Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cease-Fire likely will not hold

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

View Post.AKUMA., on 24 November 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

What does the murder of six million jews have to do with anything in todays events?.does this justify the slaughter of palistinians for you? your history is twisted! You make it out to be isreal isnt at fault with anything? Isreal has been the big bully in the region ever since it was formed.
Oh and if you think the arabs hate isreal just look up what zionism thinks about the world!
1. Everything
2. They are not slaughtering Palestinians...the Palestinians were tying bombs on their chests and blowing up innocent Israelis on buses, in the market place...I don't know how old you are but I watched all that...day in and day out on the news...
3. History is history...I twist nothing...
4. Israel has had to fight for their very survival after [1. Everything]...they aren't the bullies...if they were not being constantly attacked by Hamas there would be no confrontations...Hamas is a tool of Iran...pure and simple. That is the truth...and everyone who knows anything about anything about what is going on over there knows that.
5. Zionism isn't a country...Israel is.

Edited by joc, 24 November 2012 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#62    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

What does the murder of six million jews have to do with anything in todays events?

Everything :unsure2:
The whole "we'll never let our people be slaughtered again" bit. :gun:

#63    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,625 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Israel should be part of Britain

#64    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

I hate how people keep bringing up the holocaust when having these discussions. I really don't see how there's any implication. A previous generation of jews was slaughtered in a horrible genocide. What bearing does that have on their actions now? Does that serve to justify their actions today? Should it allow them to do things that other countries could not get away with?

The only implication that the holocaust has to this discussion is that it may or may not give some background information as to the mindset of the nation. Unfortunately, when a nation's leaders believes that everyone is out to get them, everyone all of a sudden becomes the enemy, and everyone then becomes a legitimate target.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#65    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,146 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostStellar, on 24 November 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

I hate how people keep bringing up the holocaust when having these discussions. I really don't see how there's any implication. A previous generation of jews was slaughtered in a horrible genocide. What bearing does that have on their actions now? Does that serve to justify their actions today? Should it allow them to do things that other countries could not get away with?

The only implication that the holocaust has to this discussion is that it may or may not give some background information as to the mindset of the nation. Unfortunately, when a nation's leaders believes that everyone is out to get them, everyone all of a sudden becomes the enemy, and everyone then becomes a legitimate target.
True enough but if you take a long view of their history you can hardly say that most of their concerns are misplaced, can you?  No other group of people have been so uniformly hated just for their heritage.  That aside, they have struggled to survive and HAVE - and as a distinct "family" group over 2 millennia.  That alone is quite impressive even if it had been done sans conflicts.  My faith (for what it's worth) is that Israel will survive this mess despite the efforts of everyone that comes against them.  Hardly unscathed, but survive it all they will - and prosper - because God said it's what He wants.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#66    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostStellar, on 24 November 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Stellar,
Everyone IS out to get Israel.  How are you missing that?  I don't think you understand what is really happening in this world.  Let me give you some current background since you miss the History Lesson of Germany.   Let's review the 'Arab Spring' for a moment.  The Press reported it all as a 'democratic movement' sweeping the middle east.  Not!  It was the Muslim Brotherhood sweeping the middle east.  Obama is part of all of this because he said, 'Mubarak has to go!'.   Then Obama said, 'Ghadafi has to go!'  and went they did.  Now the Brotherhood is dominating much of  the middle east.  The Brotherhood, Iran, the Jihadists, Taliban, Al Queda...these are not all fractional groups that have nothing in common...they are all different divisions of the same Israel Hating Arab Muslim Jihadists Movement!  For crying out loud...some of you people just cannot see the forest here.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#67    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,651 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Why do those radical muslims hate Israel?

Because Israel doesn't bow-down and worship Allah. Simple as that.

#68    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

View Postjoc, on 24 November 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Stellar,
Everyone IS out to get Israel.  How are you missing that?  I don't think you understand what is really happening in this world.  Let me give you some current background since you miss the History Lesson of Germany.   Let's review the 'Arab Spring' for a moment.  The Press reported it all as a 'democratic movement' sweeping the middle east.  Not!  It was the Muslim Brotherhood sweeping the middle east.  Obama is part of all of this because he said, 'Mubarak has to go!'.   Then Obama said, 'Ghadafi has to go!'  and went they did.  Now the Brotherhood is dominating much of  the middle east.  The Brotherhood, Iran, the Jihadists, Taliban, Al Queda...these are not all fractional groups that have nothing in common...they are all different divisions of the same Israel Hating Arab Muslim Jihadists Movement!  For crying out loud...some of you people just cannot see the forest here.
The current conflict has nothing to do with Germany,the Holocaust and by the way you forgot to put the Zionists in with your Extremist list.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#69    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

View Postpallidin, on 24 November 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

What a bunch of simplistic BULL!

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#70    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,651 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 24 November 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

What a bunch of simplistic BULL!

Well, it's the TRUTH. Deal with it.

#71    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

View Postpallidin, on 24 November 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Well, it's the TRUTH. Deal with it.

No, it isnt. The Palestinians want to be an autonomous state of self determination.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#72    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,651 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 24 November 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

No, it isnt. The Palestinians want to be an autonomous state of self determination.

Their self-determination is to destroy and eliminate Israel.

#73    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

We must respect other religions, even as we respect our own. Mere tolerance thereof is not enough.

The sayings of Muhammad are a treasure of wisdom not only for Muslims but for all of mankind.

Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and unhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs.

The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me. The sanction for it is sought in the Bible and the tenacity with which the Jews have hankered after return to Palestine. Why should they not, like other peoples of the earth, make that country their home where they are born and where they earn their livelihood?

I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

- Quotes from Mohandas Gandhi

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN, 25 November 2012 - 04:07 AM.

#74    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,146 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostWHO U KIDDIN, on 25 November 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

We must respect other religions, even as we respect our own. Mere tolerance thereof is not enough.

The sayings of Muhammad are a treasure of wisdom not only for Muslims but for all of mankind.

Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and unhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs.

The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me. The sanction for it is sought in the Bible and the tenacity with which the Jews have hankered after return to Palestine. Why should they not, like other peoples of the earth, make that country their home where they are born and where they earn their livelihood?

I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

- Quotes from Mohandas Gandhi
This kind of makes me sad.  My respect for him is so much less now than it once was.  I guess he had his blind spots too.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#75    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

View Postpallidin, on 24 November 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

If you knew anything about the jews you would know that they share.more cultural and religous heritage with muslims than their christian freinds! In reality it should be the muslims supporting them! The conflict has more to do with politics than religeon, its over land! Christians have twisted their faith to make a mortal their god(jesus) jews and muslims still believe him to be a prophet and agree their god is one in the same!

Ps excuse my spelling and grammer im using a silly android phone -_-

Edited by .AKUMA., 25 November 2012 - 04:39 AM.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users