Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

UFOs with Speeds up to 27,000 MPH

ufosfbi green fireballs los alamos project twinkle

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#166    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Edward Ruppelt did at least get a report about one of these films, though, which showed the "The UFO was 'higher than 40,000 feet, traveling over 2,000 miles per hour, and it was over 300 feet in diameter.'"

#167    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

I think it is possible under the ideal circumstances to be simultaneously wrong and right about any issue lol :no: :yes:

The Kaikoura UFO footage could be stabilised like the Bigfoot footage could it not Charlz? Can someone on this link do it I wonder :blush: well im not gonna hold my breath I am away for 2wks work.

But just a stab in the dark, the signature 'LOOP'  lasted 1/10sec so for the camera to be focused on an ever changing/moving target and in that split second time frame be  ' knocked ' then ' stabilized ' to the exact starting point while being handheld stretches the realms of belief.

( Wanders off into the sunset :whistle: )

" Where does yesterday go to? Where does tomorrow come from? Is not the universe the proginetor of space and time? "
                                                                        **Time-machine Universe**
                                                            http://www.unexplain...howtopic=286269

#168    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Here's one of my favorite Richard Dolan talks called "UFOs and the National Security State", in which the National Security State (NSS) responds in a predictable way.  As a former member of the NSS I know all of this instinctively, and realized long ago that in the US at least this has been the real government since World War II.  

UFOs are real and they are a "problem" from a National Security viewpoint.  That should be perfectly clear just from the records that have been made available.

#169    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#170    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 25 November 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

And on Ignore you go, which is something I should have done long ago.

respect and ye shall be respected.... :sm

#171    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 25 November 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

I never told anybody to go kill themselves, so after someone tells me that I figure there's nothing else left to say.

don't take things too seriously... or get too serious.. like, about uaps being et craft... :st

#172    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 25 November 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Radiation: When airborne, UFOs emit invisible electromagnetic (EM) wave energy with ionizing capability. There is some evidence and theory (Hill, Section X and XIX) indicating that the EM radiation is about coincident with the UFO's "gravity-like" force fields, i.e. gravity-like waves (used for propulsion and airflow control) and ionizing EM waves go together, the latter being some form of support for the generation of force field waves, or simply a side-effect (i.e. propulsive waves may have an electromagnetic component).

wow... :unsure2:

please, provide evidence for...

a. UFOs emit invisible electromagnetic (EM) wave energy with ionizing capability.
b. that the EM radiation is about coincident with the UFO's "gravity-like" force fields
c. gravity-like waves (used for propulsion and airflow control) and ionizing EM waves go together
d. the latter being some form of support for the generation of force field waves, or simply a side-effect (i.e. propulsive waves may have an electromagnetic component).

#173    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 25 November 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Physiological effects on human witnesses who came close to a UFO, include

Posted Image

#174    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 25 November 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

See also UFO encounters that resulted in injury or death, although sometimes this appears to be unintentional, but not always.

*snip*

This type of thing was very likely intentional.

Witness: Multiple
Date: Mid-1950s
Time:
According to General Arthur Exon, four USAF fighters disappeared after attempting to intercept a UFO. No wreckage was ever found. (Randle, Conspiracy of Silence, p.p. 138-139)

http://en.wikipedia....rgo_propter_hoc

#175    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

Man this is such a tough room ! Lets give the Mc G some room shall we ? :tsu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#176    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 26 November 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Man this is such a tough room ! Lets give the Mc G some room shall we ? :tsu:

There are five posts up above that I have on ignore and will not be responding to, so it is a waste of time for that individual to ask me anything.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 26 November 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#177    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

I think it's a tough room because there's no real doubt that the UFO cases I posted up front here are real and very well-documented.  They were unexplained at the time and remain unexplained, regardless of some of the hot air that has been spewed out in response.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 26 November 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#178    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 November 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

I think it's a tough room because there's no real doubt that the UFO cases I posted up front here are real and very well-documented.  They were unexplained at the time and remain unexplained, regardless of some of the hot air that has been spewed out in response.

Unexplained is unexplained.  I don't think anyone here has tried to say that they were explained, unless I missed something.  Can we agree that they are unexplained?  I can agree to that.

#179    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 26 November 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

Unexplained is unexplained.  I don't think anyone here has tried to say that they were explained, unless I missed something.  Can we agree that they are unexplained?  I can agree to that.

That's easy enough for me to agree to, since I have no idea at all what these things were.  If anyone ever knew, there's no record of it at all.

