Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Western Australia: the pines and similar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

G'day folks, hope all are well.

In the last thread I posted, regarding large felids in west Australia, a location that almost all people in the Perth metro area know came up; the Gnangara pine plantation.

There's been alleged sightings of all manner of things there, mystery creatures, weird and sinister rituals and other crazy crap, I actually remember reading a story years ago of a man who claimed to be chased by a UFO whilst four wheel driving there at night.

My experiences out there unfortunately have been fairly uneventful, despite having been there literally hundreds of times. Although it does get very frightening if you're stuck out there alone at night (don't ask, I was young and dumb and testing my new 4x4 and let me tell you, just the vibe of the place sent a godawful chill up my spine).

If anyone's got any stories or accounts of weird stuff in the gnangara pine plantation or similar areas, please share!

Cheers
Elliott

#2    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

I think they are planning on chopping them all down soon. Towards the back near Ellenbrook, they have cleared out a fair bit. A lot of new suburbs are planned on being built out there too.

Also they don't seem as daunting anymore unfortunately, you can sort of see straight through some parts driving along Gnangara road.

The Birnies buried one of their victims out there as well in the 80s.

http://www.trutv.com...s/birnie/4.html
http://en.wikipedia....atherine_Birnie

But as for stories I don't have any myself.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#3    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

I found this page on a Perth horse riding forum.

A thread about weird things people have seen while out riding. A few are from the Gnangara Pines.

Quite a few wierd things I've seen on my horse riding travels!
Naked man with a suitcase in front of his privates running through the pines!

What looked to be satanic ritual area - in the pines! There were satanic symbols marked into the trees and a tree stump covered in possibly blood. There horses did not want to go anywhere near the area! But they obliged in the end so we could have a look but spent the entire time quivering with their eyes bulging out of their heads!

Ummm, a shallow grave that had bones in it. Police investigated and turned out to be animal bones

An open suitcase with many different ID's in it, handcuffs, passports etc. All the names were diferent but the photo was the same guy. Gave it all to my mates uncle who is a detective and turns out that it all belonged to an undercover cop!

mate, the pines are amazing. active bee hives, all sorts of car junk, 'living rooms' set up around little bon fires. and plenty of explosions & real bona fide fireworks (where do ppl even get them????).

BB, my horses ride okay in the pines. maybe the part where we are is more civilised? also, i've noticed a lot of the dodgy-ness has calmed down since they've harvested so much. a big open sand pit is not as inviting as a deep dark forest.

They seem a bit farfetched though.

http://www.stockyard...hen-riding.html

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#4    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

It does have a real menacing kind of vibe after dark, especially on your own. It just feels very horror movie-esque.

#5    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

I'm not sure what we drove past, but driving from Kalamunda down to Mandurah to visit our nan, we passed through a huge pine plantation. I think it might be Gnangara. My brother always used to tell me stories about aliens in the pines whenever we drove past. Nothing else though.

If it is Gnangara, it has reduced in size A LOT since I was young (born 1993). Nowhere near as eerie as what it was. Very open nowadays. Back when, it was very enclosed. The trees were in rows, but looking on a slight angle, you could barely see the sky-light or the horizon in the middle of the day.

Edited by Skeptic Chicken, 27 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#6    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Oh I remember the stories..

Even camped there with mates in the early 80's.. sadly.. most of it is just that.. stories..

the satanic part.. was not actually satanic.. it was a witches circle from one of the local pagan coven.. they would go there to be undisturbed.. now days a coven can do its stuff in the open.. though most still go deep into the bush..

All the stories you hear about from there.. are like the ones from Pickeringbrook.. Serpentine Dam, the bush around Collie ..

#7    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Pickering brook is another one of those places that gives me the heebie-jeebies after dark. Especially Barton's Mill, mainly considering it was once a prison.

#8    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 09 February 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Pickering brook is another one of those places that gives me the heebie-jeebies after dark. Especially Barton's Mill, mainly considering it was once a prison.

My sister and her bf used to live in the middle of the pickering brook valley.. surrounded with apple trees.. I have to admit.. that place is just a little..... freaky at night..

#9    JasonPollock

JasonPollock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

• "Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" - Ernest Gaines

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

I need to go here! I wish we had places like this near Sydney...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users