Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

East Jerusalem Palestinians Face Evictions


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    SCFan

SCFan

    ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

  • Member
  • 2,621 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:21 PM





Edited by Ambush Bug, 26 November 2012 - 08:22 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#2    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,784 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Both instances were adjudicated so I'm not sure what the issue is?  If a court looked at evidence and found for the rightful owners then they have a right to the property.  In the case of the second one, the home had been vacant 8 years?  ?
I can sympathize with the settler who was talking about the great disparity in land available to them versus what the surrounding Arab nations have available.  I saw a comparison a few days ago where someone said the Arab nations have land the size of a football field while Israel has land like a sheet of notebook paper in the center of the field and the Palestinian Arabs are saying give us part of this piece of paper sized land and everything will be okay between us.  You don't REALLY believe that do you Ambush Bug?  Honestly?  Do you believe the Palestinians would live in peace next to Israel if Israel removed back to pre 1967 borders and shared the water equally?  And IF that happened and the Palestinians began fighting to "liberate" Palestine as Arafat vowed in 1964, what would you say then?  Respectfully, I am curious what you would think then.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    SCFan

SCFan

    ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

  • Member
  • 2,621 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

View Postand then, on 26 November 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

Both instances were adjudicated so I'm not sure what the issue is?  If a court looked at evidence and found for the rightful owners then they have a right to the property.  In the case of the second one, the home had been vacant 8 years?  ?
I can sympathize with the settler who was talking about the great disparity in land available to them versus what the surrounding Arab nations have available.  I saw a comparison a few days ago where someone said the Arab nations have land the size of a football field while Israel has land like a sheet of notebook paper in the center of the field and the Palestinian Arabs are saying give us part of this piece of paper sized land and everything will be okay between us.  You don't REALLY believe that do you Ambush Bug?  Honestly?  Do you believe the Palestinians would live in peace next to Israel if Israel removed back to pre 1967 borders and shared the water equally?  And IF that happened and the Palestinians began fighting to "liberate" Palestine as Arafat vowed in 1964, what would you say then?  Respectfully, I am curious what you would think then.

It would be the proper move towards peace, in honestly, it is in most people's opinion that the occupation, the settlements and the apartheid  wall are the biggest deterrents towards peace. If Israel wants to open the doors to the discussion of peace, they have to offer complete autonomy to the Palestinians, cease their 45 year occupation, dismantle their settlements, and tear down their Iron Wall.

And those evictions occured in the occupied territories, all of the West Bank and East Jerusalem is occupied territories. So actually, Israel committed a war crime in evicting those Palestinian tenants in accordance to international law.

Edited by Ambush Bug, 27 November 2012 - 06:14 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#4    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,784 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 27 November 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

It would be the proper move towards peace, in honestly, it is in most people's opinion that the occupation, the settlements and the apartheid  wall are the biggest deterrents towards peace. If Israel wants to open the doors to the discussion of peace, they have to offer complete autonomy to the Palestinians, cease their 45 year occupation, dismantle their settlements, and tear down their Iron Wall.

And those evictions occured in the occupied territories, all of the West Bank and East Jerusalem is occupied territories. So actually, Israel committed a war crime in evicting those Palestinian tenants in accordance to international law.
So you state endlessly.  I understand.  But what of the last part of my scenario?  The what if?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    SCFan

SCFan

    ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

  • Member
  • 2,621 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Postand then, on 27 November 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

So you state endlessly.  I understand.  But what of the last part of my scenario?  The what if?

And what relevence does this what if scenario have? Israel still needs to offer  complete autonomy to Palestinians and pull up their stakes and go home. There will be no peace without that.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#6    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,784 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 27 November 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

And what relevence does this what if scenario have? Israel still needs to offer  complete autonomy to Palestinians and pull up their stakes and go home. There will be no peace without that.
It has the relevance of being the truth about the intentions of the Palestinians, ultimately.  I guess I have been trying to give you the credit for being somewhat fair minded and unbiased here but I guess it's just not true.  If Israel gave the Palestinians everything they are asking for then Israel would cease to exist.  Do you believe that is a possibility in the future?

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    SCFan

SCFan

    ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

  • Member
  • 2,621 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

View Postand then, on 27 November 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

It has the relevance of being the truth about the intentions of the Palestinians, ultimately.  I guess I have been trying to give you the credit for being somewhat fair minded and unbiased here but I guess it's just not true.  If Israel gave the Palestinians everything they are asking for then Israel would cease to exist.  Do you believe that is a possibility in the future?

No the simply fact is Palestinians deserve a state just as much as Israel does if not more as they were the indigeneous peoples.

