hung in the places window for years.
The waiter used to wear these tight white pants with a vest . We used to call him Curry Travolta .

He sat there ,telling me,despite being egged on by everyone else,to not get the vindaloo. I was very young ,very wide eyed .
No no ,I want it ,I said .

I ate the pakora with the hot onions ,I was fine .

I couldn't feel my lips or tongue after about 15 minutes into the vindaloo ,but I never got a mild indian as a main course ,ever ,after that.
My love of indian food is solely because of that night .

Curry Mahal was taken over by new owners about ten years ago ,but the food was still good. No more Ramones pic in the window thought.
No more Curry Travolta .

Last year,it closed.
I almost wept.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 25 November 2012 - 05:51 AM.

Miss me?

#19    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 November 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

You know that song by the Ramones,the lyrics go : hanging out on second avenue ,eating chicken vindaloo ...i just wanna have something to do .

In nyc ,there was an actual restaurant they all went to ,on second avenue ,and they all got vindaloo.The song is about that restaurant .

When a new person came into the fold,you had to go eat there,and eat chicken vindaloo,the first time.
This was the last 1970s.
The place was called Curry Mahal .

I had never had Indian food before,and the restaurant owners knew the band .An autographed photo of all of them ,hung in the places window for years.
The waiter used to wear these tight white pants with a vest . We used to call him Curry Travolta .

He sat there ,telling me,despite being egged on by everyone else,to not get the vindaloo. I was very young ,very wide eyed .
No no ,I want it ,I said .

I ate the pakora with the hot onions ,I was fine .

I couldn't feel my lips or tongue after about 15 minutes into the vindaloo ,but I never got a mild indian as a main course ,ever ,after that.
My love of indian food is solely because of that night .

Curry Mahal was taken over by new owners about ten years ago ,but the food was still good. No more Ramones pic in the window thought.
No more Curry Travolta .

Last year,it closed.
I almost wept.

I love the Ramones.  I was devastated when Joey died.

Cool story though.  I always stick to curry with mango chutney.

Yum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users