Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch DNA Study Announcement

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#226    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostNoodly Savior, on 05 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

I don't trust scientific studies until they are published.

Unless published in Russia.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#227    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostNoodly Savior, on 05 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

I don't trust scientific studies until they are published.

Keep in mind we don't know where all the samples were taken......what methodology was used. Not only that but if it really is DNA from a Bigfoot then how are you going to know? We don't have anything to compare it to or against. Could the a manpigturduckhen......what ever the heck that thing is that other guy is always blaming sightings on.

#228    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Bigfoot: It’s Yogi not Yeti

For three years, there have been scores of sightings of a towering, long-haired beast roaming the Mount Shoria region of southern Russia.

The “bigfoot” has shed its unusual black and grey coarse coat in clumps in various caves which have been collected and claimed to be yeti hair.

The samples have never been analysed by top geneticists — until now.

We gave three hairs from different areas of Shoria to yeti-hunter Prof Bryan Sykes of Oxford’s Wolfson Institute.

His tests reveal one, a long, thick, distinctive hair, comes from a rare type of black bear from North America — Ursus americanus. They can reach 7ft — just like the yeti sighted at Shoria.

The other two hairs turned out to be from a racoon and a horse.

Experts are baffled as the bear is never found native outside the US. The hair is not from an Asiatic black bear, which can be found in Russia.

Prof Sykes — leading a global genetics project to test hair samples from possible bigfoots — revealed: “The hairs did not come from a yeti. The American black bear result was highly unusual. An explanation could be an animal escaped from a circus, zoo or private collection, but it is extraordinary.”

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#229    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Can you say "planted evidence"?

#230    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

View Postevancj, on 04 February 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Will I loose my decoder ring and DNA kit?

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#231    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,814 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

View Postevancj, on 04 February 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

That is immediately what I thought too. Find hair that "looks good" and then show it around.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#232    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Not if they are purchased thru Dr. Ketchum...after all her fine products have an up to 5 year delay for them to take effect (if at all). They also have an automatically generated biannual personal text press leak/release telling you to be patient and wait for your already confirmed bigfoot DNA test results, and to buy another kit to re-confirm the first test results, so that you can purchase a framed official "I found some bigfoot DNA" certificate that for a small fee will be featured in the DNA diagnostics news letter which you will need to pay for a subscription in order to see.

#233    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

View Postevancj, on 05 February 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Not if they are purchased thru Dr. Ketchum...after all her fine products have an up to 5 year delay for them to take effect (if at all). They also have an automatically generated biannual personal text press leak/release telling you to be patient and wait for your already confirmed bigfoot DNA test results, and to buy another kit to re-confirm the first test results, so that you can purchase a framed official "I found some bigfoot DNA" certificate that for a small fee will be featured in the DNA diagnostics news letter which you will need to pay for a subscription in order to see.
Good thing there's nothing questionable or unethical going on to challenge credibility.
How many supporters does she really have, I wonder?

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#234    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Like everything ketchum is involved with, there is no doubt it is all above board, and run with the highest moral ethical and scientific standards... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

#235    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Wonder if old Todd "the Man" Standing gave up some of his stuff for testing?

Naaaaaaw!

#236    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,274 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

I kinda doubt Todd Standing would have the proper providence attached to his evidence to be accepted into the Sykes study. Ketchum...  do I really need to state the obvious? :lol: She was in cahoots with that Justin Smeeja character. What a load. I never bought that clowns tall tale for a minute.

Posted Image

#237    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

Maybe they could all get together and smear Bigfoot DNA all over each other.............oh wait.

That's a different kind of party, my bad.

:w00t:

#238    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,274 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 05 February 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

How many supporters does she really have, I wonder?
That's the beauty of mathematics, you can take zero and multiply it as many times as you want and always come up with the same number.

Edited by Stardrive, 05 February 2013 - 07:02 AM.

Posted Image

#239    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

There you go blinding us all with mathematics.

#240    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,653 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 26 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

I think a lot of people agree with you, which is one reason that it is profitable to some to keep coming up with new dna analysis and photos and such.

I look at bigfoot like professional wrestling. I know it is fake, but it's still fun to watch the show.

:tu:  Right on, man! :tu:

LOL

There are no such things as Lenticular clouds, only UFO's in disguise

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users