Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ron Paul to Congress: Stop Worshipping Israel

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#16    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 01 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Because he flips more on what he believes than a pancake in a frying pan? Because he can't commit to one set of beliefs? Because he's a Republican in an age where the Republican Party is increasingly becoming more and more radical at the expense of moderate voices?

All valid reasons, although at least the OP has finally confirmed what I always suspected. I wonder if he thought Mitt Romney was the best thing to happen to America since sliced bread?

You just demonstrated that you know absolutely nothing about Ron Paul.... Let the sheen of ignorance shine upon you bud.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#17    Johnnboy1

Johnnboy1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Over 75 percent of the American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan wanted out during the wars! The majority of American citizens wanted the troops out of Iraq also. What did "our representatives" in Congress do? They are ignored us! That's because Israel, the Israeli Lobby, AIPAC, and the Jewish owned and operated media shilling for Israel, are all wielding a power over this once-great nation grossly disproportionate to their numbers. What the fools in Congress, as well as the American fools classified as dispensationalist Christian fundamentalists, fail to come to grips with, is that the interests and the well-being of America and its people are no longer in the equation that balanced out the United States as the greatest nation on Earth.

Edited by Johnnboy1, 01 December 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#18    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

love Ron Paul.. too cool for school..

#19    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Postand then, on 01 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Not true, Coffey.  Not everything is about the M.E. for me - just most ;)  My opinions on RP are well thought out.  I'm not a hater where he is concerned, I just consider myself a realist on the chances of his movement.  THAT many earnest and committed citizens should not be just ignored and marginalized, but neither can they expect to be given the keys unless they can convince enough others in the validity of his WHOLE plan.

That's the thing though, Ron Paul is practically unknown by most of the American society. I've even seen people post on here, other forums and youtube saying "I never knew about this guy". How come that is even possible?!.... Well it's because Obama and Mitt where all over the media with insane amounts of coverage. But to push that vote to Obama they went one step more with him, they made him an international celebrity. They did the exact same thing with David Cameron before the elections, they had his wife do a documentary on ITV (one of our main free channels) on what it's like being a MP's wife. This sort of celebrity status just wins in the western world because the majority of society works that way sadly. Look at all this celbrity trash people watch now. They use the excuse that thye watch it cause it's funny to laugh at these idiots, but thye really get sucked into it. They psot statuses on facebook all the time.

Here's an example of it: Last Saturday Xfactor was on in the UK and the guy who was clearly the best if I go by the thousands of facebook statuses saying so, he then got booted off.... Everyone's statuses said the same thing "why did so and so get booted off, it's a fix". The thing is they say "it's a fix" but they don't really mean it cause they will repeatedly watch this garbage year after year without realising it's blatantly a fix, there is no chances like that in real life for getting into the music industry, I know that for a fact. It's all a set up, even the unfortunate ones who have a sad life story. The main 3 people are all chosen before the program even starts being recorded. Because there is no way Simon Cowell would risk signing someone he doesn't want. This guy doesn't care about music whatsoever, he purely cares about money and what will sell. He's one of the reasons pop music is such a pile of **** nowadays.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#20    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostYamato, on 01 December 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

All untrue, hardly valid.   Just where do you get your information about Ron Paul?  Source, please.

Oh, the irony.

View PostYamato, on 01 December 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Ron Paul flips on the issues?   LMAO.  That's got to be the lamest political comment I've ever heard on this board and I've heard some bad ones.

Clearly you haven't looked at your posts closely enough. No matter. I'll entertain your little quip. Let's take something Americans feel strongly about: gay marriage. Ron Paul says he supports gay marriage and says that anyone entering into a voluntary relationship should not be the business of the state, and yet at the same time, says that marriage is purely between a man and a woman.

Now, I'm not so sure about you, but I don't think this person actually knows where he stands. One minute, it's all OK for gay couples to marry and call it such and yet, the next, marriage is only between a man and a woman? Isn't that fascinating? This switch between viewpoints. It almost feels that he's.........................what's the word I'm looking for.......................flipping?

Oh, but wait, Ron Paul never flips on the issues. Must be a mistake. Of course Yam, you are the educated one. Tell me, in my apparent ignorance, what you would call this change of heart? Cont

Talking about me in the 3rd person (instead of discussing the topic with me) is weak, especially in my own thread.   If you have a question, ask.

That's very amateurish Yam. Why? What's the problem? Have you not encountered references to the OP in the third person before? Common practice.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#21    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

The US gives millions a year in aid to the Palestinans, so the same thing can be said, is the US buying their rockets and bombs?.

#22    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 01 December 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

The US gives millions a year in aid to the Palestinans, so the same thing can be said, is the US buying their rockets and bombs?.

The US "elite" is famous for funding both sides. The US banks funded Hitler... I mean that's the famous example.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,462 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 01 December 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

Oh, the irony.

Clearly you haven't looked at your posts closely enough. No matter. I'll entertain your little quip. Let's take something Americans feel strongly about: gay marriage. Ron Paul says he supports gay marriage and says that anyone entering into a voluntary relationship should not be the business of the state, and yet at the same time, says that marriage is purely between a man and a woman.

Now, I'm not so sure about you, but I don't think this person actually knows where he stands. One minute, it's all OK for gay couples to marry and call it such and yet, the next, marriage is only between a man and a woman? Isn't that fascinating? This switch between viewpoints. It almost feels that he's.........................what's the word I'm looking for.......................flipping?

