Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone else ever saw the ghost of a pet ?

Vincennes

I have had several experiences with the paranormal and spirits most all of them involve sounds and such that could never be explained. None of them ever involved full apparitions; that is, except for seeing the full apparitions of two of my pets that had passed over.

Neither of these apparitions has been frightening. The first occurred when I was a child of about five or six. I had recently lost a very beloved border collie. When I observed this figure, I actually believed my dog was still alive. However I later found out because he had become so over protective of me he had and would bite anyone who came near me that he deemed a threat; alas, even our mailman would not come on the entire street if I was playing outside. It was only as an adult my mother informed me that she had, in fact, lied to me about finding him another home. She felt she needed to put the dog down because of him being a threat to others.

What I saw was in no way frightening but it is still my reaction to the situation that makes me know it was real. Again I was about 5 and going down our hallway to the bedrooms. My dog came in the hallway from the living room and passed by me. It was so normal and happened so fast, it didn't even dawn on me that he was gone. My reaction which I will never forget was to move over for him to the side of the hallway to allow him to pass and I just kept on walking a few feet when it hit me, my dog was no longer in my house. I turned and of course he was gone.

I had a similar experience just a short time ago. I had just entered a bedroom of my house when my dog (deceased) came up behind me and walked by me into the room. Again, I just moved over slightly for him to pass and coontinued walking to the dresser in the room. Delayed reaction again! When reality hit me, I turned and there was no animal present . Nothing in the room.

Nothing scary, I just shook my head and was really pleased I had been given two chances to realize they were still with me.

Anyone else experience anything like this.

• Like 5

Funnily enough, there's a thread on just this topic here --> http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237256&hl= cat ghost&st=0, where as you can see, others do seem to ahve reported similar things.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yes, I had a dog a german shepherd when i was little but when i moved i had to give her to my grandma she died of cancer, the dog not my grandma, when i was ten. Now I hear her bark and see her on the dirt road my grandparents live on.

Edited by Kambambaluckabam
  • Like 2

I had a dream the other night. My spirit dog. (may she RIP) came and licked my hands. Was tactile and so beautifully vivid.

• Like 2

I replied to you personally but I also have to post that I have had this type of dream.. You don't ever forget the feel of that "touch".. It is something to cherish forever... or until we met them again.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I have seen the ghost of my old cat. When I was little, I frequently saw ghosts and angels. I saw the ghost of my cat after he died. I have also had dreams of him coming back to my house and telling me he's ok, in a sense.

• Like 3

I believe I saw an apparition of a cat. I'm not sure which cat though as three had lived/died here before this. I'll try not to make this too long.

My brother and his wife lived here where I do now for a few years prior to me moving in. They had two cats. One became sick and was having liver problems and eventually had to be put down because they couldn't do anything for him. Then after a few years they moved out and I moved in. I had four kittens that were a month or two old at the time. They all became sick and even after trips to the vet two still eventually died. The second one to die passed away in the bathroom because that's where I was keeping them at the time.

So about 3 or 4 years later I'm getting ready for work one morning and I go to the bathroom to take a shower. My one cat "Gaz", who was a sister to the two kittens who passed away, would always go in the bathroom and sit/lay on the toliet lid while I would get ready for work. The toliet is straight across from the bathtub. I had only been in the shower a couple minutes. And I was facing away from the shower head. I happened to look down and through the shower curtain I saw a grayish patch/blob? moving along the floor vertically just next to the bathtub. It would have been movng towards the shower head as I was facing away from it. At first I thought it was just water running down the shower curtain. But then quickly realized that it wasn't. As i'm watching this my cat Gaz is laying on the toilet lid facing the same direction that the gray patch/blob was moving. As soon as it got in her peripheral vision she apparently noticed it to because she quickly turned her head and looked right at it. And after she did that it just faded away. I've never seen it again. It is my belief that that was in fact one of the cats that had passed away here. Most likely the one that passed away in the bathroom.

Edited by mace13
  • Like 2

I have seen two of our nine deceased cats. One was when i was wrapping xmas presents in front of the fire and she was sat by the front door, i did a double take and she was gone. She died age 13 of liver cancer. The other cat a big ginger tom i saw walk down the hall..i followed him to see where he went and he sort of faded out as i watched. He died age 24 of renal failure. We've also heard one of our dogs after she passed. she was a white german shepherd with DM, so she had a very distinctive sound to her walk on our hard floors. Dogs with DM drag their back feet so its a scuffle of toe nails type sound. For about a year after she passed you would hear her coming up behind you (sometimes id forget she was gone and automatically say hi elks, then youd turn around realise she wasnt there and remember she had passed) Elkie died at age 14 from complications of her degenerative myelopathy

• Like 4

I had a pacific parotlet that rode on my shoulder everywhere I would go. Unfortunately we were a little too comfortable together and one day I accidently crushed him :(. That was years ago but to this day I will occasionaly feel him on my left shoulder. Also he used to run along the back of my sofa while I would watch TV and for a long time i would find a green feather there once in a while, even after I got a new couch (this hasn't happened for 4 or 5 years now). I've never seen him him though unless you count my dreams where he is with me often.

