Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US servicewomen challenge combat role ban

Render

When it comes to sex Americans and Canadians have very similar moral viewpoints. Women has been serving in combat roles in the Canadian military for decades. So again I don't see it being any problem at all.

And Canadian women have fought in how many wars in the last few decades?

One advantage of having women in the service:

Service_Options_For_Women_28_225662704.jpg

Oh, looks like you are right...

As of March 2012...

At least with this one newpaper. Quite probably there are other papers that still do publish nude/topless advertisements.

Germany's Biggest Selling Newspaper Will No Longer Feature Topless Women On Its Front Page

http://www.businessi...ont-page-2012-3

Germany's biggest-selling newspaper scraps photos of topless women

http://www.foxnews.c...-topless-women/

Sorry lads, she's moved to page 3! German newspaper bans topless models from front page after International Woman's Day

http://www.dailymail...Womans-Day.html

Please, Bild isn't a newspaper it's a gossipy tabloid.

It's like me going to America and buying a Playboy and then saying "my, America has very sexually graphic newspapers".

If anything, Europeans treat nudity in a more natural manner. Americans treat it in a more exploitative manner.

Edited by Render

I thought I read that rapes in US units sent to Afghanistan and Iraq had been on the increase.

So here we have a military with a sex crime problem, and what is to be done?? Why send more women out with those poor overstressed, overworked, undersexed teenage men.

What a terrible way to look at the world.

So what? Do you want those overstressed pathetic losers to dictate how local and american women should dress too? You know, so they don't tempt men too much to commit the horrible crime of raping a woman.

Because apparantly the American army is full of uncontrollable rapers and we have to shape the world around deviants like that.

How dare you put the blame in womens shoes.

Edited by Render

And how many units with front line women are stationed in war zones?

From what I'ver read the numbers are in the hundreds, where the US sends troops into dangerous situations in the hundreds of thousands. So it would seem logical that the US would have many, many more cases where sex became an issue, due to stress and combat conditions.

http://en.wikipedia....eeping_Missions

Not knocking on the Canadian military, just saying that the Canadian Gov does not send its units out into stress as willingly or in the numbers that the US does.

I find it highly unlikely that the US military is going to turn around and deploy hundreds of thousands of female soldiers on heavy combat missions. I'd be very surprised if there were hundreds of thousands of female soldiers with the proper training to be deployed. If women are allowed to serve in combat units it's going to be a long time before they're in that role in any kind of numbers. There's going to be a long process to phase it in to ensure that everyone gets the proper training and to ensure that such a set up can work.

One of our combat deaths in Afghanistan was a woman. So women are on the front lines and our military has suffered no ill effects as a result.

Good. I'm glad you feel justified and fulfilled in what you chose to do. I hope you also felt it was necessary.

And if you believe that you going to the mid-east made it possible for me to drive, vote, work, etc...I was doing all of that before you went to war and likely before you were born. You weren't fight Hitler or Hiorohito.

You do understand that some of the soldiers that fought Hitler and Hirohito were in the military long prior to the start of WWII, right? Same thing for many of the soldiers that fought in Afghanistan and Iraq. They joined the military prior to 9/11. Do you despise them also?

Excuse me? They've fought on the front lines in more wars than US women.

What a terrible way to look at the world.

So what? Do you want those overstressed pathetic losers to dictate how local and american women should dress too? You know, so they don't tempt men too much to commit the horrible crime of raping a woman.

Because apparantly the American army is full of uncontrollable rapers and we have to shape the world around deviants like that.

How dare you put the blame in womens shoes.

In any situation where lots of young men, and only a few women, are put under tremendous stress and kept away from any other public activities for weeks or months at a time... Yes, I'd require some kind of dress code and code of conduct.

I'm not blaming women, if anything, I'm saying that there are not enough controls on the men. In any situation where young people get together there is going to need to be controls, and in military combat situations those rules need to go even further.

Did you see the article that said 1/3rd of all military women had been raped?

I find it highly unlikely that the US military is going to turn around and deploy hundreds of thousands of female soldiers on heavy combat missions. I'd be very surprised if there were hundreds of thousands of female soldiers with the proper training to be deployed. If women are allowed to serve in combat units it's going to be a long time before they're in that role in any kind of numbers. There's going to be a long process to phase it in to ensure that everyone gets the proper training and to ensure that such a set up can work.

Well, sure...

And if you go back to my first post in this thread, you'll see that I am not against this process. I only think that US soldiers need better training and experience in how to operate with men and women in combat, because right now it would be a total failure. Right now, if it was Forced to happen, for political reasons, or for the sake of political correctness, then it would be a monsterous failure.