#180    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,343 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Taniwha - first up, thanks for engaging politely and asking questions - makes a pleasant change from some here..

View Posttaniwha, on 25 November 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

Thanks Charlz, Im thinking maybe a smeared image might be attributed in part to extreme speed of object?
Yes, it might.  But it could also be *entirely* explained by camera shake, so that point is moot - neither Maccabee, MacGuffin, I or the finest investigator on the planet can possibly make any determination on that.  However, that doesn't stop MacGuffin handwaving and making silly statements that the effect proves enormous speeds - it does no such thing.

Watch Macs post and it seems clearly to show a multicoloured disc shape that exceeds conventional explaination as its motion is described by the eyewitness the best he can, and regardless of obvious camera shake and plane vibrations seems to genuinely capture in very good detail the moments at hand.
That's lovely prose, but is it based on anything measurable or properly describable?  Or is it just your personal incredulity?  I'm not trying to insult you - but how have you *measured* the movement?  How have you decided that it is not camera shake?  Do you have experience with cameras of this type and understand the logistics of using one handheld on a plane?   And can you quote the statements 'described by the witnesses' that you are basing this on?  I'm not seeing what you are seeing...

For me, as a photographer, strange shapes like that loop are easy to create using a camera set to about 1/30 or longer, with a telephoto lens and a bumpy ride.  I've even deliberately done it for artistic effect - I'll see if I can dig up the slides (yes, I'm that old that I used film.. :P)

But for someone like you (or MacG) that may not have done much night photography with a decent manual camera, such a thing may seem unexplainable or indicative of tremendous speeds - but it's NOT.

As an analogy - I find much of quantum physics incomprehensible - that's why I don't post at quantum physics forums, because I'd get it wrong just like some here get it wrong so often...  One might think they were doing it deliberately, if one was cynical..  But I DO know photography and imaging, really, really, really well.  My knowledge on that topic is only exceeded by my modesty. :D

The Kaikoura UFO footage could be stabilised like the Bigfoot footage could it not Charlz?
Nope, sorry.  Well, you could stabilise the point of light I suppose, but it wouldn't give you any advantage - stabilisation is only useful when you have an object *and* some background..  BTW, the odd bell like shapes and transparent effects are simply lens bokeh caused by the lens defocusing, either as the cameraman plays with the controls, or as the lens is zoomed (it *must* be refocused after any zoom change).  Any decent cameraman MUST have recognised the bokeh - so either he was an inexperienced amateur, or was simply playing along for a good story.

..the signature 'LOOP'  lasted 1/10sec so for the camera to be focused on an ever changing/moving target and in that split second time frame be  ' knocked ' then ' stabilized ' to the exact starting point while being handheld stretches the realms of belief
No, it's quite normal.  If you'd done this sort of imaging in a plane or vehicle you would understand why.  You lean your hand/camera up against something - preferably something with a bit of give so you aren't loudly knocking the camera around - eg a plastic window surround and you push the camera against it to stabilise it somewhat.  But then the plane/vehicle hits a bump.. and your hand/the camera are very briefly bumped away from the support, ONLY TO IMMEDIATELY RETURN to almost the exact same spot, as that was where you were pressing it to hold it steady.  Hence the loop effect - *think about it*.  Like I said, if you don't have experience in these situations, then it's only natural that you won't recognise common effects.

BTW, any *decent* cameraman/reporter would have:
- tried to adjust the camera better to show background
- zoomed back to show the cabin interior to help orient us and show whether the camera was being pointed up (or slightly DOWN, as I suspect was the case)
- showed us how the camera rendered *known* objects on the ground, like .. oh .. say .. trawler lights, or townships..

But no, none of that happened..  This all reeks of a reporter desperate for a story, or being told to not come back without some footage they could play on a  slow news day..  Quentin Fogarty, are you listening?  How about your cameraman that night?  I'd love to ask a few questions of them ...

BTW, just looking at what is being posted here now, may I offer the comment that continually changing the subject to new and briefly described 'cases', and copy-pasting reams of text that contains technical-looking descriptions is worth nothing if the poster doesn't know how to apply scrutiny to the information or state the logical, step by step analysis in their own words..

And may I now quote MacGuffin:

I have no idea at all what these things were
MacGuffin, I, ChrLzs, totally agree with you on that.  Very well put, and an excellent summary of your analyses here.

There.  Who says I don't support anything he says?

Edited by Chrlzs, 26 November 2012 - 01:57 PM.

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users