Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghost hunter dies after investigation

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Its tragic, lost her life due to the current ghost hunting craze.

Its probably time to educate people about the dangers ghost hunters can face in abandoned condemned buildings, etc. One can risk injury and if one is situated way out beyond city limits that only increases the risks exponentially.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#32    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,734 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 30 November 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Its tragic, lost her life due to the current ghost hunting craze.

Its probably time to educate people about the dangers ghost hunters can face in abandoned condemned buildings, etc. One can risk injury and if one is situated way out beyond city limits that only increases the risks exponentially.
why does it have to be directed at ghost hunters? i think it's just common sense for anyone who's going traipsing around old buildings and such  -  protect yourself against airborn particles as well as proper footwear etc.
heck i wore a mask when we replaced out bathroom shower just in case lol
these so called professionals should know those basics come on!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#33    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 November 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

why does it have to be directed at ghost hunters?

Because it was the subject of this individual's death. And these ghost hunter shows are inspiring many upstart paranormal groups around the nation. Seriously, one of these television programs should discuss the subject of this death and feature an educational safety segment(s).

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#34    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,734 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 30 November 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Seriously, one of these television programs should discuss the subject of this death and feature an educational safety segment(s).
this is agree with.
my problem with the news article is that it implies at first that her death was related to ghosts when in fact it is really a story about a woman who contracted a lung infection from animal droppings and ended up dying a month later.
that she was a ghost hunter is irrelevant to the overall message that it is dangerous to kick animal droppings around without a mask, whether you are hunting ghosts, cleaning your attic, or working out in the barn

Edited by JGirl, 30 November 2012 - 04:24 AM.

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#35    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 November 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

this is agree with.
my problem with the news article is that it implies at first that her death was related to ghosts when in fact it is really a story about a woman who contracted a lung infection from animal droppings and ended up dying a month later.
that she was a ghost hunter is irrelevant to the overall message that it is dangerous to kick animal droppings around without a mask, whether you are hunting ghosts, cleaning your attic, or working out in the barn

Very true. Masks should always be worn when participating in these activities. A subject none of these programs touched upon when investigating "haunted" sites.

#36    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 29 November 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

The biggest tragedy here is that this made the news.... End of Story.
& Doesn't it sound like the husband is trying to get some publicity off of her death.

#37    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Really sad news rip sara

#38    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,137 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

RIP. I hope she tries to make contact though

#39    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,449 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I read through the posts and ask my self , " What ever happened for the compation of one person for another "?  

But for the grace of God go I .

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#40    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,734 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostROGER, on 30 November 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

I read through the posts and ask my self , " What ever happened for the compation of one person for another "?  

But for the grace of God go I .
uhhh you probably shouldn't go into the thread about the obese woman who died cuz she couldn't fit on the plane then...

#41    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,449 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 November 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

uhhh you probably shouldn't go into the thread about the obese woman who died cuz she couldn't fit on the plane then...

Thank you , I wont.

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#42    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 29 November 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

I was expecting something completely different.
me too...

View PostJunior Chubb, on 29 November 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

yeah, like that!

What could possibly go wrong?

#43    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostHilander, on 29 November 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

I got pneumonia once from cleaning out the building I kept my saddles and stuff like that in.  Boy was I sick, spent time in the hospital.  Really should wear a mask.
you wear saddles? cool..

What could possibly go wrong?

#44    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Psychic Spy

• 2,029 posts

• 私は宇宙のガーディアンです

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostJGirl, on 29 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

so basically this is a news article about a woman who should have worn a mask while stirring up bat and rodent crap. common sense 101 if you ask me,
the fact that she was 'ghost hunting' is totally irrelevant to the story, and only serves to draw readers in to a tragic but not in the least compelling news item

View Postsergeantflynn, on 29 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I must agree with JGirl . Woman dies of infection(so do hundreds of others). Could have been avoided(so could hundreds of others). What the hell has this got to do with ghost-hunting ? If a rat-catcher goes the same way then what am I to deduce ?

Bad journalism. It grabs people's attention and reels them in. Thousands of articles like this are posted every day.

Posted Image

Edited by UFO_Monster, 01 December 2012 - 12:30 AM.

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

#45    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,734 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostUFO_Monster, on 01 December 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Bad journalism. It grabs people's attention and reels them in. Thousands of articles like this are posted every day.

Posted Image
it's everywhere!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users