Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange EVP

paranormal

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,154 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Since there's no point in discussing a non-existent EVP, I thought I'd toss in some information about Old Stone Fort. It is not, in fact, a Civil War site, but rather a very ancient site linked to Native Americans.

Wikipedia entry

Government of TN site

Stateparks.com

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#17    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Iv'e only ever caught an EVP once, and it was around 2am from memorry, just seemingly by random whilst filming the Bearded Dragons i had at the time. And it said as clear as day 'Goodnight Guy', or Night Guy' in a young girls voice. Btw, Guy is my first name.

I was living with my father at the time, around 2003 or 2004 so no woman were present. And when just me and my dog were home at night and my father was out, maybe once or twice a fortnight she would sit and bark under her breath at my bedroom door with the hair on her back up for up to 45mins at a time. That freaked me more than anything. Mostly cause she was the most quite Staffy iv'e know, always has been and still is, and it was only in the same direction each time.

But i got off track there, i was only going to say how frustrating it is when you have something like that and your phone breaks, which is what happened in my case. I was using an NEC e606, so i should still be able to get it fixed hopefully, as there are many videos of a couple mates who have since passed that i would like to keep hold of.

So anyway, i hope you find some more and you can post them. Best of luck.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#18    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a more pointless thread on UM. & I've seen some pretty pointless threads.

Hey I got some awesome EVPs but I don't actually have them in my possession & can't share them with you because my dog ate them.

Wow!

Posted Image

#19    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

The phenomena of hearing meaningful sounds, such as voices, in otherwise random stimuli is called auditory pareidolia; when it has been recorded, it is also known as electronic voice phenomena (EVP). EVP also refers to hearing voices amongst other types of random electronic stimuli, such as static, radio interference, and telephone hum. Not even to mention all the hoaxes.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#20    TheEVPman

TheEVPman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

• Just because we can't see it, dosen't mean it's not there.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

One of the discoveries with EVP is that it can be captured anywhere. Again the sources remain unknown for sure. We have to consider language barriers, accents, dialects and any hearing defects as well. The equipment we use to for recording and listening. Headphones are best.

Most EVP that are captured are in the C class range. Meaning they aren't very clear.

However, some are very clear. Over my years of working with EVP most are not.

Edited by TheEVPman, 14 December 2012 - 06:07 PM.

Also tagged with paranormal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users