Oh, but wait, Ron Paul never flips on the issues. Must be a mistake. Of course Yam, you are the educated one. Tell me, in my apparent ignorance, what you would call this change of heart? Cont

That's very amateurish Yam. Why? What's the problem? Have you not encountered references to the OP in the third person before? Common practice.

He says marriage shouldn't be a matter of the state, period.  He's got a right to his own beliefs from there, man and woman, or man and goat, it doesn't matter.  His position hasn't "flipped" or "flopped" on marriage just like it hasn't on any other issue.

Again, source please.  I'd love to find out the rags you read on where you get your information and now that you've gotten Ron Paul so embarrassingly wrong, I'd really like to know what you read this tripe from.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#24    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,462 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Ron Paul is against all foreign aid, so while your question puts egg on the face of the US, it doesn't Ron Paul.  In fact if you watch the video, he's actually talking about changing our foreign policy!   Cool, huh?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#25    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 01 December 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

You've never heard people espouse conflicting ideas between what they think is right and what they think should be legal? Never heard someone say, "I hate what you're saying, but I'll fight for your right to say it."? Or "I think drugs are a waste of time and money. That said, I believe they should be legal."?

That's not flipping, that's just a conflict of ideas. Ron Paul is the most consistent politician the US has seen for about a century and a half.

As far as his electability, I think the mistakes he's personally made were like and then mentioned - he takes such a hard line in his speeches that it scares people. Sure, most of the things he wants are things most of us would like to work toward, but the way he sometimes makes it sound is like he'll come in and demolish the government and start from scratch. His message would have caught on better if he'd talked baby steps in the right direction instead.

The part of his electability that wasn't his fault was a combination of the media and his supporters. The media are in place to force feed us the candidates of the two parties who have are on the same team. Outsiders are to be ridiculed if they can't be ignored. The supporter thing was that rabid support is a double edged blade. Aside from the gold standard stuff, I don't think I've ever heard Paul say anything I didn't agree with in terms of policy. Even though he's a candidate who suits my views better than any I can ever remember, I'd get sick of people trying to turn every conversation under the sun into a RP pep rally. I'm shocked forums haven't added his name to the censored dictionary because of the spamming some of his supporters can't seem to resist.

#26    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,462 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

View Postsam12six, on 01 December 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

You've never heard people espouse conflicting ideas between what they think is right and what they think should be legal? Never heard someone say, "I hate what you're saying, but I'll fight for your right to say it."? Or "I think drugs are a waste of time and money. That said, I believe they should be legal."?

That's not flipping, that's just a conflict of ideas. Ron Paul is the most consistent politician the US has seen for about a century and a half.

+1

#27    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

View Postsam12six, on 01 December 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

You've never heard people espouse conflicting ideas between what they think is right and what they think should be legal?

Generally speaking, most politicians believe that what they think is right must either be illegal or legal. Ron Paul is obviously different to most politicians.

Never heard someone say, "I hate what you're saying, but I'll fight for your right to say it."? Or "I think drugs are a waste of time and money. That said, I believe they should be legal."?

I have, but I haven't seen anyone who genuinely believes it.

That's not flipping, that's just a conflict of ideas.

A conflict of ideas, you say? So if someone says that they don't mind people of the same sex getting married and calling it marriage, and then saying marriage is only between a man and a woman, that, according to the made-up definitions that this forum seems to produce in alarming amounts, isn't a change of opinion or "flipping" but is merely a conflict of ideas?

How is saying gay couples can call their relationship marriage and then saying marriage is only about a man and a woman not flipping? It's saying two different things. No consistency whatsoever.

Ron Paul is the most consistent politician the US has seen for about a century and a half.

A conflict of ideas is consistency now? Christ, no wonder people think of Americans as uneducated if the result of the education system is you and Yamato. And the fact you're only calling me out on the definition of a word and not the fact that the man lacks consistency is quite interesting.

Let me ask you something. If a man can't form an opinion and stick with it during his abortive election campaign, what makes you think he's going to stick with it when he is elected into any official office?

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#28    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

They give money in aid through NGO's (non governmental organisations in sectors such as humanitarian assistance, economic development, democratic reform, improving water access and other infrastructure, health care, education), not directly.  None of this money goes towards bombs and rockets. Pages 7-10
But, the US does provide Israel with a staggering $2.6 billion per year on average, two-thirds of which goes towards military assistance and they have been doing so since 1971.  At the top of page 28

No wonder Ron Paul is freaking out.....

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 02 December 2012 - 10:15 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#29    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Also, interesting conditions on page 10 of the US Foreign aid report towards the Palestinians considering what's happened recently:

Palestinian Membership in the United Nations or U.N. Specialized Agencies: No
Economic Support Fund aid is permitted to the PA if the Palestinians obtain from
this point forward (the restriction does not apply to Palestinian membership in
UNESCO) “the same standing as member states or full membership as a state in
the United Nations or any specialized agency thereof outside an agreement
negotiated between Israel and the Palestinians
.” The Secretary of State may
waive this restriction for national security reasons by filing a waiver detailing
how “the continuation of assistance would assist in furthering Middle East
peace.”

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 02 December 2012 - 10:18 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#30    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,665 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostBlackRedLittleDevil, on 02 December 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

Also, interesting conditions on page 10 of the US Foreign aid report towards the Palestinians considering what's happened recently:
The part you didn't highlight is the escape clause they use to continue the funding regardless what the Palestinians do:  
The Secretary of State may
waive this restriction for national security reasons by filing a waiver detailing
how “the continuation of assistance would assist in furthering Middle East
peace"
Has the current admin ever stopped or even cut aid to the Palestinians?  I think they cut it in  a minor way after some event but I can't recall what it was.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users