Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Has anyone else ever saw the ghost of a pet ?

paranormal sightings

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16    xXSolemnDemonXx

xXSolemnDemonXx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostDuncansmom, on 20 February 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Lady Kasey, that is exactly.. what happened to me... EXACTLY!  I stepped aside for the dog to pass.  When I took two more steps into the hallway, I remembered my dog was gone and when I turned, there was nothing there.  I was five and still clearly remember it.

I saw my cat, then I looked around the room. When I looked back, there was nothing there.

#17    jmellio

jmellio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

My golden retriever comes to me in my dreams a lot, it is so comforting :)

#18    Daniquee

Daniquee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I have seen the ghost of my cat when I was about seven, I was just sitting and suddenly my cats ghost came from underneath the couch (where he used the lie down and sleep sometimes) and walked slowly towards the hallway. It happend fast but I can remember it vividly :)

#19    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

We had a cockatiel for half of my life, he lived to around 26 before we had to put him to sleep last May due to deteriorating health, his organs had begun to shut down one by one, simply through old age. He led a good life (26 is realll old for a cockatiel!), and we'd actually took him in from an abused background where he started out as very cautious and not tame at all to his final days, where he was a very tame and loving animal. Even though I had spent a fortune on medicine/vets bills and did everything I could to make his last months as comfortable as possible, I still felt really guilty that I had to make that decision to end his life. I had held it off for as long as I could but there came a point his time was up and medicine could do nothing to help him, his lungs began to fail and he had breathing difficulties. It all happened so fast, one minute he was fine and the next he was being rushed to the vet.

Anyway, whilst I knew it was his time to go and even though I have an overwhelming belief for the afterlife based on so many experiences, I felt guilty about it. He had been a great companion, we shared a lot of great memories, and I had worked so hard to get him to trust me gradually over the years to show him that I wasn't like the abusers who had him previously, the only life he had known. Once we got home after him being put to sleep, I began to gather up his toys and clean out his cage, I left my room (where he was most happiest and spent a lot of his time), I closed the door behind me and then could hear the exact twittering sound he used to make when he was happy, from inside the room. It was also heard by my mom at the time but we didn't say anything, just look at one another. This happened around an hour later too when I was thinking about him and shedding some tears.

Just for the skeptics, anyone who knows cockatiels know they sound nothing like your typical garden birds, he had his own distinct unmistakable twitter and that's what we heard. I like to think he was letting me know that he was okay and that I shouldn't feel guilty because he was happy. Probably one of the most touching moments in my life. I later had a rather emotional and unexpected encounter with him in a vivid meditation but that's another story for another day :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by The Skater Boy, 31 March 2013 - 07:20 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#20    Yinarchy

Yinarchy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 154 posts

• Matriarch of the Erie

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

After death, my cat would come back, bang, bang, bang on the latch of the ceiler door to open it, as she did in life. Door would open, but never saw her come into the room. My dog, (Her ghost) a border collie-- damn good dogs-- stepped in front of my sister and I as we were about to step out of a blind alley and a car was speddng at us. We would have been hit. We thought the car hit the dog, but there was nothing there.

#21    jmellio

jmellio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

i see and feel my dog in my dreams. in my dreams, its not like he never left, but i see him and i know he is back for a little while.  also, i can feel a presence sometimes when i put my hand down while walking and he would put his head under it.

#22    Calien

Calien

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

My pet cat I had when I was around 7/8 years old, was sadly run over and killed. A few times after he died I "saw" him on my bedroom floor at night...he actually meowed once before disappearing.

It sort of sounds daft to me now but it was and still is comforting to think that my little Mischief was still hanging around.

#23    Perfection

Perfection

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

A person had twin cats & one died, & they took an aura photo of the remaining cat & the picture showed the deceased twin cat standing next to the living one. I saw the original photo & it looked real.