Parrotlet%20-%20Baby%20Green%20Male.jpg

• Like 2

When I lived in California, some friends told me about when their great dane died, her ghost appeared in the hallway. Joann said the sight of the dog was so realistic, that she stepped over the ghostly dog on her way to the bathroom, just like she'd done when the dog was alive.

• Like 2

When I lived in California, some friends told me about when their great dane died, her ghost appeared in the hallway. Joann said the sight of the dog was so realistic, that she stepped over the ghostly dog on her way to the bathroom, just like she'd done when the dog was alive.

Lady Kasey, that is exactly.. what happened to me... EXACTLY! I stepped aside for the dog to pass. When I took two more steps into the hallway, I remembered my dog was gone and when I turned, there was nothing there. I was five and still clearly remember it.

• Like 1

I've seen the ghost of two dogs and one cat.

Lady Kasey, that is exactly.. what happened to me... EXACTLY! I stepped aside for the dog to pass. When I took two more steps into the hallway, I remembered my dog was gone and when I turned, there was nothing there. I was five and still clearly remember it.

I saw my cat, then I looked around the room. When I looked back, there was nothing there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have seen the ghost of my cat when I was about seven, I was just sitting and suddenly my cats ghost came from underneath the couch (where he used the lie down and sleep sometimes) and walked slowly towards the hallway. It happend fast but I can remember it vividly :)

After death, my cat would come back, bang, bang, bang on the latch of the ceiler door to open it, as she did in life. Door would open, but never saw her come into the room. My dog, (Her ghost) a border collie-- damn good dogs-- stepped in front of my sister and I as we were about to step out of a blind alley and a car was speddng at us. We would have been hit. We thought the car hit the dog, but there was nothing there.

• Like 2

i see and feel my dog in my dreams. in my dreams, its not like he never left, but i see him and i know he is back for a little while. also, i can feel a presence sometimes when i put my hand down while walking and he would put his head under it.

• 5 weeks later...

My pet cat I had when I was around 7/8 years old, was sadly run over and killed. A few times after he died I "saw" him on my bedroom floor at night...he actually meowed once before disappearing.

It sort of sounds daft to me now but it was and still is comforting to think that my little Mischief was still hanging around.

A person had twin cats & one died, & they took an aura photo of the remaining cat & the picture showed the deceased twin cat standing next to the living one. I saw the original photo & it looked real.

• Like 1

I was at my fathers house the other day and from the corner of my eye I would swear he had a basset hound in his lap. he was half asleep in his favorite chair watching TV with one hand on my friend to the left,( who passed last November) who was in his lap looking at me. I took two steps thinking how did he managed to fit in that chair , then realized what I thought I saw, took a step back and did a double take but when I looked straight at them only dad was there looking at me. ( Mr. MaGee was a big basset when he passed seventy five pounds he was a big dog with short legs

What? " dad asked I told him and he shrugged and smiles and said "no one here but me."

I had a couple of experiences after a previous pet passed away (Pippin) an experience that I believe to be astral in which I was attacked by that previous pet. A couple days before it happened I dreamed about him and he was traveling with a snow white basset hound puppy and was happy and came to say so in the dream. then a couple days later I think I was out of body and I was attacked by the pet or something that looked like the pet and when I snapped back I had red marks on my leg as if bitten several times. one mark was actually bleeding and I still have a scar on that one bloody mark that opens and bleeds on occasion

and I still believe the first dog we ever had came back (about two weeks after his death,) one night and scratched at the window. I got out of bed and went to the window ( I saw him as clearly then as I see the computer screen now ) and told him he was dead and he needed to go wherever dogs went after they died. his head and his tail drooped and it hurt so bad that I tried to open the window and let him in but the window refused to open. it didn't even bother me a the time that the dog was four feet off the ground. after several moments I gave up and went back to bed and to sleep.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

My cat was was diagnosed with lymphoma five months ago and I had him treated via chemo. He seems to be doing well until a month ago when the cancer came back with a vengeance. I waited until the last possible minute to finally put him down. I am waiting to see if his ghost come around....

• 4 weeks later...

No, but right after my bird died, I found a glass wing in my backyard. Either coincidence, or bird trying to tell me something :)