Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Catholic Church sets up an exorcist hotline

exorcist hotline monsignor angelo mascheroni milan catholic church

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,099 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

The Catholic Church has established an exorcist hotline in Milan, its biggest diocese, to cope with demand. Monsignor Angelo Mascheroni, the diocese’s chief exorcist since 1995, said the curia had also appointed twice as many exorcists to cope with a doubling in the number of requests for help over 15 years.

“We get many requests for names, addresses and phone numbers; that’s why we’ve set up a switchboard in the curia from Monday to Friday from 2.30pm to 5pm,” he told the chiesadimilano website.

“People in need can call and will be able to find a priest in the same area who doesn’t have to travel too far.” And to that end, the number of demon-busting priests on call has increased from six to 12.

http://www.independe...nd-8368988.html

Posted Image

#2    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,508 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

kind of irresistably brings to mind "Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters", doesn't it.
Posted Image

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,290 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

This title just tickled my funny bone :D

iheartsugarbear

#4    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,291 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

"Hello exorcist hotline, could you get this demon out of my house he is drinking all my beer."

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#5    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Thank you for calling the Exorcist helpline, sponsored by the Milan center for rational dissonance.

Alright, it looks like you were complaining about a type three demonic entity, please press 1 if that is correct.
This call may be recorded for quality assurance.
We are now connecting you with an exorcist, after the call, please stay on the line for a customer review (You may be charged a $2.99 fee per minute, depending on your salvation level)

Hello, my name is Father Frank and I'll be your exorcist today.
On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being least comfortable and 5 being most; How safe do you feel in your house now?
Mmm Hmm, o.k. let me just write this down.

O.k., how do you feel about your current religious coverage in the local area?

Yes, I understand that the last question has little to do with your issue, but it is on the paper that I have to read from, I assure you, the Church has your best interest in mind.

O.k. I need you to find the Demon's name, you can try flipping him over and looking near the ventral slit, if it is a reptilian, if it is a non-reptilian, please check your (Holy) handbook.

Just to be sure, your demon's numbers were: 0066601120, is that correct?

O.k. your demon's name is Pazuzu, also known as Captain Howdy. We'll need and old priest and a young one. Please hold.......

EDIT: Captain, not mr.... Sheesh.

Edited by RedSquirrel, 01 December 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#6    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Bienvenido a la católica exorcista Hotline.Si usted desea escuchar esto en Inglés pulse 1.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#7    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,485 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

People do laugh about these things, until the impossible happens to them.  All over the world 'demonic' activity is reported, not only now but all through history.  Though a hot line does seem a bit absurd, if truth be told.  However in an age when unbelief in these kinds of things is rampant, it may cause an upsurge since people can get involved in things that can harm them and do not know how to protect themselves.  Many of our ideas about the unreality of the spritrual may in fact be what is crazy and out of touch.

http://www.newadvent...then/05709a.htm

#8    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

If I ever get possessed the last place I'd look for help would be the Catholic church. Who would I turn to?.....someone not connected to religion otherwise I wouldn't believe a word they said and the exorcism wouldn't work. But atheists rarely get possessed right?

#9    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostBling, on 01 December 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

If I ever get possessed the last place I'd look for help would be the Catholic church. Who would I turn to?.....someone not connected to religion otherwise I wouldn't believe a word they said and the exorcism wouldn't work. But atheists rarely get possessed right?

No they do not.....

If you do not " believe ", then they do not come a knocking.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#10    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostSakari, on 01 December 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

No they do not.....

Yay! Another good reason to be an atheist! But that's not very encouraging for believers though is it?

#11    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,485 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

I don't know ;-),  I guess if they don't believe they could be more vunerable if they get involved with something occult.  Actually the Catholic church is one of the best places to go, lots of experiences.  It is not a perfect organaztion, but there are many, who are not in power, who are really good, holy people who do a lot of good.

Peace
mark

Edited by markdohle, 01 December 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#12    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,485 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostBling, on 01 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Yay! Another good reason to be an atheist! But that's not very encouraging for believers though is it?

There is evil in our seen and felt world, as well as in the spiritual world….perhaps the division is arbitrary and it is all one world ….not believing is not always a protection.  Though few are bothered by these kinds of things, even those who get involved with the occult, some people have certain sensitivities and so can get caught up in it I guess.  I know a priest who has done this kind of thing and he does like to talk about it.  He told me:  “when the impossible happens before you, the mind shuts down and only fear rises up”.  He no longer does exorcisms.  Before the experience he did not believe such things were possible, just as many Catholics do today.  Again, I hope you never have to go through something like this.

#13    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

the last place i would go to is Catholic Church too.. eek!! and im sure 3/4 of those people thinking they are possessed aren't..

but from my experience whether or not you believe in anything has nothing to do with it.. most people that are possessed, have no clue they are.. look around.. its a jungle out there..

Edited by with bells on, 01 December 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#14    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,485 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View Postwith bells on, on 01 December 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

the last place i would go to is Catholic Church too.. eek!! and im sure 3/4 of those people thinking they are possessed aren't..

but from my experience whether or not you believe in anything has nothing to do with it.. most people that are possessed, have no clue they are.. look around.. its a jungle out there..

It is diffiucult to get permission from the church for an exorcism.  Lots of medical tests have to be done before it is allowed.  You are right, lots of people who need medical help.

Peace
mark

#15    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostSakari, on 01 December 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

No they do not.....

You're better off sticking with your usual method and saying no one gets possessed, Sakari. There are in fact accounts of atheists being possessed and then exorcised, so apparently belief isn't necessarily a prerequisite for whatever the condition is, mental or spiritual.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users