Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange colorful lights in house/paranormal?

paranormal bright lights

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    AllyReed

AllyReed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

This incident actually occurred this morning, and i'm still really shaken. This is my first time posting in a forum like this. I've always had experiences throughout life, but nothing like this. I stay at my girlfriends house practically like live here. I was awaken in my girlfriends bed this morning by two very disturbingly loud bangs, one after the other. I've always heard noises in this house and felt a presence, so a little creeped out I turned to my girlfriend and asked her if she heard it. She mumbled a little something, still groggy. Still freaked out I decided to brush the sound off. I closed my eyes and about 10 seconds later I could see a bright light shine through my eyelid. I opened my eyes and an extremely bright light was shining through our door that was about 6 inches open. The light went from bright orange to an even brighter red, then to bright blue, and then blinding white! This lasted about 3 seconds! As soon as it hit blinding white I closed my eyes, screamed for my girlfriend (ha ha) and grabbed her. I could not look any longer. We squeezed each other in silence under the covers for maybe 3 minutes listening for any noise. I was even more  afraid if someone broke in! I broke out into cold sweat. The room turned very cold and we felt someone watching us. All of a sudden I felt calm, as if it was gone. I told her we should take a quick peek and then close and lock our bedroom door. We didn't see anything, and why would we. It was pitch black in the hallway. We closed the door and I asked her if she saw or heard anything when it happened. She said she was laying down facing me while I was facing her and the bedroom door. She said I woke her up about the banging, she turned to me, barely still waking up getting her eyes open. She then heard footsteps and saw a bright light shining into the room and on my face. After she told me, I was a little relieved to know it wasn't just me. I looked at the clock as we got back into bed and it was 5:17am. This has never happened to me before. Like I've said, I've always beed sensitive and open-minded to the paranormal, but is there any explanation for this? Has this happened to anyone?

#2    MistyW

MistyW

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

The orb/ball that you saw could be the form of a spirit with negative energy. They're more often caught on film or photo than seen by people in the moment, so this experience may be quite rare. This article I found has more information that is helpful for ghost orbs. http://ghoststudy.co...t_are_orbs.html

#3    AllyReed

AllyReed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Thank you for the interesting article. More so interesting is that it talks about ghosts following certain people. In the past I have heard noises, had glass taken out of the kitchen cupboard and put on the counter, have had demonic nightmares, heard flies buzzing in my ear and never actually saw flies (my friend also heard these) and I've seen shadows and strange occurrences. I've never seen the light though. I'm afraid it's following me, but I can't be sure. I don't.know if I think about it too much? I'd love to feel skeptical about now -___-

#4    AllyReed

AllyReed

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

I can go forever talking about orbs, but this whole huge light was just insane. It must be something powerful...

#5    arianaaml

arianaaml

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

Almost the exact thing happened to me: the loud noise, quickly followed by the bright display of what looked to be fire dissapearing within seconds. It started from the ground, and then was about 5 feet tall. I didn't feel scared. I just felt like I needed to make reason of it, and then that no one would believe me, since there was no reasonable explanation. I've always been really connected to the spiritual world with dead showing up in my dreams, and seeing appiritions, but nothing like this. I didn't do anything to egg whatever this is on, like the ouija board. Also, I'm not on any drugs. This has kept me up every night this week. I just want an explanation.

#6    Misanthropic

Misanthropic

Mildly Harmless Annoyance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Ball lightning?

i gotta' admit i really know nothing about it.
i had read about it some years ago and obviously failed to retain any significant details, but it may be something to Google when you have nothin' to do.

--- Insert quote from famous dead person here. ---

#7    Iamme8510

Iamme8510

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Doesn't sound like ball lightning. Ball lightning is pretty rare and is only white, like lightning, It typically occurs during a storm. What causes it is unknown though it is speculated that it's caused when lightning strikes an object, it blasts a cloud of highly energized nanoparticles in to the air. Those nanoparticles emit a ball of light as they wear down.

The noises should be thrown out. Sounds are every where and there is no reason to attribute loud bangs and "foot steps" to anything paranormal when completely rational explanations can be applied. I don't know the lay out of your house so it's hard to say. To me it sounds as if police cars or an ambulance or possible a caravan of both parties could have driven down the street with lights on but sirens off. The lights could have shown through a window and bounced off of numerous reflective surfaces through out the house making it appear like it's in the hallway. The noises proceeding the light might have spooked you, placing you on edge leading to unnecessary explanations to rational occurrences. This also explains the sensation of being watched.

#8    Misanthropic

Misanthropic

Mildly Harmless Annoyance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:23 AM

View PostIamme8510, on 29 April 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

Doesn't sound like ball lightning. Ball lightning is pretty rare and is only white, like lightning, It typically occurs during a storm. What causes it is unknown though it is speculated that it's caused when lightning strikes an object, it blasts a cloud of highly energized nanoparticles in to the air. Those nanoparticles emit a ball of light as they wear down.
Yep, that's what i meant to say... but... i... uh... i didn't have enough time to type it all out.
See, i was busy with this thing at the time... :)

Thanks for posting the details lamme!

--- Insert quote from famous dead person here. ---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users