Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

for the first time in a while....

HannibalK1ng

I was able to control my dream last night to a certain degree.....

i couldnt change the setting but all my actions where my own.....

I felt as if i was dreaming all night and it was fun, scary and exciting....

only negitive was woke up very tired this morning.

How can i do this more often and control the dreams even more?

thanks,

I was able to control my dream last night to a certain degree.....

i couldnt change the setting but all my actions where my own.....

I felt as if i was dreaming all night and it was fun, scary and exciting....

only negitive was woke up very tired this morning.

How can i do this more often and control the dreams even more?

thanks,

Meditate and journal your experiences.... Go to sleep, wake up, then go back to sleep again. All three of those things will help you.

There was a time I would dream I was leaving my body and flying. I wish I could do that again. I was a kid when I did this and at the time it would scare me because I was afraid I would fly so high that I would leave the earth. Now I think I could have fun with it and not be scared.

What point is there in controlling a dream, what is the purpose of dreaming ? My understanding of dreams is that its a way for the mind to digest, store and make sense of certain events so trying to control them is kinda like trying to alter reality...why not just let them happen as isn't that the natural process ?

yes its good to let it happen by itself..but you wouldnt say that if you have expirienced it once.. Its the best feeling you can get ,to be the God of the world you've created and to be able to do whatever we wish to..like having sex with any individual we like and feel it as if they were real... It can even change our real life,by talking to the subconcious.etc Its like heavenly.. Because by the moment we get concious in a dream ,the vivìdness will boost and we will feel like its real world.. its called lucid dreaming.. Search it to read more

• Like 1

What point is there in controlling a dream...

He explained that in the 3rd sentence.

What point is there in controlling a dream, what is the purpose of dreaming ? My understanding of dreams is that its a way for the mind to digest, store and make sense of certain events so trying to control them is kinda like trying to alter reality...why not just let them happen as isn't that the natural process ?

For me the dream world is a creative landscape of adventure and knowledge/learning From early childhood i learned to lucid dream then moved on to controled lucid dreaming then began to shape and create my dream landscapes on demand. I could create any scenario i chose, populate it with whomever i liked, and live any adventure i wanted to.

Every night for decades i entered my dreamscapes (which i called the realms) through a portal Then i went to one of many sub worlds or universes using a series of gates or portals again. These included a large haunted house, a semi submerged alien spaceship, underground worlds filled with talking animals elves goblins orcs etc etc but also many far away worlds with sentient beings I fought jousts on horseback and battles on dragon back. i Learned to do an immelman roll in a sopwith camel and a flying carpet and flew on light ships and needle ships across the galaxy.

I was ivanhoe robinhood biggles and captain kirk any time i chose to be or i could be myself or anyone from anytime in history..

I continue to experiment with dreams as a 61 year old. I have dreams within dreams, use them to travel into the past and visit other places societies and people. I take tours of interesting places and sites past and present

Learning to adapt dream symbologies and use dreams to resolve real life problems and issues is a useful skill but entertainment is the main function of my dreams. I can visit people from the past and other worlds etc I can fly around the world, or around the universe using a series of gates and portals designed to speed travel faster than light.

So sorry, for me dreams are an extension of my consciousness. As a child i learned to combine conscious and subconscious parts of my mind so that i could create dreamscapes but also so I could interpret my dreams and find the issues which dwelled in my subconscious so i could deal with them consciously, and eliminate real anxieties and worries in life.

Just as we create our reality in the waking world by our conscious choices, we can create it in our dreams. But in our dreamscapes there are NO physical, moral or ethical limitations on what we do, other than those we set for ourselves.

Anything we can imagine, we can dream, and once you are aware that all characters in your dreamscapes are avatars of yourself, then you only have to worry about being true to yourself. You are never hurting offending or damaging anyone but yourself, in anything you do in a dreamscape.

Unless of course, you happen to actually be OBEing, when you thought you were dreaming, but thats another story.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

There was a time I would dream I was leaving my body and flying. I wish I could do that again. I was a kid when I did this and at the time it would scare me because I was afraid I would fly so high that I would leave the earth. Now I think I could have fun with it and not be scared.

I've heard it said that 'flying' dreams can be caused by temperature changes during the night. They're fun though, aren't they?