Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFOs sighted over New Zealand

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,345 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Several witnesses observed up to five objects over the country's Rotorua and Bay of Plenty regions.

New Zealand Herald said:

During a number of separate sightings this month a rural Rotorua resident filmed what he described as a "blinking ufo object and big bright sphere object" as well as a "bright light ufo, strange skies ufo and fireballs".

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Very interesting story.

Looking forward to theories. :)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Majikwayz

Majikwayz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I want to see the photograph of the one on the lake....

#4    Keymaker

Keymaker

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• Great Artists Have No Country

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

It's interesting that's for sure, I'm looking forward to seeing what the experts say.

#5    constantine_337

constantine_337

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• Love is the law of the universe. Hatred is a disease that kills nations.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Lots of people capturing strange things with night vision equipment.

Posted Image

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.

#6    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostSaru, on 28 November 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Several witnesses observed up to five objects over the country's Rotorua and Bay of Plenty regions.

Not terribly compelling footage I must say; interesting though how many of these night vision videos we are seeing now.  Can this be done with an ordinary DVD Cam?

Posted Image

#7    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,781 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 November 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Not terribly compelling footage I must say; interesting though how many of these night vision videos we are seeing now.  Can this be done with an ordinary DVD Cam?

Not if you're left-handed.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#8    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,562 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Interesting.. I wasn't aware the flap was still on-going...

Some of the footage looks like satellites to me... *shrugs* but as I know we've been having a lot of sightings of late I'm not rulling it out as possibly genuine..  

We've had a lot of sightings this year, I think it began in March, and is on-going. Is interesting because since they showed up there's also been an increase in volcanic activity in and around the central North Island. Mount Tongariro has erupted twice now, Ruaphehu is starting to rumble again, Tarawera/rotorua is all part of the same hot-spot, as is super volcano Taupo..

#9    manz

manz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

@prof do you beleive that there is connection between natural phenomenon and UFOs?

#10    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,810 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Being familiar with Lake Tawawera i can tell you that on hot days boats on the far side of the lake appear to be floating quite high above the lake in the heat haze. But only if viewed from lake level, not from the surrounding hills/mountains.

But the other discriptions of UFO's remind me of the Kaikoura UFO that was filmed by a current affiars show in 1978

Edited by Professor Buzzkill, 29 November 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#11    EpiCnz

EpiCnz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Made an account just to comment.
The statement about the glowing orbs floating across a street, is almost exactly the same as an encounter I had about 10 years ago now.
Im from New Zealand and my sighting was almost identical but the orb was blue And floated out from behind some trees  and across a road in front of us.

#12    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,562 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

View Postmanz, on 29 November 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

@prof do you beleive that there is connection between natural phenomenon and UFOs?

I think so..
I think they are showing interest in what is happening as opposed to actually creating these geological events though.. As you know from another thread, I follow and have been following earthquakes & volcanic events for years. It's curious these guy's show up when and where they do, and usually over known fault lines & geothermal areas.

View PostEpiCnz, on 29 November 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Made an account just to comment.
The statement about the glowing orbs floating across a street, is almost exactly the same as an encounter I had about 10 years ago now.
Im from New Zealand and my sighting was almost identical but the orb was blue And floated out from behind some trees  and across a road in front of us.

Hi, Welcome to UM..
Your Blue UFO interests me.. It wasn't in Taranaki was it?

Edited by Professor T, 29 November 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#13    EpiCnz

EpiCnz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 29 November 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

I think so..
I think they are showing interest in what is happening as opposed to actually creating these geological events though..

Hi, Welcome to UM..
Your Blue UFO interests me.. It wasn't in Taranaki was it?

It was in the Waikato countryside, the backroads near Miranda

#14    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,562 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostEpiCnz, on 29 November 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

It was in the Waikato countryside, the backroads near Miranda

Cool.. Click goes my theory again, lol, I didn't know there were geothermal hot-springs there.. I thought the nearest might have been Waingaro.. so, was this UFO, kind of light blue? and strangely difficult to determine it's outline?

#15    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,978 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 29 November 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

Interesting.. I wasn't aware the flap was still on-going...

Some of the footage looks like satellites to me... *shrugs* but as I know we've been having a lot of sightings of late I'm not rulling it out as possibly genuine..  

I have to agree, they look an awful lot like satellites. Maybe even this The ISS has been in the vicinity in similar time frames.

View PostProfessor T, on 29 November 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

We've had a lot of sightings this year, I think it began in March, and is on-going. Is interesting because since they showed up there's also been an increase in volcanic activity in and around the central North Island. Mount Tongariro has erupted twice now, Ruaphehu is starting to rumble again, Tarawera/rotorua is all part of the same hot-spot, as is super volcano Taupo..

Was my first thought as well, earth-lights are strongly associated with Volcanic activity, but these look like satellites, maybe some earth-lights sparked some imaginations?

I just hope it's quiet and draws some tourism in, after Christchurch you guys have had more than your fair share of late. I hope it becomes a blessing is disguise, and not another disaster.

What has me wondering is that the Bay and Rotorua are hardly on the same border. That would indicate satellites I would think.

Edited by psyche101, 29 November 2012 - 06:02 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users