Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Foster children taken from couple...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 25 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

because they took immigrant children from a couple who support a party that hates immigrants the bearing is clear.

If UKIP hate immigrants so much why did a couple of them decide to adopt immigrants and have them living in their own home?

And if UKIP hates immigrants so much then why is UKIP leader NIgel Farage married to a German immigrant?

But, even so, there is nothing wrong with being concerned about immigration.  Millions of British people are concerned about uncontrolled immigration and immigration is often shown in polls to be the biggest concern for the British people.

And before you continue to condemn anybody as "racist" just because they disagree with the dangerous policy of uncontrolled immigration just remember that Prime Minister Gordon Brown lost his job in the 2010 General Election when he was unwittingly heard over his microphone calling an old lady - a Labour supporter -  a "bigot" just because she stopped him on the street and asked him what his party - who had a lamentable record on immigration - were going to do to control immigration.  There was widespread anger over his disgusting remark and, needless to say, the lady decided not to vote for Labour at that election.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 25 November 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#17    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 25 November 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

If UKIP hate immigrants so much why did a couple of them decide to adopt immigrants and have them living in their own home?

And if UKIP hates immigrants so much then why is UKIP leader NIgel Farage married to a German immigrant?

But, even so, there is nothing wrong with being concerned about immigration.  Millions of British people are concerned about uncontrolled immigration and immigration is often shown in polls to be the biggest concern for the British people.

And before you continue to condemn anybody as "racist" just because they disagree with the dangerous policy of uncontrolled immigration just remember that Prime Minister Gordon Brown lost his job in the 2010 General Election when he was unwittingly heard over his microphone calling an old lady - a Labour supporter -  a "bigot" just because she stopped him on the street and asked him what his party - who had a lamentable record on immigration - were going to do to control immigration.  There was widespread anger over his disgusting remark and, needless to say, the lady decided not to vote for Labour at that election.
they probalbly took them on because of the amout of money the goverment gives foster parents for taking them on .its much more than the goverment gives people who have there own children (you know the ones you compared to dogs) .
so looking after foster kids should mean unlimited funds but bringing up your own should be limited .thats a nice society you want .

#18    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,438 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

t is deplorable that a couple who provided a good family home to these Children then lose them because of their Politics.Shame on the Council and these Social Workers should be fired immediately...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#19    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,409 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

View Postdiablo_04, on 24 November 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Yep, i love this "democracy" its 100 times worse that communism.

Go and live under a dictatorship, and then come back and say that.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#20    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,009 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 26 November 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

they probalbly took them on because of the amout of money the goverment gives foster parents for taking them on .its much more than the goverment gives people who have there own children (you know the ones you compared to dogs) .
so looking after foster kids should mean unlimited funds but bringing up your own should be limited .thats a nice society you want .

Ah so that's why people become foster parents, i often wondered why!!

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#21    Feebs

Feebs

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

• Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

firstly it is about how the child is treated and not once has it said these children had been subjected to anything other than a normal happy loving home environment...these people have been treated like they are in the wrong which is just not true...i have fostered and believe me i never got a lot of money at all and i never did it for money ...the immigration problem is on the rise due to the dumb **** governments way of dealing with it and UKIP is as far as i can see trying to make it a more fair process....anyway none of there beliefs unless it directly harms the child should have nothing to do with fostering ...there is far too many kids needing homes and loving people to take care of them..this just ruins that ..the council involved should have a big massive shake up and those who made this decision should be fired x

Posted Image

#22    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,530 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

I do not think a Couple's Politics should make any difference - unless it involves Child Abuse of any type.

By extension, then anyone who believes in the Principles that UKIP espouses is also under a cloud of suspicion... they (the Social Workers) become the new Concentration Camp Commandants in the eyes of these Social Services Idiots!!

Now... IF the Social Service workers themselves have a "hidden agenda" (and I suspect they do) then they are the ones who should be pilloried and stripped of their positions. WHAT is their Ethnicity, WHAT are their political leanings?? Important, and possibly difficult,  questions that need to be asked, and answered

Edited by keithisco, 27 November 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#23    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,530 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostFeebs, on 27 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

firstly it is about how the child is treated and not once has it said these children had been subjected to anything other than a normal happy loving home environment...these people have been treated like they are in the wrong which is just not true...i have fostered and believe me i never got a lot of money at all and i never did it for money ...the immigration problem is on the rise due to the dumb **** governments way of dealing with it and UKIP is as far as i can see trying to make it a more fair process....anyway none of there beliefs unless it directly harms the child should have nothing to do with fostering ...there is far too many kids needing homes and loving people to take care of them..this just ruins that ..the council involved should have a big massive shake up and those who made this decision should be fired x