Palestinians rank as numero uno for the highest percentage of refugees in the world, dont you feel this is a cruel and unjust fate?

Israel wont let the refugees return to their homelands under military threat of violent reprisal.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#8    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,784 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 28 November 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

No the simply fact is Palestinians deserve a state just as much as Israel does if not more as they were the indigeneous peoples.

Palestinians rank as numero uno for the highest percentage of refugees in the world, dont you feel this is a cruel and unjust fate?

Israel wont let the refugees return to their homelands under military threat of violent reprisal.
Do you believe Israel, or any other country, would commit national suicide simply because of a propaganda tour de force by their detractors?  This is what many seem to think will happen.  The Palestinians are the largest group and have been so for the longest period due to the politics of the situation.  IOW, it is their own choice to be refugees.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    SCFan

SCFan

    ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

  • Member
  • 2,621 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

View Postand then, on 28 November 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Do you believe Israel, or any other country, would commit national suicide simply because of a propaganda tour de force by their detractors?  This is what many seem to think will happen.  The Palestinians are the largest group and have been so for the longest period due to the politics of the situation.  IOW, it is their own choice to be refugees.

National suicide?!!!!! Are you forgetting that the Palestinians have no jets, no bombers, no tanks, no armour vehicles, no artillary, and no standing army?!!!!!

Time to get a reality check.

Edited by Ambush Bug, 29 November 2012 - 01:08 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#10    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,784 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 29 November 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

National suicide?!!!!! Are you forgetting that the Palestinians have no jets, no bombers, no tanks, no armour vehicles, no artillary, and no standing army?!!!!!

Time to get a reality check.
Israel would cease to exist if they allowed right of return.  You know this, Bug.  The Palestinians cannot overcome Israel in combat so they are using the very willing worldwide media to blame Israel for everything but the common cold.  The pressure on Israel will mount until they have no choice but to surrender their country and become dhimmi vassals to their Arab neighbors OR they will have to fight.  Which do you think they will do?  And do you think this will lead to a better situation for anyone on the ground there?  IMO that is the reality.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#11    SCFan

SCFan

    ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

  • Member
  • 2,621 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postand then, on 29 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

Israel would cease to exist if they allowed right of return.  You know this, Bug.  The Palestinians cannot overcome Israel in combat so they are using the very willing worldwide media to blame Israel for everything but the common cold.  The pressure on Israel will mount until they have no choice but to surrender their country and become dhimmi vassals to their Arab neighbors OR they will have to fight.  Which do you think they will do?  And do you think this will lead to a better situation for anyone on the ground there?  IMO that is the reality.

The reality is the greater majority of the millions of Palestinians in the world reside in refugees camps on both foreign and home soil and suffered under military occupation for 45 years now.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#12    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,784 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 29 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

The reality is the greater majority of the millions of Palestinians in the world reside in refugees camps on both foreign and home soil and suffered under military occupation for 45 years now.
And will continue to do so until a major, regional war settles the issue.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#13    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,406 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

Can I asked a question, it was said most of the Palestinians abandoned their homes in the war and never came back, so after many years of  many abandoned homes, the homes were resold on the market and then some Palestinians came back to squat, even though some were`nt their orginal homes, is that right.? I do really feel sorry for the  Palestinians that left because of the war and would like to see them live in peace again in their  own homes even though it maybe under another govenment, other then another damm war to the children.  There are still many Palestinians that still live in their own homes that never left.


#14    SCFan

SCFan

    ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

  • Member
  • 2,621 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 30 November 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

Can I asked a question, it was said most of the Palestinians abandoned their homes in the war and never came back, so after many years of  many abandoned homes, the homes were resold on the market and then some Palestinians came back to squat, even though some were`nt their orginal homes, is that right.? I do really feel sorry for the  Palestinians that left because of the war and would like to see them live in peace again in their  own homes even though it maybe under another govenment, other then another damm war to the children.  There are still many Palestinians that still live in their own homes that never left.

No they tried to return but Israel didnt allow them the right of return under the threat of deadly force and then Israel immediately razed over 500 Palestinian villages and towns to the ground and renamed the geography, roads, villages, landmarks, etc with Hebrew names. It is called ethnic cleansing and memoricide. Israel sought to erase all memory of pre-Israel Palestine from the maps.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#15    SCFan

SCFan

    ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

  • Member
  • 2,621 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

View Postand then, on 29 November 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

And will continue to do so until a major, regional war settles the issue.

Um, Palestine doesnt have an air force, doesnt have an army, and doesnt have a navy. What are you ranting about?!

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users