Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Prince Charles: 'I'm running out of time'

prince charles legacy king

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,360 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

In a series of remarkably candid comments, Prince Charles hinted that he feared his legacy as king would be cut short.

During a visit to Dumfries House, the stately home in East Ayrshire which the Prince helped save for the nation, he joked about his reputation for pursuing projects with notorious vigour but made a poignant reference to his mortality.

He said: “Impatient? Me? What a thing to suggest! Yes of course I am.” He added: “I’ll run out of time soon. I shall have snuffed it if I’m not careful.”

http://www.telegraph...ut-of-time.html

Posted Image

#2    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 25 November 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

In a series of remarkably candid comments, Prince Charles hinted that he feared his legacy as king would be cut short.

During a visit to Dumfries House, the stately home in East Ayrshire which the Prince helped save for the nation, he joked about his reputation for pursuing projects with notorious vigour but made a poignant reference to his mortality.

He said: “Impatient? Me? What a thing to suggest! Yes of course I am.” He added: “I’ll run out of time soon. I shall have snuffed it if I’m not careful.”

http://www.telegraph...ut-of-time.html

Well, obviously the Queen does not want him to be king.  She is too power hungry and cannot give up the throne.  From what I read, she was waiting for William to get older and name him king....well, he is older and she hasn't done any such thing.  She will die before she gives it up, and she could live for years yet.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#3    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 25 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Well, obviously the Queen does not want him to be king.  She is too power hungry and cannot give up the throne.  From what I read, she was waiting for William to get older and name him king....well, he is older and she hasn't done any such thing.  

I have not read so much twaddle for a long time.

How do you know that the Queen doesn't want her son to be King?

And in regards to the ludicrous assertion that the Queen is "power hungry" and "cannot give up the throne" I think it's worth pointing out that the job of British (and Canadian) monarch is for LIFE and the Queen will remain monarch until she dies.  Charles will become King when she dies.

And the Queen is very popular and the British public would not want her to give up the Throne anyway.

she will die before she gives it up

It's hardly unusual for a monarch, is it?  I think you'll find that that's usually how it works.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 25 November 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#4    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 25 November 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

I have not read so much twaddle for a long time.

How do you know that the Queen doesn't want her son to be King?

And in regards to the ludicrous assertion that the Queen is "power hungry" and "cannot give up the throne" I think it's worth pointing out that the job of British (and Canadian) monarch is for LIFE and the Queen will remain monarch until she dies.  Charles will become King when she dies.

And the Queen is very popular and the British public would not want her to give up the Throne anyway.

It's hardly unusual for a monarch, is it?  I think you'll find that that's usually how it works.

Queen mom gave it up for Elizabeth.  And if you look  back, she was supposed to abdicate a long time ago for Charles to be King, but, with the whole Diana fiasco, that didn't happen.  I don't just make things up, I READ and that is where I form my opinions.  And, no, tabloids aren't classified as reading material IMO.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#5    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,329 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 25 November 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Queen mom gave it up for Elizabeth.  And if you look  back, she was supposed to abdicate a long time ago for Charles to be King, but, with the whole Diana fiasco, that didn't happen.  I don't just make things up, I READ and that is where I form my opinions.  And, no, tabloids aren't classified as reading material IMO.

when the King died George VI the throne automatically went to the then young princess Elizabeth as his eldest child - the Queen mother gave nothing up she had nothing to give up, We then had the coronation of the current Queen Elizabeth II. and as monarch she'll serve till the last breath at which time the throne will be handed over to her eldest child Prince Charles. we cannot break up centuries of tradition just for tabloid tittle tattle.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#6    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

That's fine, seems most people don't want Charles as king anyway. As it's been mentioned the position is for life and Queen Elizabeth remains popular. As long as she can carry out her duties and remains of sound mind I see no reason why she should step down.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#7    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Poor Charles! :o Maybe this'll help a little... -plays the world's smallest violin-

Posted Image

~MEH~

Also tagged with prince charles, legacy, king

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users