Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Knowing the mind of God


  • Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#121    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

The devil made me do  <--Wouldn't hold in a court of law..
Unless you were in Deep red state Mississippi. :cry:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#122    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 November 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Unless you were in Deep red state Mississippi. :cry:

Are you serious?  They allow that to fly as an excuse for breaking the law?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#123    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Are you serious?  They allow that to fly as an excuse for breaking the law?
Yep, apparently it the most religious happy clappy state in the US (I googled it) Obviously you will not get away with it, as the devil is the enemy, but in any other state I think they just put them in prison, there i think they burn them (alledgedly)

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#124    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 November 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

Yep, apparently it the most religious happy clappy state in the US (I googled it) Obviously you will not get away with it, as the devil is the enemy, but in any other state I think they just put them in prison, there i think they burn them (alledgedly)

That's just sad

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 28 November 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#125    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,145 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 November 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:


Will not believe in god!
And that there is the truth.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#126    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 28 November 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

And that there is the truth.
"Yes, time some people realised that some of us do not and will not believe in god! "
you mean this? you would make a good spin doctor, :tu:

Edited by freetoroam, 28 November 2012 - 11:14 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#127    iforgot

iforgot

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2012

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 November 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

That's just sad
Saw it on web; must be true

Posted Image


#128    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,167 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 November 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

But apes would not need proof of our existence.
As you say god predates humanity, does this mean that the dinosaurs could have been god worshippers too?  at the end of the day, they were on this planet for a lot longer than we have been.
Maybe god made them first... boy, they must have really peed him off somehow! (rolling eyes, smilies has packed up) ooooh, spooky!
I believe you are not really serious about this conversation, but fair enough.  I have the same knowlege of and proofs for god, that apes have of/ for me. God is as real and physical as I am or an ape is

But let us suppose that we uplifted apes and then left the planet as we evolved into different beings ourselves. Perhaps beings of pure consciousness perhaps another form of being able to manipulate matter and energy virtually at will, through remote technologies. The apes are left with only legends of us, and on occasion a contact with a being they  dont even recognise as a material entity but capable of apparently miraculous feats.

i doubt that god is as old as the dinosurs in evolved terms. However god, or the race to which he belongs, has had time to spread throughout the local universe and establish a network of communication devices which allow the transfer of consciousness around the universe and its manipulation of matter and energy in our local area.

. So god is probably, given our own technological rate of progress, at least 100,000 years more evolved than us. God has been recognised by humans since neandertal and cromagnon times and we have been interacting with god since then. That also puts god's presence in the local universe at at least 50000 to perhaps 100000 years. These are obviously minimum estimates/extrapolations. more likely god evolved some millions of years ago or more and spread into this part of the  universe and our galaxy as it and its race developed the ability to do so.

For all I know there are many gods around the  universe, each respnsible for uplifting and safeguarding emergent sapient species in their sector, but if so, their consciousness is linked via the 'neural network' of the cosmic consciousness which allows us to travel to the centre of the universe or to any place within it and to link with other consciousnesses around the universe.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#129    Sean93

Sean93

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Joined:24 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ireland

  • WRATH

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 29 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

I believe you are not really serious about this conversation, but fair enough.  I have the same knowlege of and proofs for god, that apes have of/ for me. God is as real and physical as I am or an ape is

But let us suppose that we uplifted apes and then left the planet as we evolved into different beings ourselves. Perhaps beings of pure consciousness perhaps another form of being able to manipulate matter and energy virtually at will, through remote technologies. The apes are left with only legends of us, and on occasion a contact with a being they  dont even recognise as a material entity but capable of apparently miraculous feats.

i doubt that god is as old as the dinosurs in evolved terms. However god, or the race to which he belongs, has had time to spread throughout the local universe and establish a network of communication devices which allow the transfer of consciousness around the universe and its manipulation of matter and energy in our local area.

. So god is probably, given our own technological rate of progress, at least 100,000 years more evolved than us. God has been recognised by humans since neandertal and cromagnon times and we have been interacting with god since then. That also puts god's presence in the local universe at at least 50000 to perhaps 100000 years. These are obviously minimum estimates/extrapolations. more likely god evolved some millions of years ago or more and spread into this part of the  universe and our galaxy as it and its race developed the ability to do so.

For all I know there are many gods around the  universe, each respnsible for uplifting and safeguarding emergent sapient species in their sector, but if so, their consciousness is linked via the 'neural network' of the cosmic consciousness which allows us to travel to the centre of the universe or to any place within it and to link with other consciousnesses around the universe.

Would be awesome if god was an evolved human, what you said above puts me in mind A LOT of A Space oddessy; you know, the Firstborn, beings who started out as humans but evolved over time into beings without bodies - basically they have become non-corporeal entities and can manipukate the universe around them and appear to apes and Neandrathals in prehistoric times. Would be awesome if the god of the universe was like that.
Posted Image

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#130    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Greece

  • Dang!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 28 November 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Just as an insect cannot know the mind of an "Eistein" we cannot know the mind of God.
Best post i've seen so far!!

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#131    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostCuriousGreek, on 29 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Best post i've seen so far!!

