Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Expression

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,821 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostBeany, on 05 December 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Well, I think life does have a point, and that's to find every moment of joy we can. For me, that's enough. More than enough, really. Everyday I express gratitude at being giving this brief life on this beautiful planet; there's no where else I'd rather be. I don't know what happens when we die, and I have no control over that, anyway. But while I'm here I'm going to make the most of every moment I have. It doesn't make sense to do anything else, since I'm here in this moment, with no certainty that any sort of after life exists. Carpe diem!

The concept of joy is quite skewed in the minds of some people and instead results in self indulgence, an undesirable action especially in this day and age. Where their false concept of joy is instant gratification, often with materialistic properties. They have been told what they need and believe it by an external source. But it really isn't what they need.

#17    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,373 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I think anyone who expects or looks for joy on a moment by moment, or even daily basis is going to end up disappointed. This is a totally unrealistic expectation ...... how about aiming for contentment or peace or even safety from harm? For most people, daily life is bland and repetitive, and we should be grateful for that .... see it as a positive thing.

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#18    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

I never aim for second best. And whether joy is skewed in the minds of others affects me not in the least. My expectations are not always met, but the results are far better aiming high than aiming low. Low expectations yield poor results. Do I sometimes fail? Yes, but even then, I love my life and all the possibilities that exist.

#19    aryannatimothy

aryannatimothy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

A good poem to ponder on and yes there are a lot of distractions in this world, mostly about materialsm and working and living for these things. Yes, we seldom forget our role as man and how to really live life. That is why it is important to always set a time for ourselves and for God and think why we exist in the first place. Life can be simpler if we just want this to be.

Discover the power of the mind and know how to manifest what you want. Click mind power secrets to know more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users