Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Disclosure and First Contact

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    hybrid33

hybrid33

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• On a journey to find the Truth.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Thanks everyone very much for your input and feedback, it's always very interesting to hear thoughts from a more conscious community! All the best for 2013! :tu:

#32    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,129 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Posthybrid33, on 05 December 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

I'm not going to give my power away to you by letting you suck me into your negative energy. You might as well move onto another thread buddy.
Thank you for proving my point.

Posted Image

#33    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,560 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

View Posthybrid33, on 05 December 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Those that are saying it's the end of the world etc are spreading fear and we don't need to give into any of that.

I agree..... :tu:

Posted Image

#34    Menial Task

Menial Task

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• If we don't die tomorrow, we'll die today.

Remember those who fight in the name of their countries.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Well heck if anything does happen we will find out in pretty short order eh?

#35    hybrid33

hybrid33

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• On a journey to find the Truth.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostMenial Task, on 05 December 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Well heck if anything does happen we will find out in pretty short order eh?

Oh yea, and I'll come back here to talk all about it! :yes:

#36    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

This thread (and particularly that great list from Wiki of dates where the world didn't end) reminds me of a Naked Gun / Frank Drebin quote:

It's like having sex. It's a painstaking and arduous task that seems to go on and on forever, and just when you think things are going your way, nothing happens.

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#37    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

View Posthybrid33, on 04 December 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

I'm wondering if anyone has been keeping up on these topics. There is a lot of activity happening on YouTube. Supposedly various alien beings such as the Piladians, the Galactic Federation, The Galactic Federation of Light and some others are channeling messages through other people via YouTube. Many of them speak about first contact happening from 21 Dec, which is when the quarantine on earth is removed and contact is then allowed to be made.

I was wondering if anyone has heard any of this and what your thoughts are? I've listened to the thoughts of Christians and they believe this contact is being made by Satanistis and that these alien beings could well as work under Satan.

Keen to hear your thoughts.
Sheldan Nidle, who runs the GFL, claimed that back in 1996, 16 million spaceships would decend upon Earth and save us.  Obviously he was wrong.  He still sticks to his story but doesn't give a firm date other than it will happen very soon.  He steals a lot of his buzzwords from Star Trek, such as the Galactic Federation, and replicators etc.  His followers don't seem to mind and they hand him cash so he has lots of time to dream and come up with lame predicitions.
Seems a lot of people believe this upcoming shift in consciousness, awakening, or impending doom, is something new and extraordinary...it's not.
When the Earth was discovered to orbit the Sun it caused major upheaval.  When x-rays were discovered people extrapolated all manner of paranormal interpretations from it.  When telephones were invented some (a lot) of people refused to get them because they believed dead people could phone them.  When camera's came into use some folks thought they were stealing your soul.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#38    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,635 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Well  just a few days left to pack,stk up on some Good Ole Texas B.B.Q and lots of Tequila ! After were all good and Snookered ! And Dec 23rd rolls around We can think up some more crap !
Im all In for a Real E.T Celebration Party Dec 25th Like that guy ? WHats his name? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#39    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,309 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 06 December 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

Sheldan Nidle, who runs the GFL, claimed that back in 1996, 16 million spaceships would decend upon Earth and save us.  Obviously he was wrong.  He still sticks to his story but doesn't give a firm date other than it will happen very soon.  He steals a lot of his buzzwords from Star Trek, such as the Galactic Federation, and replicators etc.  His followers don't seem to mind and they hand him cash so he has lots of time to dream and come up with lame predicitions.
Seems a lot of people believe this upcoming shift in consciousness, awakening, or impending doom, is something new and extraordinary...it's not.
When the Earth was discovered to orbit the Sun it caused major upheaval.  When x-rays were discovered people extrapolated all manner of paranormal interpretations from it.  When telephones were invented some (a lot) of people refused to get them because they believed dead people could phone them.  When camera's came into use some folks thought they were stealing your soul.

Somehow such comes up on a regular basis...one of the incidents I was personally rather fond of was the 200 trillion federation spaceship event...:P

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#40    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,313 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 04 December 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Channeling, YouTube, !!! High quality sources... :td:
lol! :tu:  Yes, whenever Channeling/Psychic and/or YouTube are brought up as sources for ANYTHING it's an automatic fail to anyone with an IQ that reaches triple digits. Add both YouTube and Channeling and it should be a proverbial "slap in your face" to RUN THE OTHER WAY!

View PostRlyeh, on 04 December 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Channeling isn't reliable either.

Wait... Wait.. Wait... It's not?!?! Oh Man! I must rethink my entire existence and stance on everything in life now, THANKS! lol I'm a little sarcastic and rowdy tonight I'm thinking.... :innocent:

#41    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,841 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 06 December 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

... so in effect you're saying that it will in fact be a paradigm shift of some degree or other, then, since all these things you quote shifted the boundaries of knowledge or technology to some extent or other ....

:clap:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#42    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 06 December 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Somehow such comes up on a regular basis...one of the incidents I was personally rather fond of was the 200 trillion federation spaceship event... :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

Unlimited, yes,... I really miss that guy. :lol:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#43    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Post747400, on 06 December 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

... so in effect you're saying that it will in fact be a paradigm shift of some degree or other, then, since all these things you quote shifted the boundaries of knowledge or technology to some extent or other ....

:clap:
I suppose it is.
All the hype over Dec. 21 seems to have "awakened" many people to some extent...at least the ones seeking the truth.  Subjects like the Mayans, astronomy, ET life etc appear to be discussed more.
Of course there's folk that have gone off the wrong direction on it.  The conmen running the fringie groups have enjoyed unprecedented hits on their websites and Youtube channels...translating into cash for them.  I bet many of them disappear on Dec. 22!

Edited by synchronomy, 06 December 2012 - 11:48 AM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#44    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,064 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Posthybrid33, on 04 December 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

I'm not so sure guys and gals. There are millions of universes times millions of galaxies. We'd have to be supremely arrogant to think we're the only ones.
There's a big difference between:

1) Not believing that there is any intelligent out there in the universe.

2) Not believing that on December 21st 2012, aliens will contact humans after channeling people through an Internet video sharing website.

The fact that people are dismissing option 2) does not mean they are arrogant and believe 1).

If believe there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe and I also believe that idea 2) is outright loopy.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users