Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cryptozoology, Myths and Legends - 100% Proof

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#46    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,126 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 05 December 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

I'll give Kampz this... 3 pages in as many hours. And done in a seemingly calm manner, dispite the skeptical attention.

Yeah. Major internets to him for not being one of THOSE people that pop up every once in a while.

View Postkampz, on 05 December 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

Thanks for all the welcomes.

I do have a habit of jumping right in and have forgotten to welcome you to the forums.

But beware... I am just one of many. :devil:

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#47    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostSpace_Jockey, on 05 December 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

I've done me research man, here's a suggestion, "Google searching will take you far", I know, but the same google search will lead you to fantastical websites where seemingly every cryptid is real.

When you say stuff like 'kidnapping and killing' human beings, that's a pretty outlandish claim you're making there, do you understand what i'm saying? No offense.

I get what your saying. I'm not the one making the claim. They're the ones making the claim. Your statement of Google search will lead me to fantastical websites where seemingly every cryptic animal is real is true. But the way I'm thinking every fantastical cryptic animal could be true.  It's outlandish in todays world that a cryptic animal or bigfoot kidnaps or kills someone I would say. But it's still possible. But either way, whether they lied about kidnapping and killing it doesn't matter.

#48    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 05 December 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

I wasn't trying to disprove you. I was simply illustrating that no matter how interesting your claim may be, it is not falsifiable. There is no way to prove it nor disprove it.

Claims like yours simply take cryptozoology further and further into the realm of pseudoscience. It just further tarnishes the field and makes its adherents (of which I am not one, I must point out) look like fools.

Because there is noway to prove it nor disprove it is the problem. My claims did take it further into the realm of pseudoscience but a lot of others things can now fall into pseudoscience. I'm not giving guarantees to that. I hope my claims helped everyone whose ever seen a cryptic animal. At least to me this appears to be the only way it can work out pleasing everyone or to of existed at all.

#49    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,126 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

View Postkampz, on 05 December 2012 - 04:56 AM, said:

Because there is noway to prove it nor disprove it is the problem. My claims did take it further into the realm of pseudoscience but a lot of others things can now fall into pseudoscience. I'm not giving guarantees to that. I hope my claims helped everyone whose ever seen a cryptic animal. At least to me this appears to be the only way it can work out pleasing everyone or to of existed at all.

I hear ya, pal. I get what you're saying, I do. My brain just won't think that way.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#50    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

You know, I read the OP's OP earlier in the day and chuckled to myself, thinking about how much fun I was going to have dismantling it.  But after reading more and more of it, I am just feeling more exhausted than anything.

I'll say this however.  You, OP, have constructed a bulletproof theory.  Similar to most conspiracy theories in the sense that it is completely and totally unverifiable in any sort of way and as such is impregnable to logic, because it contains none.  So I guess congratulations?

What it tells me is that you figured out along the way that actually learning facts that are based in reality is hard, and that making up theories that nobody can take apart because they are completely fantasy is much easier and because you are calm, articulate, and seemingly intelligent in your posts - most people just end up shaking their heads in befuddlement and walking away.  A good tactic for telling yourself you won an argument.  A bad tactic for actually promoting any furtherance of knowledge or discourse.

Reminds me of a poster that was recently over in the Ancient Civilizations treads over the past few days.  His main claim was that all facts and truth were flexible and open to interpretation and as such all science is bunk.  This despite the fact that he's typing his claims on a machine that is the culmination of decades of science and technology.

I personally think your claim could be worked into an interesting piece of fiction.  It has no place in reality though.  Kudos to you for sticking around to actually discuss your guesswork.

#51    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

I get you too imaginarynumber1. I understand.

Orangepeaceful79 -  You said this has no place for reality. You're right. I can take this in many directions and I have no idea. This is a giant problem to this world. I'll say where living in a simulation. I'll say this universe is totally fake. We're living in a computer or something. At the end of it all I'll leave it how I grew up as a child with the Holy Bible. Nobody can disprove it. I'm ok with not fully knowing. I can't disprove an alien from another galaxy landed here and made us.  I can't disprove the idea that it's an alien sitting in his UFO making bigfoots. It's unfortunate that I'm not intelligent in all these areas to give you more opinions. That's why I'm here. I'm here to help others and find help in return.

#52    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

View Postkampz, on 05 December 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

I get you too imaginarynumber1. I understand.

Orangepeaceful79 -  You said this has no place for reality. You're right. I can take this in many directions and I have no idea. This is a giant problem to this world. I'll say where living in a simulation. I'll say this universe is totally fake. We're living in a computer or something. At the end of it all I'll leave it how I grew up as a child with the Holy Bible. Nobody can disprove it. I'm ok with not fully knowing. I can't disprove an alien from another galaxy landed here and made us.  I can't disprove the idea that it's an alien sitting in his UFO making bigfoots. It's unfortunate that I'm not intelligent in all these areas to give you more opinions. That's why I'm here. I'm here to help others and find help in return.