#24    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

I was at my fathers house the other day and from the corner of my eye I would swear he had a basset hound in his lap. he was half asleep in his favorite chair watching TV with one hand on my friend to the left,( who passed last November) who was in his lap looking at me. I took two steps  thinking how did he managed to fit in that chair , then realized what  I thought I saw, took a step back and did a double take but when I looked straight at them only dad was there looking at me.  ( Mr. MaGee was a big basset when he passed   seventy five pounds he was  a big dog with short legs
What? " dad asked  I told him and he shrugged and smiles and said  "no one here but me."
  I had a couple of experiences after a previous  pet passed away (Pippin) an experience that I believe to be astral  in which I was attacked by that previous pet. A couple days before it happened   I dreamed about him and he was traveling with a snow white basset hound puppy and was happy and came to say so in the dream. then a couple days later I think I was out of body and I was attacked by the pet or something that looked like the pet and when I snapped back I had red marks on my leg as if bitten several times. one mark  was actually bleeding and I still have a scar on that one bloody mark that opens and bleeds on occasion
and I still believe the first dog we ever had came back (about two weeks after his death,) one night and scratched at the window. I got out of bed and went to the window ( I saw him as clearly then as I see the computer screen now ) and told him he was dead and he needed to  go wherever dogs went after they died.  his head and his tail drooped and  it hurt so bad that I  tried to open the window and let him in but the window refused to open. it didn't even bother me a the time that the dog was four feet off the ground. after several moments I gave up and went back to bed and to sleep.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 07 May 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#25    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

My cat was was diagnosed with lymphoma five months ago and I had him treated via chemo. He seems to be doing well until a month ago when the cancer came back with a vengeance. I waited until the last possible minute to finally put him down. I am waiting to see if his ghost come around....

#26    Shiro

Shiro

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

No, but right after my bird died, I found a glass wing in my backyard. Either coincidence, or bird trying to tell me something :)

#27    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,467 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

My dog was a black female German shepherd and knew her since she was a small puppy. She was old when she passed over and I was devastated. Today when I think of her I still cry. This was more than a decade ago. Two months after she died, I suffered a bad type of pneumonia and had to stay in bed for a couple of weeks. I didn't have the ability to walk. I struggled to the bathroom and kitchen. It was winter and had all the windows sealed, curtains drawn, heating on, tucke din bed watching TV. I started getting faint and then I found myself standing up beside my bed, looking at the window. It was open and a warm breeze came in. I wanted to leave the illness behind me and felt like going out there when I was woken by a dog in my bedroom. I opened my eyes and was back in bed again, listening to a dog panting and running , like dogs do when they're happy to see you. I thought someone had come into the house bringing a dog. I sat up and the noise stopped. No sign of a dog. I had energy back all of a sudden again as I was able to get up and look around the house. There wasn't anyone else there. The door was locked inside. What?

I've seen a phantom cat twice in the corridor. It doesn't look like my former cat who died ages ago but looks like another cat I raised, who's still alive but now with a relative.

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#28    born2run

born2run

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• "I am afeared there are few die well that die in battle".
    King Henry V,Act IV. Scene i.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

My two 200 lb. Newfoundlands, seem to have adopted the original "Newf" I had and seeing the two visible ones is or can be a rought time if both decide  "you",  so to speak, are the "playtoy" at any particular moment in time, add "something" else that has weight, size, etc but can't be seen, and all 3, well, 2 one can see, can literally destroy a freshly cleaned room :cry: . Perhaps might have been abetter choice to have goten if I knew "some" might be showing back up but since I have the dogs, I can only fear I don't start "collecting" them, pardon the pun. :w00t:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :no:

#29    DoubtfulFire495

DoubtfulFire495

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

When I moved to my current house at 12 years old, our cat Trudy was my baby. She would sleep with me almost every night and I would leave my bedroom door cracked for her. Sometimes I'd feel her come in, 'cause I would half-rouse from sleep at the feeling of her walking on my bed, breathing in my ear, purring, etc. It became a sign of comfort to me. Sometimes I'd look up and pet her, sometimes I'd just fall right back asleep. Well, eventually I began to notice it wasn't always Trudy.

Some nights when I felt the little cat feet walking on my bed, I would look up to greet her only to find there was nothing there. I didn't think anything of this at first, but I think subconsciously I started to check every time I felt or heard her. Usually it was just Trudy. However, some nights there would be the walking on the bed, a slight purring noise, breath in my ear, and I'd look around only to find nothing there. I'd call for her, listen, etc. and get nothing in response. It really freaked me out at first. On two different occasions, I was actually awake laying on my bed doing whatever and I'd feel the pawprints. I'd look up, watch as the blankets indented with each step of a kitty, but nothing was there. It scared the crap out of me.

