Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Has anyone else ever saw the ghost of a pet ?

paranormal sightings

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I have had several experiences with the paranormal and spirits most all of them involve sounds and such that could never be explained.  None of them ever involved full apparitions; that is, except for seeing the full apparitions of two of my pets that had passed over.

Neither of these apparitions has been frightening.  The first occurred when I was a child of about five or six.  I had recently lost a very beloved border collie.  When I observed this figure, I actually believed my dog was still alive.  However I later found out because he had become so over protective of me he had and would bite anyone who came near me that he deemed a threat; alas, even our mailman would not come on the entire street if I was playing outside.  It was only as an adult my mother informed me that she had, in fact, lied to me about finding him another home.  She felt she needed to put the dog down because of him being a threat to others.

What I saw was in no way frightening but it is still my reaction to the situation that makes me know it was real.  Again  I was about 5 and going down our hallway to the bedrooms.  My dog came in the hallway from the living room and passed by me.  It was so normal and happened so fast, it didn't even dawn on me that he was gone.  My reaction which I will never forget was to move over for him to the side of the hallway to allow him to pass and I just kept on walking a few feet when it hit me, my dog was no longer in my house.  I turned and of course he was gone.

I had a similar experience just a short time ago.  I had just entered a bedroom of my house when my dog (deceased) came up behind me and walked by me into the room.  Again, I just moved over slightly for him to pass and coontinued walking to the dresser in the room.  Delayed reaction again!   When reality hit me, I turned and there was no animal present .  Nothing in the room.

Nothing scary, I just shook my head and was really pleased  I had been given two chances to realize they were still with me.

Anyone else experience anything like this.

#2    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,450 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Funnily enough, there's a thread on just this topic here --> http://www.unexplain...topic=237256= cat  ghost&st=0, where as you can see, others do seem to ahve reported similar things.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hilander has I think

#4    Kambambaluckabam

Kambambaluckabam

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Yes, I had a dog a german shepherd when i was little but when i moved i had to give her to my grandma she died of cancer, the dog not my grandma, when i was ten.  Now I hear her bark and see her on the dirt road my grandparents live on.

Edited by Kambambaluckabam, 18 January 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#5    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

I had a dream the other night. My spirit dog. (may she RIP) came and licked my hands. Was tactile and so beautifully vivid.

#6    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• 1,026 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

I replied to you personally but I also have to post that I have had this type of dream..  You don't ever forget the feel of that "touch".. It is something to cherish forever... or until we met them again.

#7    SubjectDigamma

SubjectDigamma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

My cat nuff said

#8    xXSolemnDemonXx

xXSolemnDemonXx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

I have seen the ghost of my old cat. When I was little, I frequently saw ghosts and angels. I saw the ghost of my cat after he died. I have also had dreams of him coming back to my house and telling me he's ok, in a sense.

#9    mace13

mace13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I believe I saw an apparition of a cat. I'm not sure which cat though as three had lived/died here before this. I'll try not to make this too long.

My brother and his wife lived here where I do now for a few years prior to me moving in. They had two cats. One became sick and was having liver problems and eventually had to be put down because they couldn't do anything for him. Then after a few years they moved out and I moved in. I had four kittens that were a month or two old at the time. They all became sick and even after trips to the vet two still eventually died. The second one to die passed away in the bathroom because that's where I was keeping them at the time.

So about 3 or 4 years later I'm getting ready for work one morning and I go to the bathroom to take a shower. My one cat "Gaz", who was a sister to the two kittens who passed away, would always go in the bathroom and sit/lay on the toliet lid while I would get ready for work. The toliet is straight across from the bathtub. I had only been in the shower a couple minutes. And I was facing away from the shower head. I happened to look down and through the shower curtain I saw a grayish patch/blob? moving along the floor vertically just next to the bathtub. It would have been movng towards the shower head as I was facing away from it. At first I thought it was just water running down the shower curtain. But then quickly realized that it wasn't. As i'm watching this my cat Gaz is laying on the toilet lid facing the same direction that the gray patch/blob was moving. As soon as it got in her peripheral vision she apparently noticed it to because she quickly turned her head and looked right at it. And after she did that it just faded away.  I've never seen it again.  It is my belief that that was in fact one of the cats that had passed away here. Most likely the one that passed away in the bathroom.

Edited by mace13, 19 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#10    lizt

lizt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

I have seen two of our nine deceased cats.  One was when i was wrapping xmas presents in front of the fire and she was sat by the front door, i did a double take and she was gone. She died age 13 of liver cancer.  The other cat a big ginger tom i saw walk down the hall..i followed him to see where he went and he sort of faded out as i watched. He died age 24 of renal failure.   We've also heard one of our dogs after she passed. she was a white german shepherd with DM, so she had a very distinctive sound to her walk on our hard floors. Dogs with DM drag their back feet so its a scuffle of toe nails type sound. For about a year after she passed  you would hear her coming up behind you (sometimes id forget she was gone and automatically say hi elks, then youd turn around realise she wasnt there and remember she had passed)  Elkie died at age 14 from complications of her degenerative myelopathy

#11    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,861 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I had a pacific parotlet that rode on my shoulder everywhere I would go.  Unfortunately we were a little too comfortable together and one day I accidently crushed him :(.  That was years ago but to this day I will occasionaly feel him on my left shoulder.  Also he used to run along the back of my sofa while I would watch TV and for a long time  i would find a green feather there once in a while, even after I got a new couch (this hasn't happened for 4 or 5 years now).  I've never seen him him though unless you count my dreams where he is with me often.
Posted Image

#12    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,798 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

When I lived in California, some friends told me about when their great dane died, her ghost appeared in the hallway. Joann said the sight of the dog was so realistic, that she stepped over the ghostly dog on her way to the bathroom, just like she'd done when the dog was alive.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#13    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• 1,026 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 20 February 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

When I lived in California, some friends told me about when their great dane died, her ghost appeared in the hallway. Joann said the sight of the dog was so realistic, that she stepped over the ghostly dog on her way to the bathroom, just like she'd done when the dog was alive.

Lady Kasey, that is exactly.. what happened to me... EXACTLY!  I stepped aside for the dog to pass.  When I took two more steps into the hallway, I remembered my dog was gone and when I turned, there was nothing there.  I was five and still clearly remember it.

#14    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

I've seen the ghost of two dogs and one cat.

#15    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,753 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

I have not sir.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users