Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Man Possessed by Gay Demon

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#46    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 December 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

I think the guy must either be delusional (seeing demons) or maybe a demon really is possessing him.

Delusional is most likely. In which case a preacher is the last person he should be seeing.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
We'll just keep on trying till we run out of cake
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#47    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 04 December 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

Delusional is most likely. In which case a preacher is the last person he should be seeing.

From a mental health perspective if the guy trully believes God is real but has 'tasted the forbidden fruit' so to speak then he may well have had some kind of psychotic episode. One where he is actually seeing a demon.

#48    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 December 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

From a mental health perspective if the guy trully believes God is real but has 'tasted the forbidden fruit' so to speak then he may well have had some kind of psychotic episode. One where he is actually seeing a demon.

He should be seeing a mental health professional. Discussing it with a preacher isn't going to help. If anything all it does is enable the delusion and keep it going. The exorcism will just provide a 'quick fix' but the delusion will still be there and could come back.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#49    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 04 December 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

He should be seeing a mental health professional. Discussing it with a preacher isn't going to help. If anything all it does is enable the delusion and keep it going. The exorcism will just provide a 'quick fix' but the delusion will still be there and could come back.

If I am right then a psychologist wont be able to repair the damage because drugs and psychotherapy cant resolve the contradiction between religion and homosexuality. He'd spend years in treatment and come out how he went in.

The preachers exorcism may well fix it at the snap of a finger.

#50    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 December 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

If I am right then a psychologist wont be able to repair the damage because drugs and psychotherapy cant resolve the contradiction between religion and homosexuality. He'd spend years in treatment and come out how he went in.

The preachers exorcism may well fix it at the snap of a finger.

I think all that does is shows that the religion contradiction is a problem, and one that needs to be tackled. We as a society need to confronting the religions that make this contrdiction a problem. We need to start making sure that people stop being harmed by it.Until we man up and do that, people will continue to be harmed.

#51    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 December 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

whether or not it's true that drugs and pychotherapy can't resolve the contradiction between religion and homosexuality, it doesn't mean that they couldn't help bring him to a better understanding of his own place with regard to them. he could very well come out with a whole new understanding of much more than just religion and homosexuality.
your statement here is very weak

#52    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,323 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

If the guy was really possessed wouldn't he be spinning his head around, levitating and puking green stuff everywhere.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#53    Magicjax

Magicjax

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 December 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

I cannot accept that a grown man can't think for himself.

The assumption that a big, nasty, brain-washing preacher has convinced him of this is ludicrus. Its the same as someone who is anti-gay being told religion has brain-washed them. The thing thats missing from your argument is the person logically questioning and deciding what they think themselves.

I understand your point. But there's a flip side. Age does not equal intelligence. No matter what their age or intelligence level. They can still fall victim of brainwashing. This person could, and most likely was told his entire life that homosexuality is an evil thing. But he's also been told that his god will forgive him for anything. So he can do all the "evil" he wishes then be forgiven for it each week. It's not easy to avoid religious persuasion in this country. At this very moment I'm in a car and I see 3 churches out my window at this very moment.

Edited by Magicjax, 05 December 2012 - 02:26 AM.

Man in suit!

Posted Image

#54    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 04 December 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

I think the guy must either be delusional (seeing demons) or maybe a demon really is possessing him.

Do you think that the demon makes him gay?

Posted Image

#55    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

He should get possessed by a straight demon.

#56    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

that demon was not gay, it was clearly transgender (fem to male) and i detected a slight addiction to xanax.. these crazy christians think every demon is gay..  

#57    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Thats violating religious freedom.

View PostTaylor Reints, on 05 December 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Do you think that the demon makes him gay?

Either -
1. The demon is real.
2. The guy is psychotic causing him to hallucinate a demon.

Therefore either some dark demonic force is acting upon him or the delusion is the minds way of trying to get him past his religious mistake.

#58    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

I can't help chuckling at how much like characters from the moview "Deliverence" these guys look like.

As for the "gay demon" - what a mess of a paradigm.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#59    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

mwuahahhahhaha mwuahahahha puwhahahah  this is to funny ! well nothing is impossible :D

#60    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Or maybe he's just gay... so horrible that people have to feel ashamed and be demonised for their sexuality.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users