Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Where are the Ron Paul Supporters?

ron paul

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 23,867 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

To listen to the Ron Paul supporters during the primaries, you'd think there were tens of millions of RP followers just waiting to act. Yet, when it came time to act, seamingly they did not act, and RP fell off the map. If his followers are so numerous, I think we'll see some real action from them soon.

Just look at Egypt... Morsi basically made himself dictator, but then a tiny vocal minority acted up and stormed the palace in protests, and now he's given back most of his dictator powers. Maybe that is what needs to go on in the USA? People need to go down to Washington DC and swarm the public areas in protest of whatever it is that is bothering them. Even just tens of thousands can make the politicians perk up and look for someone to point fingers at, or maybe.... even drive them to action.

Edited by DieChecker, 09 December 2012 - 09:53 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#17    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,961 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 09 December 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Ive never heard that. Him becoming president WAS the revolution.

During the election the phrase "Paul or Revolution" popped up here several times. People declaring that if Paul didn't become president they would rise up and make him president. Yet nothing happened.

View PostLegaia, on 09 December 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I like the "down south" dig that you threw in there. That's laughable at best. Think for yourself and stop letting the media brainwash you. His movement is widespread, friend. His strongest supporters come from the college campuses, known by stereotypers as "liberal havens".

Down south...as in south of the border. As in millions of Americans aren't marching on Washington to install Paul as god-emperor by force. Look at my location and you'll understand. There was no dig.

Edited by Corp, 10 December 2012 - 04:59 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#18    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

  • Member
  • 12,665 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in the depths of my mind

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostCorp, on 10 December 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

During the election the phrase "Paul or Revolution" popped up here several times. People declaring that if Paul didn't become president they would rise up and make him president. Yet nothing happened.
.

I never heard that, and Im one of the folks that led the charge. The only phrase I heard was "Ron Paul or no one at all". Meaning we werent just going to vote for the party if he didnt get the nod.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#19    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 23,867 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I thought the Revolution was going to be at the Convention when supposedly the Ron Paul supporters that were there sworn to someone else were going to revolt and vote for RP.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#20    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 15,247 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 09 December 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

To listen to the Ron Paul supporters during the primaries, you'd think there were tens of millions of RP followers just waiting to act. Yet, when it came time to act, seamingly they did not act, and RP fell off the map. If his followers are so numerous, I think we'll see some real action from them soon.

Just look at Egypt... Morsi basically made himself dictator, but then a tiny vocal minority acted up and stormed the palace in protests, and now he's given back most of his dictator powers. Maybe that is what needs to go on in the USA? People need to go down to Washington DC and swarm the public areas in protest of whatever it is that is bothering them. Even just tens of thousands can make the politicians perk up and look for someone to point fingers at, or maybe.... even drive them to action.
I think a lot of his "support" was from Democrats who had no intention of voting for him in an election, but just loved uncle Ron and what he said about the other Republicans so long as he wasn't winning the race.   When it smelled like he was actually winning, the long knives came out in the media and they eviscerated his name.   Happened for a period in both 2007 and 2011.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#21    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

  • Member
  • 12,665 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in the depths of my mind

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 13 December 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

I thought the Revolution was going to be at the Convention when supposedly the Ron Paul supporters that were there sworn to someone else were going to revolt and vote for RP.

They got shut out. Rules changed. One group of Ron Paul supporters were on a bus that kept circling the place till after the votes were cast. They stuck it to him.

Edited by preacherman76, 14 December 2012 - 11:20 AM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#22    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,689 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

We never went away lol. But wait if the tv news stations do not broadcast about us then we must not be around anymore 0_0 lol. You can listen to the tv if you want.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami





Also tagged with ron paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users