Yes, you are right - the amount of money you get from the state in no way compensates for all the extra money that is paid out by Foster Parents - the Theme Park tickets, the holidays, the extra - curricula activities etc etc

#24    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Its not that this is an isolated case, its bugs me that there are people who have to power to do this, and the same people are the backbone of the democracy in that particular country.
Democracy is not what they want us to believe!!! ;)

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#25    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• 1,403 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

The most disappointing thing about this story is that it back-handedly opens the door for yet more casual talk of how all the UK's problems are caused by "immigration" (right-wing code for "not-white people").

The council's decision to take the kids away from this couple was outstandingly stupid and ill-advised.

It doesn't change the fact that UKIP is not a "mainstream party", it is a right-wing fringe, with many of the same ideals as the BNP, EDL et al - just with more presentable leaders and better skill at prevarication around their worrying policies.

Posted Image

#26    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Its not that this is an isolated case, its bugs me that there are people who have to power to do this, and the same people are the backbone of the democracy in that particular country.
lol in the world of the commie , they dont need papers or a trial to take away the children ! and let alone .. sue them lol .. they just point a finger at you and its done !

#27    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,009 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostJamieSymptom, on 04 December 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

The most disappointing thing about this story is that it back-handedly opens the door for yet more casual talk of how all the UK's problems are caused by "immigration" (right-wing code for "not-white people").

The council's decision to take the kids away from this couple was outstandingly stupid and ill-advised.

It doesn't change the fact that UKIP is not a "mainstream party", it is a right-wing fringe, with many of the same ideals as the BNP, EDL et al - just with more presentable leaders and better skill at prevarication around their worrying policies.

Bollo** The problem that the hand wringing wishy liberals have is that they cannot even touch on the subject of immigration & the associated problems caused by it without trying to associate it with racism. It is them & only them that make this association, they are the ones that have the problem. To simply throw in the (much overused) word racism is a failed attempt to gain the moral high ground without putting forward a reasoned argument or debate. It is a cop out.
The liberal left like the contributor above cannot debate the subject of immigration without making the mental connection with race, which is why a husband & wife who happen to be members of UKIP & have fostered immigrant children 'does not compute' with them.
Can I ask you a question? I heard somebody a few days ago who said the words..."that's about as likely as a black man at an olympic swimming final".....Question, Do you think that is racist?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#28    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 05 December 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Can I ask you a question? I heard somebody a few days ago who said the words..."that's about as likely as a black man at an olympic swimming final".....Question, Do you think that is racist?

Only as racist as "white men can't jump"

When did facts of life become racist

#29    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• 1,403 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 05 December 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Bollo** The problem that the hand wringing wishy liberals have is that they cannot even touch on the subject of immigration & the associated problems caused by it without trying to associate it with racism. It is them & only them that make this association, they are the ones that have the problem. To simply throw in the (much overused) word racism is a failed attempt to gain the moral high ground without putting forward a reasoned argument or debate. It is a cop out.
The liberal left like the contributor above cannot debate the subject of immigration without making the mental connection with race, which is why a husband & wife who happen to be members of UKIP & have fostered immigrant children 'does not compute' with them.

The problem with right-wing supporters is that they see everyone who doesn't fully agree with them as 'liberal left', when that is far from the case. Politically I'm fairly central.

I do think that immigration is a big fat scapegoat for the UK's problems. Why does immigration worry you? This nation is built by immigrants. Are you worried about English people emigrating to Spain or Australia? I see huge double standards in the immigration debate.

I don't think your quote is racist, it's hyperbolic stereotyping, but people do that all the time. No big deal. If someone however campaigns to stop black people from being allowed to compete in swimming finals, that would be racist. See the difference?

Saying that you think there are lot of asian people in Bradford, for example, is not racist. Joining political parties that campaign for them to not be there, is racist. etc etc

Posted Image

#30    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostJamieSymptom, on 04 December 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

It doesn't change the fact that UKIP is not a "mainstream party"

Yes, it is.  It's now overtaken the extremely unpopular Liberal Democrats as Britain's third party.

Their two great appeals to the British public are their desire to leave the EU and their justified belief that there is too much immigration into the UK.  Alongside the economy and the EU, immigration is the thing which most concerns the British people.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 05 December 2012 - 05:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users