Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Black floating amoeba orb

black orb orb

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Fargone

Fargone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

I am very much a newbie to message boards. Bear with me. My mind was completely blown this morning and I am trying to find a logical explanation for what I saw (and my cat) but I can't!

Around 4:30am I woke up to one of my cats shuffling around and making noise. I checked the time on my phone and rolled over to see what my cat was getting into. As I re-situated myself laying on my back I noticed something a little to the left of my vision. I blinked to make sure I was actually seeing what I was seeing. Floating above the side where my husband sleeps and making its way towards my side was this blacker than black orb thing, about the size of my hand. It changed shapes as it was moving ever so slowly. I blinked again, really hard, to validate this was happening. The object was towards the end of the bed, where my other cat sleeps. She perked up because she saw it too! The orb hovered over my legs, almost like it was looking at me or acknowledging my presence. My feelings were more of shock/awe and I kept thinking, what the...? My cat then tried attacking this black orb thing. She swatted and acted as if she had it pinned down to the bed. I am trying to rationalize everything and was like, cool, it is a bug. BUT I live in North Dakota, its November, 25 degrees out and the size would be more like a bird not an insect. Ugh. I got up and looked to where she was digging in the blanket and there was nothing there. My cat's ears were pinned back and she honestly looked as confused as I felt. The rest of the morning she was by my side (not typical behavior for her) and the other cat was whinier than usual.

I think I am sensitive to some things, but more of a feeler than an actual seer. I am wondering if this is a member from my family that has passed or just an accumulation of energy from my husband and I? (trying times of late) Today would have been my grandma's birthday, although she died 16 yrs ago. My favorite uncle passed away almost a year ago...... Could it be a message from my mom? I HAVE NO IDEA. I have ruled out my vision because my cat was a witness too. I told my husband about it this morning. I think he believes me, haha. His response was, 'Is that why I am so sore?' Could that be?

Will I be seeing more of these black orbs? Has anyone else had similar experience? I would love to compare stories. I feel like a dork about it because I honestly didn't think I would have an experience like this.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

I've never seen an orb but I have seen a ghost.  I have seen other unusual things that I have a hard time believing they were real.  Something was standing by my bed one time that scared me to death.  Looked like the devil and I covered my head up hoping it would go away and I was just seeing things but when I looked again it had moved to the foot of my bed.  I screamed at it in the name of god it wasn't welcome in my home and it turned around and ran out of the room.  It wasn't sleep paralysis because I had no problem moving or talking and it was daytime with the sun shining in plus I had been awake several minutes just not wanting to get up.

#3    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hello and welcome, can I ask how could you see a black orb in the dark?

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Most bedrooms aren't as dark as we'd like to think they are. While I have a denim curtain in my bedroom, light from the streetlight right outside manages to get in anyway. Plus there's the glow of the digital numbers on my alarm clock. If a computer is kept in the bedroom, there are lights usually that glow constantly.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    Fargone

Fargone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

I have sheer curtains (I need to wake up with sun). Clear moonlit sky/street lights/snow makes for a lit room. My guess it is more of an energy thing than an actual spirit as I wasn't thaaaat scared. So many life things happening! I am curious if this will happen to me when I am on the road for work.

Thanks for the welcome! ;)

#6    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Fargone, on 30 November 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

I have sheer curtains (I need to wake up with sun). Clear moonlit sky/street lights/snow makes for a lit room. My guess it is more of an energy thing than an actual spirit as I wasn't thaaaat scared. So many life things happening! I am curious if this will happen to me when I am on the road for work.

Thanks for the welcome! ;)
The bit where you say "blacker than black orb thing, about the size of my hand" fits with the Tengu of Japan or the UK equivalent. It wasn't a floating orb imo, but a 'little man' crytpid with jet-black fur which can move quicker than the eye can see.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#7    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,192 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

SunnyBlues, on 04 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

The bit where you say "blacker than black orb thing, about the size of my hand" fits with the Tengu of Japan or the UK equivalent. It wasn't a floating orb imo, but a 'little man' crytpid with jet-black fur which can move quicker than the eye can see.
A little man? You're losing it.

#8    MistyW

MistyW

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

A spirit orb, maybe. Often they are captured on film or photographs but eyewitness sightings have been reported as well.

#9    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

i'm trying to imagine something that is blacker than black. i mean that's got to be pretty black!

#10    Firstimertothis

Firstimertothis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

I've been doing searches today for "smoky orb" "floating ball" etc and finally stumbled upon this post. Let me explain as I saw EXACTLY what you described last night or rather early this morning.
I woke up at about  3:30am , which has been happening on and off for a while but not that much recently. I thought it was having to go pee etc.. Anyway I looked up at the ceiling to my right and hovering right below the ceiling was this smokey ball that seemed to be morphing or swirling it's difficult to describe that part but it seemed like it had a texture?  It was the size of of perhaps 50% larger than a tennis ball.  I too blinked to make sure it wasn't something stuck in my eye but it was still there. It disappeared not in an instant but seemed to shrink and disappear I'd say in a second?  I was literally stunned as I couldn't believe what I'd just seen!  It was as if it was intelligent as i did sense perhaps it disappeared when I recognized its presence?  
I did have a strange experience when I was 14 (I'm 40 now) hearing a cacophony of voices but that was different though also involved waking in the night, at least that time. My mom at the time wrote it off as me experimenting with drugs or something. That's another post entirely but equally as terrifying.
Reading your post describes what I saw. I've lived in a new townhouse for 11 months almost to the day and haven't seen this before, though now wonder just why I've been waking at almost the exact same time on a regular basis, though its been over a month since it happened last. Did it happen again to you?

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Firstimertothis, on 12 May 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

I've been doing searches today for "smoky orb" "floating ball" etc and finally stumbled upon this post. Let me explain as I saw EXACTLY what you described last night or rather early this morning.
I woke up at about  3:30am , which has been happening on and off for a while but not that much recently. I thought it was having to go pee etc.. Anyway I looked up at the ceiling to my right and hovering right below the ceiling was this smokey ball that seemed to be morphing or swirling it's difficult to describe that part but it seemed like it had a texture?  It was the size of of perhaps 50% larger than a tennis ball.  I too blinked to make sure it wasn't something stuck in my eye but it was still there. It disappeared not in an instant but seemed to shrink and disappear I'd say in a second?  I was literally stunned as I couldn't believe what I'd just seen!  It was as if it was intelligent as i did sense perhaps it disappeared when I recognized its presence?  
I did have a strange experience when I was 14 (I'm 40 now) hearing a cacophony of voices but that was different though also involved waking in the night, at least that time. My mom at the time wrote it off as me experimenting with drugs or something. That's another post entirely but equally as terrifying.
Reading your post describes what I saw. I've lived in a new townhouse for 11 months almost to the day and haven't seen this before, though now wonder just why I've been waking at almost the exact same time on a regular basis, though its been over a month since it happened last. Did it happen again to you?
Hi there, she posted in november, you are probably not going to get a response, but what you are both wittnessing is a fairly common occurrence associated with sleep paralysis and hyonogogic imagery. I have seen that smoky mass and chased it down my hallway.

http://en.m.wikipedi...wiki/Hypnagogia

http://www.google.co...afari#itp=open0

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users