Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Can anyone help me with what this could have

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

View Postskookum, on 30 November 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

This has just sent shivers down my spine.  Yesterday I took my neighbour to work, she is a postwoman so gets their but 6 a.m.  On my way home it had began to get light.  The skies were very blue as there had been a deep frost.  The moon was full and very bright, to the right of the moon was a very bright light.  Like a star but very bright,  It didn't move and just didn't seem right.  

Are stars usually visible in daylight?  Can't imagine what else it could be however I have never seen that before.
It's not a star you saw, it's Jupiter, which is very close to the Moon currently.
Both the planet Jupiter and Venus are often visible even when the sky is becoming bright.
Venus, most noteably, is often visible in full daylight with a clear sky.  When Venus is at it's maximum brightness, it still can appear as a faint daylight object if you know where to look.
Some information here:
http://www.fourmilab.../venus_daytime/

Edited by synchronomy, 30 November 2012 - 03:55 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#17    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

That's why they call Venus the Morning Star and Evening Star.
Though it wasn't in the Northern Hemisphere that particular night.
What should have been a easy identification has turned into an embarrassment.
Sometimes I have too many apps but surely I can't get Mars wrong.
You can't really miss a reddish tinge. Hang on...

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#18    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Don't try to force your flawed human logic on us!

• 2,456 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 30 November 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I dabble.  Anything "up there" facinates me.
Here's two websites I visit every morning when I check news and weather.  I haven't had TV for about three years now and find my outlook on life has improved tremendously.

I visit this site for daily news about the Universe.  There's lots of links there to great stuff:
http://spaceweather.com/

I love this one.  Get a daily shot of cool astronomical pics and the description is loaded with links too:
http://apod.nasa.gov...d/astropix.html
I love those sites I really like the Picture of The Cathedral to Massive stars pic from the second link, its just beautiful

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#19    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Best time to view Jupiter for years to come is tonight...it's at it's brightest.

http://earthsky.org/...cember-2-3-2012

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#20    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 30 November 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I dabble.  Anything "up there" facinates me.
Here's two websites I visit every morning when I check news and weather.  I haven't had TV for about three years now and find my outlook on life has improved tremendously.

I visit this site for daily news about the Universe.  There's lots of links there to great stuff:
http://spaceweather.com/

I love this one.  Get a daily shot of cool astronomical pics and the description is loaded with links too:
http://apod.nasa.gov...d/astropix.html

:tu:

The NASA IPhone App is pretty decent as well. I like it for keeping up to date. Fast and well organised. For the Net, I like Ice In Space as it is a resource local to me.

Expect for all the POTD's where they airbrush out aliens.............. :rofl:

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#21    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,171 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

And to say we are not enlighten  We are ! :tsu:

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users