Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] NJ witch Sightings?

witches witchcraft new jersey sightings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    PAhunter89

PAhunter89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Live life so that you have no regrets

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I've been told by my grandma that her dad was kidnaped when he was younger by a witch in Summer Point NJ, I just want to prove all this. If anyone knows about witches, witch-craft, or the Summers and Steelmans families in Summers point New Jersey, could really use the help, cause people in my family are starting to reveal things that happens to them, but only those repeated to my Grandma(not my dad, or grandpa) we think it has to do with persuasion over event.

-PAhunter89

#2    PAhunter89

PAhunter89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've been told by my grandma that her dad was kidnaped when he was younger by a witch in Summer Point NJ, I just want to prove all this. If anyone knows about witches, witch-craft, or the Summers and Steelmans families in Summers point New Jersey, could really use the help, cause people in my family are starting to reveal things that happens to them, but only those repeated to my Grandma(not my dad, or grandpa) we think it has to do with persuasion over event.

-PAhunter89

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Well how many,years we going back here ?
Witches and covens ,come and go over the years . Only a place like Salem ,Mass . has an ongoing witch population come and go,and that's because of the history there.

Witches ,per se,don't usually kidnap people . What is the reason for it . Did yours great grand father say ?
It would come down to ,was he abused ,or did she want a kid for some reason,and stole one .
Disturbed people do that kind of stuff .Wether it was a person who practiced witchcraft would be secondary ,unless he was used for a magickal purpose .

Do you know any details. ? Lady Rhea may know something ,but I'm doubting it .

Miss me?

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,753 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

“That all women of whatever age, rank profession or degree, who shall after this Act betray into matrimony any of His Majesty’s subjects by virtue of scents, cosmetics, washes, paints, artificial teeth, false hair or high-heeled shoes, shall incur the penalty of the Law in force against witchcraft and like misdemeanours, on penalty of death.”

(General Assembly of East Jersey 1688)

...............................................................................................................

I've also found this....concerning the genealogy of a James Steelman of Somer's Point....

http://www.rootsweb....lanticco-nj.txt

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#5    lsra

lsra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Someday we'll look back at this and plow into a parked car.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Whenever something bad happens, people like to have someone to blame.  Historically, the perfect fall guy has been a witch. Uncle Joe drops dead?  It was a witch.  Crops fail?  Witch.   The witches were usually social outcasts or people that were just different and didn't conform to societal norms.  But usually, they didn't practice witchcraft.  Do you have any more details on this abduction?

#6    PAhunter89

PAhunter89

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Ok sorry I left some minor details out cause I didn't think this many replies would happen,
My grandma is like 72 and her dad was young not a teen yet, so probably late 1800s early 1900s, and the whole kidnap did happen, my grandma said he was gone for three days, and was found make in the woods unconscious. After they got him home and everything settled after a few days, he told his brother and two sisters that a witch toke him, and that's how my Gandma got the story.
     But Summers Point was mostly unsettled woods back then so it could happen.

-PAhunter89

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,189 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

There was a time that anyone unusual would of been labeled a witch, doesn't mean they were.

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,357 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hilander, on 24 November 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

There was a time that anyone unusual would of been labeled a witch, doesn't mean they were.
   I think that Witches were just lonely old ladies who had lost their husbands,and lived on their own,and maybe had a pet (cat/dog/bird in a cage, or whatever for company.They probably were seen by nosy neighbours as they made and stirred a pan of stew,and were accused by spitefull people,of being witches, and anything that happened in a village became their fault. In England during the Middle ages there was witch hunts, and some poor old dear would be picked on, taken by a mob to the local village pond,tied to a chair and submerged in the water for maybe 4/5 minutes,if they survived which rarely happened,they were freed,or if the family could pay the local Lord of the Manor, maybe a cow or a pig ,they were found not guilty and freed.Witch hunts were a regular occurence if you didnt like, or were frightened of an old lady.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,357 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Simbi Laveau, on 24 November 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Well how many,years we going back here ?
Witches and covens ,come and go over the years . Only a place like Salem ,Mass . has an ongoing witch population come and go,and that's because of the history there.