I couldn't agree more

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#132    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 29 November 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

I believe you are not really serious about this conversation, but fair enough.  I have the same knowlege of and proofs for god, that apes have of/ for me. God is as real and physical as I am or an ape is

Mr Walker sir, i have only responded to this bit because the rest is pure hearsay. But please! how do you have the same knowledge and PROOF of god as apes have of us?? Apes see us, we see apes, apes feel us, we feel apes.......literally, if you can see and feel god literally, then you know something that the rest of the world do not!
I can show you a picture of an ape, can you show me one of god?
I can go up to an ape and look it in the eyes, can you do the same to god?

This is my serious side! :devil:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#133    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Joined:06 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Coast

  • Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Yes but I prefer to see it as understanding the concept of God not as knowing the mind of God. If you believe in choice and free-will and look down on those who limit choices and take away free-will unjustly then you understand the concept of God. You don't even need to believe in him to understand the concept. I find that most good people understand the concept.


#134    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,167 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 29 November 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Mr Walker sir, i have only responded to this bit because the rest is pure hearsay. But please! how do you have the same knowledge and PROOF of god as apes have of us?? Apes see us, we see apes, apes feel us, we feel apes.......literally, if you can see and feel god literally, then you know something that the rest of the world do not!
I can show you a picture of an ape, can you show me one of god?
I can go up to an ape and look it in the eyes, can you do the same to god?

This is my serious side! :devil:

Yes precisely. I See god, I feel god. I hear god.   God touches me, hears me, responds to me, directs me, etc. Just like any other physical and independent entity. And god is self aware, self directed, with its own purposes.
God moves/ alters the natural environment around me, quite observably and with pre-expressed intent (ie he says he will do something then proceeds to do it)  If i had a camera, and god let me, I could take a picture of one of the many avatars or physical manifestations of god as they appear to me or to other humans, because they are actual physical entities like you or me.

God is a physical entity, just of a different order or nature  to us. None of this knowledge or experince is unique to me. I am not special.  Far from it. I know many, many people personally, with the same experiences of god; and thus there are sure to be millions I do not know. God does not have eyes. Some of his manifestations or avatars do.  One i met had the most beautiful eyes which matched the absolute handsomeness of his youngish male body and the armani suit he was wearing. All the nurses in the cardiac unit asked me who he was, but i didnt know him. He dematerialised on a fifth floor balcony of the hospital, after leaving me a bible.

Others are beings of light and energy. One i met, lit up hundreds of square yards/metres of night landscape, as light as noon. If he had eyes his presence was too bright to distinguish them, and almost blinding to look into. "He" was a "solid" pillar/column of light, over 2 metres tall and nearly a metre in diameter. "He" manifested, like someone appearing via a transmat beam, near midnight in my parent's front yard ,about a metre away from me and was seen by a number of witnesses because he lit up the whole front yard.

He spoke to me, tellng me what he was about to do, and then he removed my physical addiction to nicotine. After smoking over a packet a day for five years or more, i never touched another cigarette in my life, and i had no withdrawal symptoms, nor desire to smoke from that moment on.

Edited by Mr Walker, 30 November 2012 - 09:35 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#135    Sean93

Sean93

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Joined:24 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ireland

  • WRATH

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 30 November 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yes precisely. I See god, I feel god. I hear god.   God touches me, hears me, responds to me, directs me, etc. Just like any other physical and independent entity. And god is self aware, self directed, with its own purposes.
God moves/ alters the natural environment around me, quite observably and with pre-expressed intent (ie he says he will do something then proceeds to do it)  If i had a camera, and god let me, I could take a picture of one of the many avatars or physical manifestations of god as they appear to me or to other humans, because they are actual physical entities like you or me.

God is a physical entity, just of a different order or nature  to us. None of this knowledge or experince is unique to me. I am not special.  Far from it. I know many, many people personally, with the same experiences of god; and thus there are sure to be millions I do not know. God does not have eyes. Some of his manifestations or avatars do.  One i met had the most beautiful eyes which matched the absolute handsomeness of his youngish male body and the armani suit he was wearing. All the nurses in the cardiac unit asked me who he was, but i didnt know him. He dematerialised on a fifth floor balcony of the hospital, after leaving me a bible.

Others are beings of light and energy. One i met, lit up hundreds of square yards/metres of night landscape, as light as noon. If he had eyes his presence was too bright to distinguish them, and almost blinding to look into. "He" was a "solid" pillar/column of light, over 2 metres tall and nearly a metre in diameter. "He" manifested, like someone appearing via a transmat beam, near midnight in my parent's front yard ,about a metre away from me and was seen by a number of witnesses because he lit up the whole front yard.

He spoke to me, tellng me what he was about to do, and then he removed my physical addiction to nicotine. After smoking over a packet a day for five years or more, i never touched another cigarette in my life, and i had no withdrawal symptoms, nor desire to smoke from that moment on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Madness aside. Why do you think this sexy Armani guy left you a bible out of all the religious texts in existence?

Edited by Sean93, 02 December 2012 - 11:33 PM.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users