Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Grandma and 3 grandkids killed on Indian Rez

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

http://www.fox28.com...-nd-reservation

Murders are very rare on Indian reservations . A grandmother and her three grandchildren were found inside the grandmothers home in North Dakota .

A man who was a person of interest ,who lived 20 minutes away ,committed suicide in front of two police officers ,when they came to question him .
Motive is completely unknown .They were all Indian ,but only the man was a registered tribal member .

What a sad story . I don't know what kind of tribe it was .There are at least four different tribes in north Dakota .

Miss me?

#2    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 20 November 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

http://www.fox28.com...-nd-reservation

Murders are very rare on Indian reservations . A grandmother and her three grandchildren were found inside the grandmothers home in North Dakota .

A man who was a person of interest ,who lived 20 minutes away ,committed suicide in front of two police officers ,when they came to question him .
Motive is completely unknown .They were all Indian ,but only the man was a registered tribal member .

What a sad story . I don't know what kind of tribe it was .There are at least four different tribes in north Dakota .
If it's the Fort Berthold reservation, which I think it is, they probably would've been with one of the "Three Affiliated Tribes", Hidatsa, Arikara, and Mandan...it sounds horrendous, but it's also an unfortunate reminder we're all human; there's no one race that does these kinds of things, and no one race that doesn't.

#3    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,306 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

Murders are not 'rare' on reservations. Per capita, they're probably more common.

But, I know, the measure of heartbreak and ruined lives to a small community like that are incalcuable.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

I wonder if its a love triangle .
Who are the three kids parents ? The killer was young . I wonder if the mom was an ex of his or something . Or he stalker her .

Miss me?

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 20 November 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Murders are not 'rare' on reservations. Per capita, they're probably more common.

But, I know, the measure of heartbreak and ruined lives to a small community like that are incalcuable.
The article said it was rare for that area . No idea. I'm much more familiar with oglala Sioux res in south Dakota . As a matter of fact,its the only Indian tribe I really know anything about,as I am drawn to them .

Miss me?

#6    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,306 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 20 November 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

The article said it was rare for that area . No idea. I'm much more familiar with oglala Sioux res in south Dakota . As a matter of fact,its the only Indian tribe I really know anything about,as I am drawn to them .
Article said; "Slayings are relatively rare in North Dakota, which is home to fewer than 700,000 people.".

But right now, neither of us want to nitpick details.

Edited by Likely Guy, 20 November 2012 - 02:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users