Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fox chair tried to get Petraeus run for Prezz

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,418 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Washington Post said:

Roger Ailes, the longtime Republican media guru, founder of Fox News and its current chairman, had some advice last year for then-Gen. David H. Petraeus.

So in spring 2011, Ailes asked a Fox News analyst headed to Afghanistan to pass on his thoughts to Petraeus, who was then the commander of U.S. and coalition forces there. Petraeus, Ailes advised, should turn down an expected offer from President Obama to become CIA director and accept nothing less than the chairmanship of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the top military post. If Obama did not offer the Joint Chiefs post, Petraeus should resign from the military and run for president, Ailes suggested.

The Fox News chairman’s message was delivered to Petraeus by Kathleen T. McFarland, a Fox News national security analyst and former national security and Pentagon aide in three Republican administrations. She did so at the end of a 90-minute, unfiltered conversation with Petraeus that touched on the general’s future, his relationship with the media and his political aspirations — or lack thereof. The Washington Post has obtained a digital recording from the meeting, which took place in Petraeus’s office in Kabul.

Read more

Hmmm... if he succeeded, in view of Petraeus' affair, the reactionaries would have grasped right into the Sh@t again.....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

The affair was probably the reason he didn't fathom the idea of running for president.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,799 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I'm sure Ailes realizes he dodged a bullet on THAT one :w00t:   As the saying goes though - who'd a thunk it?  The guy seemed like a boy scout's boy scout.  Just goes to show that the midlife thang can bite almost anyone under the right circumstances (and that's all I got to say about that) :no:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,423 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I think he can kiss that notion goodbye and probably a few others.  Hope it was worth it.

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,418 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postand then, on 04 December 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

I'm sure Ailes realizes he dodged a bullet on THAT one :w00t:   As the saying goes though - who'd a thunk it?  The guy seemed like a boy scout's boy scout.  Just goes to show that the midlife thang can bite almost anyone under the right circumstances (and that's all I got to say about that) :no:

With a less bigot constituency a affair would not matter, see France where Mitterrand's children, both marital and extramarital,  meet for family gatherings and that bothers nobody.

But as long as "character", a propriety seldom found in politicians, seems to be a buzzword for the voter that surely will not change.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users