Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If you were picked to travel back in time...

time travel.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

maybe go back to the time of the mayans and record all of there stuff before it all got destroyed :tsu:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#32    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

I'd go back just to when we were getting good at science.

I'd make a big book on all the important aspects of science that we know in today's world.

I'd make a big book and compile all the information we have on how to build all of the machinery we have now, scientific and other tech, phones, computers etc.

The last item I would bring would be a book that I have compiled, claiming to be a representative of the real God who has sent me from 'The Other Side' to bring these 'gifts of knowledge'. The book would be the 'new' bible and would be one, not of judgement and warning, but of progress that would hopefully encourage people to move on with science and gaining a better understanding of the universe.

Result = Science would advance much quicker, people would drop the dogma and we'd be MUCH more advanced scientifically, far surpassing where we are now and hopefully, we'd be on our way to interstellar travel. Plus, the people would be fully convinced of me being a representative of God as well because the knowledge and information would be accurate and would work...plus, me popping out of existence would be a hint as well.

Edited by Sean93, 06 December 2012 - 03:35 AM.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#33    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

I would go back and stop Justin Bieber from ever been created.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#34    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 28 November 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

maybe go back to the time of the mayans and record all of there stuff before it all got destroyed :tsu:

They would probably sacrifice you. I reckon there is a good chance they were too wasted to record anything, and anything that might have been done was probably also sacrificed to Gods.

I wont even go see exhibitions. Many artefacts that exist are designed for sacrifice, I just can't look at them and wonder when I know how many lives suffered in this. The still beating human heart was a powerful symbol for these sick puppies.

That sort of thing is something I think people would rather forget, then revere.

Dont mean to be a downer, but MesoAmerica is probably the last place I would want to go. Might as well appear in a nest of TRexes.

If I had the opportunity to travel in time I would go back and save Hypatia from an unjust death

3 things I could bring back? I only need 2. Hypatia, her works.

I'll find something good there to make up the third though.........

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#35    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostSean93, on 06 December 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

I'd go back just to when we were getting good at science.

I'd make a big book on all the important aspects of science that we know in today's world.

I'd make a big book and compile all the information we have on how to build all of the machinery we have now, scientific and other tech, phones, computers etc.

The last item I would bring would be a book that I have compiled, claiming to be a representative of the real God who has sent me from 'The Other Side' to bring these 'gifts of knowledge'. The book would be the 'new' bible and would be one, not of judgement and warning, but of progress that would hopefully encourage people to move on with science and gaining a better understanding of the universe.

Result = Science would advance much quicker, people would drop the dogma and we'd be MUCH more advanced scientifically, far surpassing where we are now and hopefully, we'd be on our way to interstellar travel. Plus, the people would be fully convinced of me being a representative of God as well because the knowledge and information would be accurate and would work...plus, me popping out of existence would be a hint as well.

And then we have what we have now. Science being used to control people. I agree with you hence we will never have freewill ;)

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#36    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 06 December 2012 - 04:40 AM, said:

And then we have what we have now. Science being used to control people. I agree with you hence we will never have freewill ;)

Posted Image
Jokes aside, in what way does it control people? My curiosity senses are through the roof.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#37    Spectre1979

Spectre1979

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

I'm gonna be really boring and say I'd go back to the 60's in America. (the states) I feel I would fit in better then. I would take a history book of the 60's to now, A book on computer building and programming and a goat... just to be random.

There are things known, and things unknown and in between are the Doors!

#38    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,102 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostOdds, on 06 December 2012 - 04:25 AM, said:

I would go back and stop Justin Bieber from ever been created.

What if you go back and you fall in love with Beibers mum.....and you create Beiber?

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#39    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Any ancient time and teach them some more advance science(like chemistry explosives before AD would be hilariously effective). Just to screw with scientists to make them think aliens taught them everything. Might even take over the world to stop all the ancient savagery establish the bill of rights or some equivalent so that everybody has liberty, while adopting the best of each civilization and taking out the worst. All the idealistic crap :P

#40    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I would go back to when hitler sent people to india for "research" on all the inner earth theory and advanced technologies and spy on them to find out what the **** they were really doing and why. I would take a listening device kit, binocculars and a fully stocked large ration bag.

Plain curiosity.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#41    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostSean93, on 06 December 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Posted Image
Jokes aside, in what way does it control people? My curiosity senses are through the roof.

I thought that was the joke?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#42    spiro1618

spiro1618

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

IN 490BC. IN MARATHON ELLAS TO SEE HOW THE ATHINEANS WON THE FAMUS BATTLE

#43    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I would like to go back to just before the fall of Rome (circa 450 AD)... I would take as much science, math, medical and mechanical knowledge as I could fit onto the largest computer memory device I could use attached to a lap top, a solar power recharger and a really good set of non-powered tools...

I would go to some semi isolated valley or small region in Western Europe (Gaul, Brittania or Northern Italy) and set up a University/Training Center... Then use this to shorten or prevent the catastrophic European Dark Ages...

#44    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Before any time travel, one would have to consider the affects of altering the time line and any affects on the space-time-continuum...

If you were just traveling back to witness events and not alter anything you'd just have to consider any affects on the space-time-continuum...In that case, I'd probably travel back to see where exactly all the shooters were during the assignation of JFK.

#45    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Isn't understanding science sooner, means destroying the planet faster? Petrol car, machines... you know what.

What's important is to teach people morality, care of the environment...

Also tagged with time travel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users