Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Im officialy done supporting Rand Paul

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

The Senate passed the much ballyhooed Feinstein-Lee amendment last night, which supposedly partially nullifies the provision in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) allowing for Americans to be kidnapped by the government and disappeared without any charge or due process. Senator Rand Paul put out a press release declaring victory. But as Congressman Justin Amash points out, the wording of the amendment effectively codifies tyranny:

The heart of the Feinstein amendment:

"An authorization to use military force, a declaration of war, or any similar authority shall not authorize the detention without charge or trial of a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States apprehended in the United States, UNLESS AN ACT OF CONGRESS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZES SUCH DETENTION."

Well, that Act of Congress is the 2012 NDAA, which renders the rest of the Feinstein amendment meaningless.

http://www.lewrockwe...ves/127446.html

I refuse to believe he is dumb enough to think anything actualy changed here. So why on earth would he declare this a victory??? He is the worst kind of traitor. A wolf in sheeps clothes. The apple fell real far from the tree when it comes to Rand Paul.

Edited by preacherman76, 01 December 2012 - 01:07 PM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Justin Amash is awesome. He has a facebook page ,and despite any of his alleged political alliances ,he posts relative stuff ,people even outside his jurisdiction should know .
He should be frigging president .

Miss me?

#3    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,416 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

How is that not a change for the better? The president can't just do it on his own now. I understand that no due process and vanishing into the night is still bad but it seems far less likely to happen if it takes an act of congress. Not saying its good, but it does seem better. Or are you just mad at rand Paul for declaring victory instead of progress for lack of better terms?

Posted Image

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,898 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 01 December 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

"An authorization to use military force, a declaration of war, or any similar authority shall not authorize the detention without charge or trial of a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States apprehended in the United States, UNLESS AN ACT OF CONGRESS EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZES SUCH DETENTION."

Well, that Act of Congress is the 2012 NDAA, which renders the rest of the Feinstein amendment meaningless.
That IS amusing... Good morning world. Looks like nothing changed.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,993 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Well, that Act of Congress is the 2012 NDAA,

which will pretty much be nullified by the 2013NDAA, 2014NDAA, 2015NDAA, 20x.......

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#6    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 01 December 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

How is that not a change for the better? The president can't just do it on his own now. I understand that no due process and vanishing into the night is still bad but it seems far less likely to happen if it takes an act of congress. Not saying its good, but it does seem better. Or are you just mad at rand Paul for declaring victory instead of progress for lack of better terms?

Yes he can still do it on his own. Congress already authorised it.

#7    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postninjadude, on 01 December 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

which will pretty much be nullified by the 2013NDAA, 2014NDAA, 2015NDAA, 20x.......

Why would you assume that? Nothing has been taken out from past NDAA to this point. And even if that part was nullified next year, how many people have or are going to vanish between now and then?

#8    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,513 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

This fist pumping by Rand was the trade in exchange for his endorsement of Mitt during the primaries when he sold out.  

**** him

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,669 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 01 December 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Why would you assume that? Nothing has been taken out from past NDAA to this point. And even if that part was nullified next year, how many people have or are going to vanish between now and then?
I'm not one for conspiracy theories without substance but this really begs the question - if people go missing how will you KNOW whether this was the cause?

After all, people dissappear all the time either through personal choice or as victims of crime  ....

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#10    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,513 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 02 December 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories without substance but this really begs the question - if people go missing how will you KNOW whether this was the cause?

After all, people dissappear all the time either through personal choice or as victims of crime  ....

Allow me..

You don't but it's great cover.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#11    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 02 December 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

What conspiracy? 0bama has asked for the power to do this long before NDAA was renewed. Actualy used the words "indefinite detainment" and "rule of law" in the same sentance.

Anyhow, good point. They can wipe you off the face of the planet, and never even have to say they had anything to do with it. This is out right treason.

#12    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 01 December 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Justin Amash is awesome. He has a facebook page ,and despite any of his alleged political alliances ,he posts relative stuff ,people even outside his jurisdiction should know .
He should be frigging president .

Interesting coming from a diehard Obama supporter... Hmm...

The Senate passed the much ballyhooed Feinstein-Lee amendment last night, which supposedly partially nullifies the provision in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) allowing for Americans to be kidnapped by the government and disappeared without any charge or due process. Senator Rand Paul put out a press release declaring victory. But as Congressman Justin Amash points out, the wording of the amendment effectively codifies tyranny:

http://www.lewrockwe...ves/127446.html

I refuse to believe he is dumb enough to think anything actualy changed here. So why on earth would he declare this a victory??? He is the worst kind of traitor. A wolf in sheeps clothes. The apple fell real far from the tree when it comes to Rand Paul.

I hate to say this, believe me I do, but I think Rand is just playing the game that needs to be played for him to gain support within his party. I had that feeling when he endorsed Mitt, and I still do now. Ron Paul said it himself - we have a better chance of becoming the influence of the Republican party than starting a third party. Rand has his father's principles at heart. I just don't believe otherwise.

Edited by Legaia, 09 December 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,480 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Before automatically hitching a ride on the anti-Paul bandwagon, let's at least hear Rand Paul out for his reasoning on this issue before only listening to others tell us what it is.

Where's the "treason"at exactly?  

It's worth noting here that the federal government's detention power is currently facing legal challenge.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#14    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostLegaia, on 09 December 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Interesting coming from a diehard Obama supporter... Hmm...

I hate to say this, believe me I do, but I think Rand is just playing the game that needs to be played for him to gain support within his party. I had that feeling when he endorsed Mitt, and I still do now. Ron Paul said it himself - we have a better chance of becoming the influence of the Republican party than starting a third party. Rand has his father's principles at heart. I just don't believe otherwise.

If you actually read any of my posts,you would know I am not a die hard Obama supporter ,at all.
He stepped all over no less than three amendments .He allowed Monsanto omnipotent power over our food supply .He is just waiting to declare martial law
I just thought ,that despite all of this,he was STILL a better choice than Romney .
I will NEVER buy into Obamacare ,ever. Let them fine me .I will NEVER stop protesting GMOs ,forced vaccinations ,and bull**** Medicine ,tracking private citizens and eugenics.
Try reading more then two posts I make during an election,and you will find out how much of "diehard" I am .Obama is the biggest disappointment in two decades of elections ,and he was STILL better than Romney   ...

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 09 December 2012 - 02:48 PM.

Miss me?

#15    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 09 December 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

If you actually read any of my posts,you would know I am not a die hard Obama supporter ,at all.
He stepped all over no less than three amendments .He allowed Monsanto omnipotent power over our food supply .He is just waiting to declare martial law
I just thought ,that despite all of this,he was STILL a better choice than Romney .
I will NEVER buy into Obamacare ,ever. Let them fine me .I will NEVER stop protesting GMOs ,forced vaccinations ,and bull**** Medicine ,tracking private citizens and eugenics.
Try reading more then two posts I make during an election,and you will find out how much of "diehard" I am .Obama is the biggest disappointment in two decades of elections ,and he was STILL better than Romney   ...

Romney was no gem, but calling him the worse of two evils makes absolutely no sense.

Source : everything you wrote that I have quoted here. Not to mention the fact that Mitt actually worked a day in the private sector. That is so critical, regardless of how often liberals dismissed it.

(Sorry for getting off track)

Edited by Legaia, 09 December 2012 - 03:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users