As the years went by, I continued to get visits from what I jokingly dubbed the 'ghost kitty'. I believe there to be at least two other spirits in my house, the darker of which frequents my bedroom (which is why I now sleep downstairs on the couch most nights). I can feel them watching, staring, or hear footsteps plain as day in my bedroom. But then I feel or hear the 'ghost kitty' and I feel so much calmer, like the heaviness in the room would just lift. It comes and puffs little breaths or purrs in my ear, and sometimes I feel it lay down and stay a while. I really came to no longer fear its presence.

What really confirmed it for me was the visual experience I had. I've never seen a spirit before, only ever heard things and only in this house, so I don't consider myself the paranoid, pointing-fingers type. Last month, though, everything seemed to be more active. Footsteps every night, creaks, knocks on doors, breathing (these are the experiences of everyone in my house, not just me). My stepdad saw a woman in the kitchen, then she disappeared - this is the first and only time anyone has seen anything in the house. One random day last month, I passed by our laundry room and out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was a cat. At first thinking it was Trudy, I turned to glance at her, only to see for the briefest moment the outline of a cat. It was transparent, nothing solid, no mist or colors, yet I could see the distinct lines of a head, ears, tail, and legs. I could see it because it appeared sort of wavy, like when you see heat rising off the ground in summer, but this wasn't just a wall of heat - it was a distinct shape. And no sooner had I seen it did it disappear.

I definitely believe I have the spirit of a cat in my house. I consider it a friend and protector, because when the other crap in my house freaks me out it shows up and calms me down. It usually just chills with me.

Edited by DoubtfulFire495, 10 August 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#30    shaunalynn

shaunalynn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I've had a lot of pet deaths in my life because, as my parents put it, we get the dogs that need us. Even though they've not been with us long, they were brought in our lives because we could take care of them.

All my dogs (I've now had four that have passed in my life) have come back to tell me they were ok in some form. My first two dogs would come in dreams often, and they've all to an extent have come back in other dogs. Little idiosyncracies that we notice.

Four months ago I adopted my own dog (before that all the dogs have lived with my parents) and two months after that, my golden retriever had to be put down. I had had her in my life since I was 13 and she was 11. She was old and had cancer and tumors, but she lived a long life considering how sick she was as a baby. Lots of surgeries prematurely aged her, but she bounced back every time. The last 6 months were really hard because we could see she was starting to head out and she wasn't as perky as she once was. But she never showed it. She always wagged her tail and always interacted with you. My little sister and I came home as often as we could and would say our goodbyes to her every time we saw her and would tell her "If you are ready, it's ok, you can go. We love you so much." We prepared ourselves for months for that moment. But we all wished that we weren't going to have to make the decision to put her down, we hoped she would just fall asleep.

Her final week, I visited her on Sunday, and said my goodbyes not knowing that would be the last time I saw her but knowing she probably wouldn't make it the month, and my little sister saw her that Tuesday and said her goodbyes. That Friday evening mom and dad took her to the vet to put her down. They were sad, my dad was choking back sobs (which mom has NEVER seen him do, but the golden was his baby) and she stayed with her while they administered the shot. She said after that she looked beautiful and peaceful. Not old and sick.
The entire vet staff was crying. They'd known her since she was a baby as well, and she was a hard one to not love.
So even though I expected the news, I still laid on the couch with my pup and cried.

Three days later, I took my pup to get groomed, and after walked him around the pet store to get him a toy. He beelined for a toy that looked like a green dog. I knew we had it at my parents house, but he never played with it there. I picked it up and he got excited and wanted it, so I bought it for him. When I sent a picture to my family of him and his new toy, my sister wrote back "That was Sam's (golden) favorite toy!". I like to think that was her way of letting me know she was ok and that she wanted him to have something special.

I know my pup was brought in my life to help me get through this, but I'm also comforted knowing my golden liked him, too. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users