Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UN Resolut Calls for Israel to Disclose Nukes

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Though the Israeli nuclear weapons arsenal is widely known to exist, neither the nation's government or its key ally, the U.S., will publicly acknowledge the program.

This refusal has long helped Israel avoid acknowledging the hypocrisy of its repeated threats against Iran for its nascent nuclear technology program.

Israel refuses to confirm or deny it has nuclear bombs though it is widely believed to have a nuclear arsenal. It has refused to join the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, or NPT, along with three nuclear weapon states — India, Pakistan and North Korea.
http://www.commondre...ne/2012/12/04-0

How can you criticize other countries for not doing what you refuse to do??

Edited by jugoso, 04 December 2012 - 05:32 PM.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#2    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postjugoso, on 04 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Though the Israeli nuclear weapons arsenal is widely known to exist, neither the nation's government or its key ally, the U.S., will publicly acknowledge the program.

This refusal has long helped Israel avoid acknowledging the hypocrisy of its repeated threats against Iran for its nascent nuclear technology program.

Israel refuses to confirm or deny it has nuclear bombs though it is widely believed to have a nuclear arsenal. It has refused to join the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, or NPT, along with three nuclear weapon states — India, Pakistan and North Korea.

How can you criticize other countries for not doing what you refuse to do??

Yeah.  Astonishing isn't it?

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Poor Israeli government will have to show their cards now.

You know what I can't stand, the fact Obama comes out with all this "disarming nukes" BS and then votes no against this. Someone showing their true agenda?

Iran voting for a nuclear free middle east is another kick in the teeth for Israel and the US. Not sure how long their bullying will last in the middle East now.

Edited by Coffey, 04 December 2012 - 06:09 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

All animals are fair, just some are more fair then others. Oh Orwell, it's like you knew politics or something!

Posted Image

~MEH~

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

I think Iran and Israel should allow inspectors.  I've long assumed Israel has nuclear weapons, just like I assume that is what Iran is really up to.

#6    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

From your article:

"The resolution passed with a 174-6 vote, and included 6 abstentions. Israel, the U.S., Canada, Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Palau were the "no" votes."

Israel had only 6 supporters out of 192 possibilities.

Perhaps the tide has finally turn, world opinion may convince the Israelis to play fair and by the rules.

What's pathetically sad is that both the USA and Canada were the only major nations to vote no.

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN, 04 December 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#7    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,449 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

I am very glad this is comming out now..

I only hope that the MSM actually do their Effing job's properly and deal with the facts about what is and has really been going on in the Middle east.. Push the propaganda and distractions aside and what you are left with imho is a rogue state causing a lot of trouble in the world.

Resolutions adopted by the 193-member General Assembly are not legally binding but they do reflect world opinion and carry moral and political weight.

If Israel agreed to dismantling its vast stockpiles of nuclear weapons and to a deal enforcing a nuclear weapons-free zone in the Middle East – a deal Iran and Israel’s Arab neighbors have repeatedly proposed – the supposed threats Israel faces in the region would virtually disappear.
But Israel refuses to give up its nuclear monopoly, insistent on maintaining its excuse to build up its military and distract from the Palestinian issue.
As former CIA Middle East analyst Paul Pillar has written, “the Iran issue” provides a “distraction” from international “attention to the Palestinians’ lack of popular sovereignty.”

#8    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

The day Israel will give up it's nuke, it'll start it's count down till destruction.

Egypt, Syria (in whatever form it'll exist after it's civil war is over) and many other Islamic countries will try once again to destroy us.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostErikl, on 04 December 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

The day Israel will give up it's nuke, it'll start it's count down till destruction.

Egypt, Syria (in whatever form it'll exist after it's civil war is over) and many other Islamic countries will try once again to destroy us.
Gee no wonder, but in the future not many countries will care because Israel its bigger than everyone else

#10    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

The higher you fly the lower you fall, eventualy.

#11    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 04 December 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Gee no wonder, but in the future not many countries will care because Israel its bigger than everyone else

eh?

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#12    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostErikl, on 04 December 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

What a load of horse ****! LOL

That's the problem with Israel extremists. You lot think the whole world is against you, when in reality nobody cares, not out of nastiness, but because (this might shock you) Israel isn't the center of everyone's lives.

Jewish extremists are so up themselves, they actually believe they are the "chosen" and that everyone knows it. lol

Why are you so paranoid?! lol You really think the US would let that happen. You really think the world would stand by and watch a country get torn apart? lol

Edited by Coffey, 04 December 2012 - 07:43 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#13    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

That's the problem with Israel extremists. You lot think the whole world is against you, when in reality nobody cares, not out of nastiness, but because (this might shock you) Israel isn't the center of everyone's lives.

Oh really? this is why the EU head of states just fell off their chairs the moment after our government decided to build 3000 houses near our capital city? Oh wait, you don't even accept the fact it's out capital city.

Believe me, Israelis would love nothing but for the conflict to be judged proportionally to it's scope. It seems everything is ok in the world, and so Israel is judged by morals no other country is expected to hold.

Posted Image

#14    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,094 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Actually I believe that Israel never signed the non-proliferation treaty (Iran did) so are under obligation to disclose nothing, Iran signed and therefore is.

Don't yell at me just kill the lawyers.

#15    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostErikl, on 04 December 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Oh really? this is why the EU head of states just fell off their chairs the moment after our government decided to build 3000 houses near our capital city? Oh wait, you don't even accept the fact it's out capital city.

Believe me, Israelis would love nothing but for the conflict to be judged proportionally to it's scope. It seems everything is ok in the world, and so Israel is judged by morals no other country is expected to hold.

Maybe because the new settlements was nothing but a massive hissy fit thrown by Israel who was butthurt over the Palestinian UN vote.

The Israelis might want to end the conflict but based on their actions the Israeli government doesn't give a damn about the peace process. And yes Israel does get an oddly large amount of crap thrown their way but some of it is real problems that Israel doesn't seem to want to deal with.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users