You know, you could be right.  Heck any cockamamey guess on this site COULD be.  Because of the way my mind works, I just have a tough time putting much credence behind what you are saying.  However I do believe that you believe what you are saying, and that you speak with intelligence and integrity.  That I can respect.

Where'd Simbi go?  I feel similarly about her. I have lots of trouble connecting with her beliefs, but I have huge respect for her personally.  I guess thats one of the really great things about this site.  You just never know who is gonna be a great friend to meet.  Take care.

#53    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Wow this thread got big quick :)

My last input for now kampz:

Crappy evidence when combined with other crappy evidence does not result in good evidence. It doesn't matter how big the pile of crappy evidence is...

Edit: Ooooh I'll give a mathematical explanation of this when I get home from work ;)

Edited by Timonthy, 05 December 2012 - 05:55 AM.

Posted Image

#54    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

There is only crappy evidence for cryptic animals and the paranormal. It's unfortunate. I'm using every piece of evidence that people have already found and combined it all to make it work. Word of mouth is the only evidence. Plaster cast of bigfoot are word of mouth. Now there is this 'bigfoot DNA'. We already have samples of unidentified primate DNA and we just forgot about it. That is a eye opener though. It's better then the Patterson bigfoot film which is still not disproven. But it still won't matter.

I can give you other evidence. I mentioned religion in my first post. If what I'm saying holds to be true then I must say that Jesus Christ, Mohammed and others could of been walking this Earth. I dislike walking down this path because I'm not educated enough on the subject to present my case. But point being Jesus was doing magic tricks in a way. It could work. I can't disprove that seeing how things/animals are appearing and disappearing before our eyes.

Edited by kampz, 05 December 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#55    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

I really enjoy reading about cryptids and I like to keep an open mind about the possibility.  Mostly because I don't know everything there is to know about our world.  No one does.

Heck, life could be a dream for all I know.  I recall a lecture in philosophy 101, the instructor challenged us to prove that a chair that we all saw existed... of course he was able to "debunk" us all because there is no absolute way to prove anything.  Its all relative.

I guess my point is reality is what w want it to be.  Our psyches can make heaven a hell and hell a heaven.

I like to believe that Bigfoot is a real creature, one that is elusive and shy and that its the reason it's rarely seen.

Maybe the creature in Loch Ness  used to exist but seems elusive because it is now dead.

Sometimes we have to fill in  the questionable areas with explanations that seem ridiculous to some people.  Maybe sightings of cryptids, ETs,.angels, ghosts, and the like are fleeting because they are inter-dimensional creatures.  Popping in and out of dimensions at will.

Crazy to some makes sense to others... For me, it's all possible.

I just hope death brings some answers.  In the meantime I love reading about the possibility of cryptids.  ;)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#56    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,981 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

They're reports of Native Americans from North America making these claims

Reported sightings since the beginning of humanity

For those two claims, I myself would like to see verifiable evidence of these. And not from Crypto sites.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#57    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Forget about my whole Jesus spew. I really shouldn't of wandered into it without being educated enough to present a case. I wouldn't want to take any farther then I already have.

Sakari I can't give you verifiable evidence because a Native American saying bigfoot or a cryptic animal shape shifted is just word of mouth. There wasn't video cameras and tape recorders invented yet, but a quick piece of evidence is the T.V. Bigfootville on the Travel channel I think it's called. There's a segment at the end with a Native American or guy with Native American descent. He knows his tribes Indian stuff and he states that they shape shift. It's all word of mouth. He's not the only guy living today with Native American descent saying this. They're reports that are recent not made by Native Americans saying bigfoot or a animal shape shifted.

We see videos of UFO's disappear. We haven't seen a video where an animal disappears yet. Right?

Edited by kampz, 05 December 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#58    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,846 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

View Postkampz, on 05 December 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

It's a grand insult to the government because there the friggin' government! They're flying around in UFO's. Bigfoot and other cryptics are being seen everywhere since the beginning of time. It's not possible. It could screw with our modern science and us as a species aren't prepared to face this yet. The people on this forum sure.
I see they just let you out of the mental hospital.

#59    BNDGK

BNDGK

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 169 posts

• "The world was hers for the reading"

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 05 December 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

I'm curious, why would the government give a tinker's damn about whether or not Bigfoot or any other crytid creature were real or not?

Well I think that it is the same reason that they wouldn't tell us about aliens and stuff. I think that if the evidence of Bigfoot and other cryptid creatures was widely known, it would ensue a large amount of instability in our country's environment. If we believed that there were higher beings that could govern us or that weren't controlled by our government then it would undermine our governments power. I think that is why that the government would care if these things were real, and if we knew about them.

“Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate,
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I, Shall take the hidden paths that run,
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.”

#60    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

You think the government is afraid that Bigfoot is a higher being........is that what you're saying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users