Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Teen sentenced to attend church for 10 years

tyler alred church manslaughter probation

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I would rather die than have that crap shoved down my throat.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#17    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Realm, on 21 November 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

What happens when you stand in front of a muslim judge who sentences you to 10 years of going to an Islamic mosque?
These kind of things do push the line. Can you imagine sentencing a muslim to attend church for 10 years?

You either do not like Muslims or are sensationalizing, playing on the negative emotions of others who fear or hate them. Sorry but your post has zil effect in that regard to me.

It is also silly to even state this because it ignores the fact that sentencing someone to a church that is not their denomination or one that they would choose is not what is happening here.

More than likely the community that the judge and offender is from value Christian ideals. That may not be how it is where you or I live but in an area where most folk go or at least respect church then these type of punishments are understandable. If it was sentencing someone to a church not their religion then I would have an issue with it as of now I don't.

Most people opposed to this simply do not like church. That much is transparent so anything else being said about it does not seem like the real reason some are opposed to it. I mean you can offer a thousand reasons but they would all be disingenuous.

libstaK, on 20 November 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

How about 10 years with Alcoholics Anonymous - going through the 12 step program would at least be a practical type of rehabilitation for a drunk driver, even if it only teaches him to drink responsibly.

Since when has going to church ever stopped anyone from doing anything?  Aren't most of the Mafia avid churchgoers?  This is really the height of ridiculous.

AA is like a religion itself.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit, 21 November 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#18    Realm

Realm

• 2,226 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

First off, I don't have a problem with Muslims. So don't be shoving your words down my throat. And second, don't tell me it cannot happen.
I didn't say it was happening in this case. I merely stated what happens when that does happen. And if you know judges they can pretty much
do what they want, just like the lawyers of this world of whom judges are.

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

#19    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Emotional torture....how humane :rolleyes:

#20    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,611 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Realm, on 21 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

First off, I don't have a problem with Muslims. So don't be shoving your words down my throat. And second, don't tell me it cannot happen.
I didn't say it was happening in this case. I merely stated what happens when that does happen. And if you know judges they can pretty much
do what they want, just like the lawyers of this world of whom judges are.

You either do not like Muslims or are sensationalizing.

I guess it was the latter after all.

To claim we should be against this because one day a judge could sentence us to mosque is an irrational claim. No, it can't happen. This is right-wing drivel.

#21    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,611 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Next thing we know he will be telling us that they have plans to set up sharia states across the West.

Enemies of pluralistic societies, who only want one group to dominate, theirs, will always spout these irrational claims.

#22    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Chasingtherabbit, on 21 November 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Nothing within his post suggests or hints  he doesn't like muslims.. I do not understand why you have stressed on this twice .. All he has posted was his personal what if? thoughts.

Chasingtherabbit, on 21 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Next thing we know he will be telling us that they have plans to set up sharia states across the West.

Enemies of pluralistic societies, who only want one group to dominate, theirs, will always spout these irrational claims.

Ha ha  talk about  going over the top ..  This must have really gotten to you,  more than it has anyone else  .. The poor guy hasn't hinted at any hate for anyone... and you go in for the full monty making up more to it..   Mountain / molehill :lol:

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 November 2012 - 07:56 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#23    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,929 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Chasingtherabbit, on 21 November 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

I guess it was the latter after all.

To claim we should be against this because one day a judge could sentence us to mosque is an irrational claim. No, it can't happen. This is right-wing drivel.
Actually it is perfectly rational.  All law is based on precedent I think.  So if this judge makes a 17 year old go to church and it isn't challenged and overturned then it becomes an accepted part of the law.  If, in 50 or 100 years the demographics of a democracy change and Islam is the predominant religious influence it's easy to see a judge - Sharia or not - doing the same thing.  The idea is to ENFORCE a given idea of morality on a lawbreaker who did harm to society in the hope that such an "education" will temper the person's actions going forward.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users