Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Israel pushes plans for 3000 new settlements

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#1    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

http://www.reuters.c...E8AT0R720121130

As a result of the recent vote for Palestine's admission with observer's status into UN the Israelis have responded with plans to build 3000 new settlements.

It's apparent that Israel will not compromise yet it expects the Palestinians to play dead.

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN, 01 December 2012 - 12:10 AM.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I hear it is not a 'diverse' development.
Funny how here in England we are told we have to be diverse and yet its ok for them to not be!! hence why we now have "communities" which do  not want to mix with others. Mainly these "communities' are asian. I said it before, if they did not live side by side with each other in their own countries, then its not going to happen here. and the proof is in areas like Tower Hamlets. Queens in Bedford and a few more. And it has nothing to do with the race, it is all down to their religion!
I do not think it should be allowed to happen here in England, we just have to look at countries like Israel or Iran to see that this will be our future one day.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostWHO U KIDDIN, on 01 December 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

As a result of the recent vote for Palestine's admission with observer's status into UN the Israelis have responded with plans to build 3000 new settlements.

It's apparent that Israel will not compromise yet it expects the Palestinians to play dead.
Predictable though it is, it still could have been much worse.  They had threatened to walk away from their commitment to Oslo and to withhold tax revenues from that agreement.  Actually, I think they should have skipped on the new building and renounced Oslo since the Palestinian move effectively renounces it also.  Tit for tat.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,690 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Well, see, there is a new instrument in the hand of the Palestinians now that can't be vetoed: The court of Human Rights in the Hague and the War Crime Tribunal.

If I were Bibi I would thread carefully about these things in the future. Could end up in a UN resolution to boycott Israel.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 01 December 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

I hear it is not a 'diverse' development.
Funny how here in England we are told we have to be diverse and yet its ok for them to not be!!
I can't even imagine my government domestically enforcing violent rule on the behalf of one ethnic group in the US to the exclusion of all others.  It goes against the grain of every fiber of my being, it's a blatantly anti-American mindset, yet I'm expected to be silent and sit idly by while my tax money pays for the hypocrisy.   Kudos to our money handlers for getting away with it for this long.  They've got our politicians in their back pockets, obviously.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#6    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostYamato, on 01 December 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

I can't even imagine my government domestically enforcing violent rule on the behalf of one ethnic group in the US to the exclusion of all others.  It goes against the grain of every fiber of my being, it's a blatantly anti-American mindset, yet I'm expected to be silent and sit idly by while my tax money pays for the hypocrisy.   Kudos to our money handlers for getting away with it for this long.  They've got our politicians in their back pockets, obviously.

You're right Yam about the hypocrisy it's mind numbing. What's even more disturbing is the fact that such racist attitudes are regularly condoned and espoused by 'religious and holy men' like Rabbi Yossef spiritual leader of the Shas Party and Rabbinical council, which is presently allied with Netanyahu's Likud.

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=191782

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 December 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Well, see, there is a new instrument in the hand of the Palestinians now that can't be vetoed: The court of Human Rights in the Hague and the War Crime Tribunal.

If I were Bibi I would thread carefully about these things in the future. Could end up in a UN resolution to boycott Israel.
I think that is a foregone conclusion.  No doubt it is the primary purpose of this little drama.  Incremental steps to bring more and more pressure on Israel to do what?

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#8    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,690 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

View Postand then, on 01 December 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

I think that is a foregone conclusion.  No doubt it is the primary purpose of this little drama.  Incremental steps to bring more and more pressure on Israel to do what?

Finally do what everybody is telling them to do: Make peace and withdraw to the '64 borders.

Edited by questionmark, 01 December 2012 - 05:25 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

Aristotle

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 December 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Finally do what everybody is telling them to do: Make peace and withdraw to the '64 borders.
The borders in '64 were what Arafat found to be unacceptable though.  He founded the PLO to LIBERATE Palestine based on those borders, no?

#10    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 3,002 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostWHO U KIDDIN, on 01 December 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

An extra 3000 settlements!

This is the reason their staunch European allies have turned on them and voted Palestine.  This is the reason the peace process hasn't been going anywhere for a long time. This is the reason the world is starting to believe there is more to it than just security as the Israeli Govt would like us all to believe.
All well supported by growing Zionism and right wing nationalism in Israel.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 01 December 2012 - 10:54 PM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

Aristotle

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostBlackRedLittleDevil, on 01 December 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

An extra 3000 settlements!

This is the reason their staunch European allies have turned on them and voted Palestine.  This is the reason the peace process hasn't been going anywhere for a long time. This is the reason the world is starting to believe there is more to it than just security as the Israeli Govt would like us all to believe.
All well supported by growing Zionism and right wing nationalism in Israel.
Two sides to every story RBLD.  I think the additional apartments were just a slap in the face to the countries who voted against Israel.  If a negotiated solution isn't found between the two then it just means more war - and the Palestinians will lose.  Pushing Israel into a corner means more war - and the Palestinians lose.  So it just makes more sense to pressure the Palestinians to the bargaining table doesn't it?

#12    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 3,002 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

View Postand then, on 02 December 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

Two sides to every story RBLD.  I think the additional apartments were just a slap in the face to the countries who voted against Israel.  If a negotiated solution isn't found between the two then it just means more war - and the Palestinians will lose.  Pushing Israel into a corner means more war - and the Palestinians lose.  So it just makes more sense to pressure the Palestinians to the bargaining table doesn't it?

Israel is just slapping themselves in the face with these authoritarian decisions.  LOL, the people of Israel are loosing the moral war thanks to their Zionist head of state and they don't even realize it.  Believe me, Israel needs to get back to the negotiating table and find solutions before it's too late.

A conventional war against the Palestinians (??!!).  Will never happen.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 02 December 2012 - 09:08 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#13    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I keep saying this but Israel is trying to provke Palestine to attack them by doing this. So they can get everyone to see Palestine is bad

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

Aristotle

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostBlackRedLittleDevil, on 02 December 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

Israel is just slapping themselves in the face with these authoritarian decisions.  LOL, the people of Israel are loosing the moral war thanks to their Zionist head of state and they don't even realize it.  Believe me, Israel needs to get back to the negotiating table and find solutions before it's too late.

A conventional war against the Palestinians (??!!).  Will never happen.
But it IS happening.  What would you call the months or sometimes years of rocket fire followed by the occasional ground incursion that kills hundreds?  Just because Israel doesn't roll in and raze the strip doesn't mean they aren't at war.  And just because Gazans don't put on uniforms and fight with conventional tactics doesn't mean they can't disrupt life and commerce for Israel in a serious way.  At some point and maybe soon if  the PA try the ICC to exert more pressure, Israel may very well go into Gaza in a major way and even reoccupy parts of it.  They will have no other choice since they aren't the kind to quit.  And the attitude that the clock is ticking for Israel alone is erroneous.  The people of Gaza need to get serious as well.  I absolutely MARVEL at the attitudes here about Israel and the Palestinians.  There seems to be a near total disconnect from reality where the arc of this conflict is headed.  Many seem to actually believe, in spite of all evidence, that Israel is going to succumb to words and just give up their homes and wander in the world again because many nations hate them.  WOULD YOU?  I think not.

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

Aristotle

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 02 December 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

I keep saying this but Israel is trying to provke Palestine to attack them by doing this. So they can get everyone to see Palestine is bad
Possibly, but when was the last time you heard anyone in the media condemn the Palestinians?  Seriously?  Can you find a single source other than FoxNews that has done so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users