Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will we see a future without war ?

Saru

Sweet... So, in a time where our economies are in the toilet, most major governments are influenced by religious extremism of one type or another, weapons are the most technologically advanced they've ever been (simmer down, ancient aliens guys), and we are quickly running out of our natural resources on a planet that is heating up due to global warming (simmer down, global warming conspiracy theorists) we, for the first time in our existence as a species, will be giving peace a chance! Great news! :)

There's always some killjoy that trips me up...

I believe I covered all the bases in not as many words.

But I did say that the aliens could fix it. Unpopular as it seems.

I was actually being non-specific about what aliens I'm talking about.

I'll give you two guesses and one of them isn't grey.

But let's focus on one problem at the time.

Like getting rid of the cancer called war for starters.

I have to agree that war will not end. Populations are supposed to double by 2050. And fuel (Other then coal) is supposed to become in short supply too. And supposedly the oceans will rise a couple meters. So there will be more people, with less land and with less transportation. Poverty will probably increase in those cases, and when poverty increases war sometimes follows. Not to mention that food will eventually start to be harder to get and transport. There will always be a nation of Have Nots who will envy and attack their more prosperous neighbors.

As to the one world government. "War" will end, because they will simply call it civil unrest and rioting, in the government news blog. But conflicts will keep on till every human is dead.

I doubt it.

As long as their are 2 people alive, someone will want someone dead.

I doubt it as long as I'm one of the remaining two.

Look at all the recourses we've got and there's more than enough to share.

Unless the other person is a fellow man and the resources have basically withered on the vine.

In short a parched wasteland due to the rigours of war.

Then we will end up killing each other in a suicide pact.

When you know it's curtains up for the human race there's no other possible action.

There's no point being a martyr.

Edited by Walnut Whip

A political science professor has conducted a study suggesting that conflicts will halve by 2050.

I think he's very naive.

As my teacher always said to me not in your life time. :yes:

Short answer to the title question: No.

• Like 1

The lillywhites have to got make more of an effort so change can be effected.

And when they achieve this goal the world should be the utopia everybody is striving for.

I sound like some idealistic dreamer.

When you say 'lillywhites', who exactly do you mean?

Never mind full-blown wars between countries or major disturbances between different factions in a single country, what about the devastation caused by just a handful of people on 9/11? America can distance itself from 'hand-to-hand' fighting with it's use of drones etc, but it'll never stop really determined individuals from wreaking havoc on it's citizens on homeland soil.

Religion =/= War

Stupidity + Greed = War

Edited by DieChecker

Hahah Thats a Good one. We will Never see Life without War. Know Why? Because People don't like People. And when Nations dont like Nations **** happens

When you say 'lillywhites', who exactly do you mean?

A good guy basically.

Somebody on the side of the angels.

In books they are called protagonists.

A good guy basically.

Somebody on the side of the angels.

In books they are called protagonists.

Okay. It's just that 'lilleywhites' has other connotations.

Actual war with people inflicting violence on people? Then yes it can end but it will not stop other forms of battle since we live we are proned to conflict. It just needs somebody clever enough and powerful enough to do so.... good luck.

Okay. It's just that 'lilleywhites' has other connotations.

Correct. It's Preston North End's nickname.

For all the Americans out there that's a soccer team in good old Blighty.

One that dosn't hold good memories for me...

Edited by Walnut Whip

Correct. It's Preston North End's nickname.

For all the Americans out there that's a soccer team in good old Blighty.

One that dosn't hold good memories for me...

Well, it's also the nickname for Tottenham Hotspur F.C. fans, lol ..... but I was thinking of something more sinister. Never mind, you've told me what you do mean and that's what matters.

That's a thought to keep this on track....

Isn't football hooliganism considered an act of war?

Between two crews of opposing footie fans.

War and pestilence are Nature's ways of dealing with overpopulation.

Edited by ealdwita

War and pestilence are Nature's ways of dealing with overpopulation.

And yet when you think of the Earth as a whole, it's not so much 'overpopulated', more that we all need to spread out a lot more :lol:

Not until the Lord Jesus Christ comes back to rule and reign. Then it will stop because no one will be able to impose their will on Him. He will do "all His pleasure". Fortunately He is about love and nurturing, not destruction, so it'll be a pretty sweet deal :)

• Like 1

Chimps, Babboons and Meerkats all go to war with each other for territory when their populations start to expand. It is probably hard wired into our brains.

Having a more peaceful world is possible in th future if we just choose our "humanity" over anything else.

Doubtful, though we may eventually stop fighting each other...

Eventually, but not right now, humans are generally violent in the group consciousness but much less so individually, (the intentionally violent individuals are the real roots of evil)

• Like 1

As long as the status quo stays the same on this planet, we will never live without war. There are to many people who make too much money from war that will do anything to ensure the money keeps flowing.