Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Searching for a Specific Type of Book

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    butterflysdust

butterflysdust

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

I've been searching for a paranormal non-fiction book in which the author speaks about case studies, or especially actual research and experimentation that they have done within the field.

Does anyone know of any books like this?

Thanks in advance :)

#2    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Paranormal is a big field. Can you narrow it down?

#3    butterflysdust

butterflysdust

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Any topic with the paranormal really that they have done actual research with, but I guess more specifically interested in ghosts and/or psychic phenomena.

#4    whitelight

whitelight

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

When I started reading I found used book stores in the yellow pages.  In a city of 35k I found a book store with over 250,000 titles on every subject.

#5    Pandora7321

Pandora7321

Perpetual Late Bloomer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

• Let none of this earth inherit this vision of my spirit.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I have a book at home based on case studies of poltergeist activity. I think it's actually titled Poltergeists but I'm not positive. I'll try to remember to look at it when I get home and reply back on here with what it's called and who it's by.

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?
- Tool, Stinkfist

#6    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

You could start with The Occult by Colin Wilson then Beyond the Occult... the author gaves lots of names and references

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#7    Catti-Brie

Catti-Brie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• I am a loose piece of the universe that has become aware momentarily.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I liked 'Conjuring Up Philip: An Adventure in Psychokinesis' by Iris Owen. It follows an experiment conducted in the early 1970s by the Toronto Society for Psychical Research to see if they could create a ghost. Hint: never underestimate the power of the human mind!

Not ghosts, but Whitley Streiber's supposed true account in 'Communion' of he and his son's ongoing allien abductions was very interesting--plus, I couldn't sleep at night while I was reading it (too freaked out) and could not leave the book's cover face up (the picture of the alien on the front scared the be-jeebies outta me).

#8    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Oh man...Communion...the book not only gave me the freaks years ago but so did the Christopher Walken movie...."Little blue MEN!!" :) Ill check my library of books and get back to ya on what I'd recommend.

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users