Witches ,per se,don't usually kidnap people . What is the reason for it . Did yours great grand father say ?
It would come down to ,was he abused ,or did she want a kid for some reason,and stole one .
Disturbed people do that kind of stuff .Wether it was a person who practiced witchcraft would be secondary ,unless he was used for a magickal purpose .

Do you know any details. ? Lady Rhea may know something ,but I'm doubting it .
  Hiya Simbi, witches were said to kidnap kids (ref the folk tale of Hansel & Gretel). Fairy tales usually have a basis of truth lost in the mists of time.Some people here are still looking for King Arthur's burial mound said to be at Glastonbury a small town,in Somerset England, its also a favourite place for sighting U.F.O.'s,It has ruins of a castle on top of a hill,and old burial mounds nearby (sorry to divert from the post)

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

spud the mackem, on 24 November 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Hiya Simbi, witches were said to kidnap kids (ref the folk tale of Hansel & Gretel). Fairy tales usually have a basis of truth lost in the mists of time.Some people here are still looking for King Arthur's burial mound said to be at Glastonbury a small town,in Somerset England, its also a favourite place for sighting U.F.O.'s,It has ruins of a castle on top of a hill,and old burial mounds nearby (sorry to divert from the post)
Yeah,fairy tales . I know lots of witches .None of them kidnap kids ,or anyone ,to my knowledge .

And even women who were like midwives and shaman ,who could heal with herbs,were called witches .
So...the fact it was just the boy who claimed this,sounds like he did a bad thing ,or ran away and the best cover story to keep from getting into trouble,or getting sympathy ,or both ,is someone bad took him ,and kept him from going home..
I'm dubious ,no offence to the OP. It sounds like a good family story is all .

Miss me?

#11    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Just a couple of unrelated facts.

The Linberg baby was kidnapped in New Jersey. Could a witch have did it? Not all witches are the same in all places or eras. I really don't think witches today were at all like witches back then at least when it comes to Neopagans who practically invented most of their practices fairly recently. Folk magic on the other hand remains virtually the same so just depends.

I personally doubt a witch did it but at least we have proof that mysterious kidnappings do take place there. In fact at least one person at that time blamed it on gypsies who had an historical reputation for kidnapping and many at that time considered gypsies as witches. So this could also play a part in your family legend.

Let us not forget the American sacrificed in Matamoros in by narco-witches who practiced Palo. Surely they are not representative of all witches but they do exist.

In 1688 the First General Assembly met in Elizabethtown. They decided that the penalty for both kidnapping and witchcraft was death. So it is perfectly reasonable that persons in the late 1800s or early 1900s still believed that witches were very bad people.

Now if witches did exist in the late 1800s or early 1900s I doubt they are the same kind that Christine O'Donnell was talking about. I did find her remarks of her not being a witch but a normal person like "me or you" as very insensitive and callous towards those outside of her Christian faith even if she was really just talking about Wiccans and not all witches. Mrs. O'Donnell of course was not running for office in New Jersey but that is where she went to high school and dabbled in Wicca or whatever.

The girl who recently faked her own kidnapping by tweeting, "There is someone in my hour ecall 911," was from Jersey. So there is also a history of people lying about their kidnappings in that state too.

Edited by I believe you, 25 November 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#12    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

witches or gypsies kidnapping kids was usually said to keep them in line and do as they are told. There are non witches and gypsies who kidnap kids from maternity wards. They are the sick ones.

#13    sapphire-witch

sapphire-witch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• the earth the air the fire the water return return return return

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

if you want my opinion pm me......i'm very....how you say......knowledgable about these kind of things.......

wait for the song...the song that tells you my story

#14    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

sapphire-witch, on 11 February 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

if you want my opinion pm me......i'm very....how you say......knowledgable about these kind of things.......
why can't you post it here?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#15    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,270 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well, what happened to him during those three days?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

Also tagged with witches, witchcraft, new jersey, sightings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users