Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Pacific Rim (2013)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

The jury is out for me, too much shaky cam and too much like Cloverfield for my liking.

But with Del Toro at the helm and my childhood love for Kaiju will undoubtedly be enough to drag me into the theatres. Who knows?!

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#2    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,359 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

........ seizures ........ migraines ......... blindness .......

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#3    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Looks like it's a hell of a movie...I'll definitely watch it, when it comes to Greece!!!

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Del Toro is a master at his craft, and that movie looks insanely good to me even though that was a teaser. It may not just be all jerky camera motions that might have just been the teaser to give a taste.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Why do monsters hate bridges?

I swear, every "Massive Monster Film" I've seen involves the monster destroying a bridge.

Duck for christ's sake!!

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#6    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,778 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Looks like this could be good.

#7    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Is this supposed to be based on an anime series, film or game? Cause it's very Japanese. lol

I love the way the elbow part has a huge engine for adding thrust into the punch. LOL

Looks really good. Proper guy film though. lol

Godzilla vs Transformers....

Edited by Coffey, 18 December 2012 - 04:55 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#8    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,778 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Lol, totally Godzilla vs Transformers.

#9    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

LOooks Extremely good :yes: :yes:

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#10    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,778 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Aye but I hope it's not another case of 'trailer is more exciting than film' syndrome.

#11    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Del Toro is one of my all time favorite directors so im anxiously waiting for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users