Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mother takes aim at Texas teacher

boyd bucks

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

• “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

You guys are being over sensitive.

You make it seem like the teacher was actively being cruel.  She probably assumed the child was faking it like most do. It's not an unreasonable thing to think. She was not like "mwuaha humiliate yourself because you do not have enough fake money".

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#17    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostKazoo, on 03 December 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

You guys are being over sensitive.

You make it seem like the teacher was actively being cruel.  She probably assumed the child was faking it like most do. It's not an unreasonable thing to think. She was not like "mwuaha humiliate yourself because you do not have enough fake money".

If you were a parent who was educated about the dangers of not allowing a child to go to the washroom, you would understand why we are reacting the way we are.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#18    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 03 December 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

If you were a parent who was educated about the dangers of not allowing a child to go to the washroom, you would understand why we are reacting the way we are.

If you we're a teacher educated about the behavior of students you would understand why the teacher is not at fault.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#19    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostKazoo, on 03 December 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

If you we're a teacher educated about the behavior of students you would understand why the teacher is not at fault.

I have been friends with a teacher for years.  You don't take a chance that a kid might be wanting to get out of class just to make a point.  silly, silly teacher

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#20    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 03 December 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

I have been friends with a teacher for years.  You don't take a chance that a kid might be wanting to get out of class just to make a point.  silly, silly teacher

Really? I've seen teachers do it all the time. This teacher was just on the wrong side of the deal.  Kids can't just leave when they please. If a teacher did not say no enough kids would be going to the bathroom more then they learn.

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

View PostKazoo, on 03 December 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

If a teacher did this in NY,they would be suspend at the very least,if not fired.
It's a form of abuse to not let a child go to the bathroom .

Miss me?

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

View PostKazoo, on 03 December 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

Really? I've seen teachers do it all the time. This teacher was just on the wrong side of the deal.  Kids can't just leave when they please. If a teacher did not say no enough kids would be going to the bathroom more then they learn.
My best friend is a nyc teacher with the board of ed here . It's not allowed ..in civilized cities anyway .

Miss me?

#23    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 04 December 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

My best friend is a nyc teacher with the board of ed here . It's not allowed ..in civilized cities anyway .

Your not allowed to say "No" when a kid ask to go to the bathroom?

I find this incredibly hard to belief.

#24    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostKazoo, on 04 December 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Your not allowed to say "No" when a kid ask to go to the bathroom?

I find this incredibly hard to belief.
For students in classes that only last 45 minutes,yes,the teachers can say no,as those students are older ,but little kids,,like this one was,where its one class all day long ,they are supposed to let them go when they ask .

Miss me?

#25    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

The teacher was at fault for not letting the child go to the restroom, for she had the authority.

However, like Kazoo mentioned, it's not as if the teacher was going out of her own way for the sake of cruelty. Kids, even back in my day (feels weird saying that, I'm only 22, going on 23) would lie claiming they needed the toilet, and then waste most of the lesson either in the toilets or wandering about the premises. I did it myself, once or twice. So, we see both sides of the story.

I think you're both more or less on the same page, Simbi/Kazoo.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#26    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 05 December 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

For students in classes that only last 45 minutes,yes,the teachers can say no,as those students are older ,but little kids,,like this one was,where its one class all day long ,they are supposed to let them go when they ask .

Ok so give the less intelligent and less mature children more control.  You just don't let kids go whenever they ask.  And any teacher of any age group has the right to say no to children.

These kids still have lunch and special classes like "computer" and "art" with different teachers there.  She easily could of said no because her logic was "He could of gone during lunch." She has no power there.  She did nothing wrong other then restrain a child from going to the bathroom. If he can't hold it well then sucks for him.

Edited by Kazoo, 05 December 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#27    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,712 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Teachers know which students are prone to goofing off and asking to go to the bathroom just to get out of class. It's not rocket science and unless this student was habitual he should have been allowed to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users