Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pulling Away

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    P-39 Airacobra

P-39 Airacobra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Im new, and this is probably a wierd, if not dumb question, but I will ask anyway. Is there a type of ghost or spirit with the sole purpose of fooling innocent children or people away from a safe place such as a home. Example: Like the thing goes to the child's door or window and asks it to open it and come out with it.

Reason I ask this is, Because I saw something similar to this on a stupied tv show. Also when I was a kid this old lady that lived up the street from me used to warn me about things trying to pull love or innocent from the world. I thought the lady was a little off in the head. But I used to mow her lawn since she had nobody else to help her. And she used to tell me some strange off the wall sxxx.

#2    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

It's not a stupid question.

The answer is IMO, there's no such thing as ghosts tho.

Welcome to UM!

#3    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,775 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Posted Image

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,017 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostP-39 Airacobra, on 23 November 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Im new, and this is probably a wierd, if not dumb question, but I will ask anyway. Is there a type of ghost or spirit with the sole purpose of fooling innocent children or people away from a safe place such as a home. Example: Like the thing goes to the child's door or window and asks it to open it and come out with it.

Reason I ask this is, Because I saw something similar to this on a stupied tv show. Also when I was a kid this old lady that lived up the street from me used to warn me about things trying to pull love or innocent from the world. I thought the lady was a little off in the head. But I used to mow her lawn since she had nobody else to help her. And she used to tell me some strange off the wall sxxx.

Right, as was said above, ghosts don't exist.

As to the lady, that's a fairly common wives tale told all around the world and it's actually rooted in good common sense if you think about it.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    P-39 Airacobra

P-39 Airacobra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I never saw a ghost myself or worried about them or really believed. I was just wondering if there was some sort of story or legend type crap, to the crap the old lady said.

Attached Files

Edited by P-39 Airacobra, 24 November 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#6    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,775 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostP-39 Airacobra, on 24 November 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

I never saw a ghost myself or worried about them or really believed. I was just wondering if there was some sort of story or legend type crap, to the crap the old lady said.

This guy ?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

I saw a ghost and they do exist.  I don't know if what you were told is true.  Sounds like a story just to scare kids.

#8    P-39 Airacobra

P-39 Airacobra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for the replies I was just interested to know if there was a saying about it. I figured if anyone would know it would be someone on this board. However I have no idea what I did to Sakari This is my first topic so I have done nothing to it or him or her. Could be a "it" from the michael jackson love shown. If your that mad at your parents Sakari, move out of there house. But first get a job. And don't lie and make up a good job you say you have because you don't. I am just here to ask a stinkin question not to become popular or make enemies. I could care less if I am hated or if I get banned.

#9    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,775 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostP-39 Airacobra, on 26 November 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies I was just interested to know if there was a saying about it. I figured if anyone would know it would be someone on this board. However I have no idea what I did to Sakari This is my first topic so I have done nothing to it or him or her. Could be a "it" from the michael jackson love shown. If your that mad at your parents Sakari, move out of there house. But first get a job. And don't lie and make up a good job you say you have because you don't. I am just here to ask a stinkin question not to become popular or make enemies. I could care less if I am hated or if I get banned.

On this board, sometimes a few ( if not more or less ) replies are made that would usually seem obviously facetious.

These were to be facetious.

Sometimes a little humor is nice, and a change. I am sorry you took it the wrong way.

Welcome to UM, and smile a bit.

I have not heard of any stories like you mentioned, if that helps.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,333 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Any weird story you hear is more likely to have a myth/ legend behind it. many will change slightly along the way to fit in with more modern times, some change as they go down the line from generation to generation. This sounds like one of them.
But the chances are they all started out with a bit of truth originally, but it gets added to for that bit of extra excitement and scariness.

Edited by freetoroam, 26 November 2012 - 01:34 AM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#11    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostP-39 Airacobra, on 26 November 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

ghosts do exist..  but this old woman and her story sound like a bit of a tale..  just some old woman trying to spook you.. i wouldn't be worried about it..

dont let Sakari get to you.. he was crowned prom king at the UM Skeptics Awards last year.. i thought he was 15 when i started posting here.. easy mistake to make.. welcome to the jungle..

#12    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,775 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

View Postwith bells on, on 26 November 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

dont let Sakari get to you.. he was crowned prom king at the UM Skeptics Awards last year.. i thought he was 15 when i started posting here.. easy mistake to make.. welcome to the jungle..

That was mature.

As you may have seen, I apologized, and explained humor here.

Edited by Sakari, 26 November 2012 - 04:12 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#13    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

It's sad how some members on here will use humor to answer a question without even giving it a good go first. One of the reasons I left this place.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,775 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostNikkiAidyn, on 26 November 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

It's sad how some members on here will use humor to answer a question without even giving it a good go first. One of the reasons I left this place.

99% of my replies are a good " go " of it. Once in a while, all of us like to have a little humor on the side. That is what makes us human.

The most completely wasted of all days is that in which we have not laughed.

I use humor in my life some times...I am who I am....

A great quote from a smart person :

I'm who I am online and offline. I wouldn't want to be anyone else. lol I don't really care what people think of me. It's a waste of time trying to be someone else.. I don't get the point anyway, because you're just going to lose meaningful relationships pretending to be someone you're not.

:tu:

And again, I did apologize for the replies not gong as planned, not many do that.

Edited by Sakari, 26 November 2012 - 05:18 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#15    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,750 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostP-39 Airacobra, on 23 November 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

relax. there is no such ghost. the only thing i can think of that resembles this is in the book salem's lot by stephen king. that's the only way the vampires could get in. they scratched at the screen or something i don't remember now
anyway it's just scary stories.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users