Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Nile Croc in Florida have Officials worried

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    MysteryMike

MysteryMike

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

• Just a average 21 year old guy with a creative mind.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Wildlife biologist Joe Wasilewski has hauled many scaly creatures out of South Florida lakes, canals and marshes over the years.

But the snappish four-footer he snared at the Redland Fruit & Spice Park was an unsettling surprise. It was a young crocodile, but not the typically timid native species. This was a Nile croc, infamous for its appetite for humans and savage attacks on wildebeest and other large animals along African rivers and watering holes.

The capture late last year appears to have been the first sighting -- at least officially -- of a Nile croc in the wilds of Florida. It wasn't the last. In April, a botanist photographed a second Nile of similar size on a Krome Avenue canal bank, also in the Redland community south of Miami. After eluding capture for months, that croc is now in hiding, whereabouts unknown. A report of third, caught in the same area three years ago, has surfaced since.

http://www.bradenton...ve-florida.html

Edited by Still Waters, 26 November 2012 - 02:50 PM.
Shortened length of copied text

My Youtube Account - http://www.youtube.c...r/Dinospikester

My Deviantart Account - http://mikespikester11.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction.net Account - http://www.fanfictio...2/CrossoverMike

#2    me-wonders

me-wonders

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I didn't know some crocodiles are less aggressive than others.  If we want to keep them perhaps we could replace the aggressive ones with the less aggressive one's around the world?

#3    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

This is just great a Nile Croc in florida. Don't they enough to worry about with the snakes.

#4    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,363 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'm just thankful we don't have crocodiles where I live!

Posted Image

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,867 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Let's not make any laws that tell people what they can and cannot have as pets. Wouldn't want to infringe on someone's right to bring an invasive species into the country. :tu:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,182 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Killer Bees which wasn't even started here, pythons and now this.  A lot of these animals are brought in illegally.  If there have been this many sightings of these croc's I bet there's a breeding population.

#7    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Nile Crocodiles? That's terrifying!

If florida becomes a haven for Nile Crocodiles, you can kiss everyone's butts goodbye. It is a state of emergency and call for war in our own backyards.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#8    me-wonders

me-wonders

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 27 November 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

Nile Crocodiles? That's terrifying!

If florida becomes a haven for Nile Crocodiles, you can kiss everyone's butts goodbye. It is a state of emergency and call for war in our own backyards.

Now that sounds like a good idea.  Call out the National Guard and may be the marines and make a real effort to get rid of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users