Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Bigfoot-like creature spotted Tunbridge Wells

NatureBoff

Sure you don't mean a hyrax?

• Like 1

Sure you don't mean a hyrax?

What ever they are, 256 acres is a big place to lose them in.
Tunbridge Wells and Rusthall Commons provide 256 acres of open land to roam and explore. Both Commons have been beautifully managed by the Warden, Steve Budden along with his team and an extensive management plan is currently in force to reopen certain parts, restore the ponds and clear the rocks.

The huge sandstone rock formations dotted around the Tunbridge Wells area are very distinctive and many have been given names according to their shapes, for example ‘Toad Rock’ on the Rusthall Common.

The Commons were once open heathland, used by freeholders to graze their animals, or quarry for sand and gravel. The planting of trees didn’t occur until the beginning of the 18th Century. Described by Pelton’s Guide book of 1905: “What the ocean is to a sea bathing town, the Common is to Tunbridge Wells”. Over it’s history these Commons have seen Royalty camping upon it, Military manoevres, meetings and funfairs take place.

One of the great things about the Commons is that there is so much on offer – take an afternoon stroll around the cricket pitch, have a picnic, climb the rocks, play games, explore the ponds or just sit on one of the many benches and take in the sights – and best of all – it’s FREE!

Check the perfect mega-hyrax habitat! Happy Valley

post-94765-0-28737200-1353589045_thumb.j

post-94765-0-09208800-1353589052_thumb.j

post-94765-0-40614200-1353589059_thumb.j

"she saw a creature with long arms and knees which came up under its chin as it walked".....that was taken from the second link... i would love to see this in action.

For the past six months, some residents of the historic little town of Royal Tunbridge Wells in Kent claim to have sighted an 8 foot tall hairy creature with demonic red eyes, which has been likened to Bigfoot.

The latest sighting came from a man who spotted the creature whilst walking in some woods. He said the creature had long arms, red eyes and roared at him.

Sightings in the town go back decades.

The Kentish Apeman was first spotted on the town's common during World War Two 70 years ago.

article-2236709-0426352C0000044D-376_306x474.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2CyMqqXxI

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

I think it's my dyslexia that made me read "Strange Spotted Creature"...

Either that or there's something wrong with my brain! You can imagine how this messes things up for me!

It can't be a bear can it?

What could the explanation be, I wonder :hmm:

I reckon it's a Bigfoot, or something similar.

There is also a Bigfoot-like creature which has been spotted on Cannock Chase in Staffordshire.

• Like 1

I reckon it's a Bigfoot, or something similar.

There is also a Bigfoot-like creature which has been spotted on Cannock Chase in Staffordshire.

Bigfoot? We'll see when they find out whatever it is, I suppose.

Not to mention the Big Grey Man of Ben MacDhui. To be hoenst I don't really know what to think.

I don't really know what to think either.. Besides tons of sightings are made. I'd make a legit post if some actual "proof" were found. Nothing really to say about more sightings..

I see the finding bigfoot miss information entertainment only show has made its way over there.......

What ever they are, 256 acres is a big place to lose them in.

Actually, I was recently surprised to learn that an acre is nowhere near as big as I thought it was. For example, 256 acres (according to the app on my phone) is a fraction over 1kmsq. No where near enough room to hide a new species of biped.

• Like 1

A similar creature has been seen by all 4 of my uncles in the local woodlands.

Those men have some interesting tales.

Well, this is what happens when unknowledgable locals gather and consume wild mushrooms. :passifier:

• Like 1

Actually, I was recently surprised to learn that an acre is nowhere near as big as I thought it was. For example, 256 acres (according to the app on my phone) is a fraction over 1kmsq. No where near enough room to hide a new species of biped.

Maybe they live under ground in caves and only come out to scavenge for food at night.

Not if the new species of biped is Bigfoot......

Just ask Matt Moneymaker, or Bobo, or any member of the BFRO :)

They say Central Park in New York is Squatchy......

Edited by Sakari

Looked at the op picture, sorry, but the background is not Tunbridge Wells :rolleyes:

Also "creatures staggering out of nightclubs to terrify young women" this may be a bit of a clue. Funnily enough, just posted on another thread about fancy dress costumes. Many people do not even have to be dress in a gorilla costume while staggering out of a nightclub, being off their head and shouting their heads off can be enough to terrify young women.........also at that time in the morning when they come out, I doubt these "young women" were on their way to church.

A similar creature has been seen by all 4 of my uncles in the local woodlands.

Those men have some interesting tales.

What a coincidence, I had an uncle who used to tell me fairy tales too.

Not to mention the Big Grey Man of Ben MacDhui. To be hoenst I don't really know what to think.

I'd guess that the grey skinned ones are females incidentally. The hairy ones the males.

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh My! Bigfoots and Aliens and Nessy...Oh My!