Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US Birth Rate Hits New Low

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Except for Africa and parts of the ME the world's demographics is either stagnant or in decline or soon to be in decline due to GOV intervention(China).

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#32    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,401 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

View Postacidhead, on 08 December 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

Except for Africa and parts of the ME the world's demographics is either stagnant or in decline or soon to be in decline due to GOV intervention(China).
And yet it is still rising globally with a predicted peak of 10billion by 2050.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#33    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 07 December 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

When you say build taller skyscrapers.
Is it desirable to have denser populations?

I believe we have up to 70% of the worlds population living in cities with the other 30% living in rural areas. Now, with an increased density of population, the likelihood of a supervirus increases. It's natures knee jerk reaction to too many people in one place.

In Africs, we have people having babies when they can't even support what they already have. Some countries out there almost have 50% of the population under 18 years of age. Oh and these days representatives don't really represent as much as they used to.

Do you further think it is desireable to have huge populations?

We are already stretched for resources in some areas and now 3rd world countries have been getting a but richer while having huge populations the consumption of resources has increased exponentially.

Of course I agree with making choices to build around the problem as ive been advocating that through many of my posts. Proclaiming education and such to communities and the like.

I think that world "desirable" isn't worth discussing in this case.
You can philosophize about it. But it won't change the inevitable reality that population will increase.
Some ppl like denser population, others don't.
It's not about thinking in terms we live in now and adding a bunch of ppl on to it (which would of course cause a lot of problems, take traffic for instance). But the world evolves along with population increase. (the whole concept of traffic will change, to build further on the example)

Edited by Render, 08 December 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#34    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,764 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostRender, on 08 December 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

I think that world "desirable" isn't worth discussing in this case.
You can philosophize about it. But it won't change the inevitable reality that population will increase.
Some ppl like denser population, others don't.
It's not about thinking in terms we live in now and adding a bunch of ppl on to it (which would of course cause a lot of problems, take traffic for instance). But the world evolves along with population increase. (the whole concept of traffic will change, to build further on the example)

With that the chance of a super virus, as mentioned before, increases as well. I don't think that is a good thing at all.

#35    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,534 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 08 December 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

And yet it is still rising globally with a predicted peak of 10billion by 2050.

Br Cornelius
you're projecting short term.. I'm talking long term.... the global average is declining

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#36    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,401 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

View Postacidhead, on 09 December 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

you're projecting short term.. I'm talking long term.... the global average is declining
Almost all of the environmental damage took place from the 1970's to now. A period of 40 years when population went from about 4billion to 7billion. Populations are set to rise over the next 40 years by a further 3 billion. There is more than enough time to finish the ecosystem off through population pressure.

It matters not a jot that after 2050 populations decline - the damage will be done and it will take thousands of years to repair. All the environmental crisis we currently face are mearly symptoms of this.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#37    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,377 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm only addressing the US in this post.   I think as much as we need to address the birth rate, we need to address who is having the babies.  The less educated (inner city, white trash, criminals, illegals) have the highest birth rates.  If the children are not brought up to be good citizens, it compounds the problem.  It's not just a case of a families financial situation, but obviousely it is a factor.
Would it be wrong to offer $200 and a free vasectomy to each man who applies for unemployment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users