Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

1,000-Year-Old Muslim Joke Book Found

old muslim joke book found

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,245 posts

• Question everything

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 30 November 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Achmed! That is all! XD

I keel you!

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#17    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,002 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

now those are old jokes

#18    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

These should be added to Sharia Law.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,250 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 30 November 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

These should be added to Sharia Law.
What and stoned?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

I find it ridiculous that some people have such a general stereo type and cliched view of Muslims and their society, views propagated and perpetuated by the media!

Iraq and baghdad at that time were shining beacons of civilisation, intergrated society of Jews, Christians, Muslims, mainly and a melting pot of different people from all over the Islamic empire etc. They were in somewhat a bohemian state, as they neglected their state and religious duties, became lavish etc. Hence why the tartar invasion destroyed them with ease, totally unprepared defensively, focused more on lavish living, science, art etc. Unfortunately in that invasion the Baghdad library was destroyed which contained hundreds and thousands if books on science, history, maths, philosophy, art, etc etc etc Greek works, persain, Indian as well other literature.

So surely they had a laugh too and it's no surprise they wrote jokes and poetry etc.

#21    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,250 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostLion6969, on 01 December 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

I find it ridiculous that some people have such a general stereo type and cliched view of Muslims and their society,
I do not stereotype muslims who live in muslim countries.
But I do not understand why people can not understand that in certain areas which are not in muslim countries, the muslims have decided that they do not and will not intergrate with the rest of society.
I find it ridiculous that this can happen and we are expected to bend over backwards in our countries while they blatantly do not want to or believe in diversity.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users