Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The questions of youth.

poem song life guiding

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,395 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hi,
I think that I've covered most of the basics with this..

Please, feel free to add a line or two if you think there's more to it..

What I'm trying to capture with this is lifes big questions that guide us in life and make us who we are. These are questions that no one but an individual can answer for themselves..



The questions of youth.


Will I be happy or will I be sad,
such questions irate me,
perhaps I'll go mad.

Will I be normal or will I be dumb,
Why want to conform,
I just want to have fun.

Will I be loved or will I be hated,
is it really my choice,
are such things fated?

Will I be strait or will I be gay,
why choose to be either,
why brand me anyway?

Will I be famous or will I be forgotten,
Or somewhere in the middle?
Oh life can be so rotten.

Will I die young or will I grow old,
who chooses who lives,
let the future unfold.

Are there many Gods or is there just one,
which god shall I follow,
God give me a gun.

Is there a heaven or is there a hell,
Where will I go,
when death is my cell.

These Questions are ours but the answers are yours
let no one push answers on you
for that I deplore.

These questions I ponder, there answers are mine!
My answers will guide me
throughout my lifetime.

Posted Image

Edited by Professor T, 05 December 2012 - 06:38 AM.


#2    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Joined:04 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Arizona

  • Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 05 December 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

Hi,
I think that I've covered most of the basics with this..

Please, feel free to add a line or two if you think there's more to it..

What I'm trying to capture with this is lifes big questions that guide us in life and make us who we are. These are questions that no one but an individual can answer for themselves..



The questions of youth.


Will I be happy or will I be sad,
such questions irate me,
perhaps I'll go mad.

Will I be normal or will I be dumb,
Why want to conform,
I just want to have fun.

Will I be loved or will I be hated,
is it really my choice,
are such things fated?

Will I be strait or will I be gay,
why choose to be either,
why brand me anyway?

Will I be famous or will I be forgotten,
Or somewhere in the middle?
Oh life can be so rotten.

Will I die young or will I grow old,
who chooses who lives,
let the future unfold.

Are there many Gods or is there just one,
which god shall I follow,
God give me a gun.

Is there a heaven or is there a hell,
Where will I go,
when death is my cell.

These Questions are ours but the answers are yours
let no one push answers on you
for that I deplore.

These questions I ponder, there answers are mine!
My answers will guide me
throughout my lifetime.

Posted Image

You know what? I Love this. Speaking as both a technical adolescent and emotional/intellectual adult, I really think that the latter sometimes tends to 'simplify' the lives of the former, and overlook the fact that there's trials and stresses at every phase of life. There are answers I have and answers I don't, and some of them will change and some of them won't. I know what I want to do for a career, and in large part what I want out of life, what/who matters most to me. I know whether or not I want to get married, have kids etc., but then again unfortunately both of those would be very difficult processes because I just know I won't live long either. I have my beliefs, my principles, my standards, but I also know there's a lot I have to pick up. I think really 'finding' yourself in life could be overwhelming for anyone.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#3    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,395 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostHeartsAreForBreaking, on 05 December 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

You know what? I Love this. Speaking as both a technical adolescent and emotional/intellectual adult, I really think that the latter sometimes tends to 'simplify' the lives of the former, and overlook the fact that there's trials and stresses at every phase of life. There are answers I have and answers I don't, and some of them will change and some of them won't. I know what I want to do for a career, and in large part what I want out of life, what/who matters most to me. I know whether or not I want to get married, have kids etc., but then again unfortunately both of those would be very difficult processes because I just know I won't live long either. I have my beliefs, my principles, my standards, but I also know there's a lot I have to pick up. I think really 'finding' yourself in life could be overwhelming for anyone.

Well said... :tu:
Glad you liked it..

I feel that when we are young we are told what to think, how to think, what to believe... But we all reach stages in life where the time comes to review certain questions and change some of the answers we've been force fed in youth.. Religion, social norms, sexuality, emotional needs and personal values are at our core and the choices we make define our place in the world.. The problem is, other people want to define us which is wrong.. It's the choices we make and the answers that we choose that define us.. Self awareness is not a group thing, it is at our core, and is untouchable by no-one but our selves.. but it's a shame we are so easily manipulated...

Hmmmmm, actually you've pointed me to a missing verse.. thanks...

Will I be free, or will I feel caged,
if you force me your way
you'll feed my rage.
:clap:


#4    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 37,044 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

It's very good what you've written Professor T and somehow I feel the urge to respond with this -

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.


It's part of an old Doris Day song and sums up life pretty well I think.

http://www.lyricsfre...a_20301313.html

Posted Image

#5    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

    Breaking

  • Member
  • 3,607 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011

  • Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 05 December 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

Will I be strait or will I be gay,
why choose to be either,
why brand me anyway?

I approve this pomosexual message.


#6    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,395 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 06 December 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

It's very good what you've written Professor T and somehow I feel the urge to respond with this -

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.


It's part of an old Doris Day song and sums up life pretty well I think.

http://www.lyricsfre...a_20301313.html

I like that song.. I sometimes quote the lyrics when people start moaning about things that they have no control over, like how sucky the weather is, lol... It's got a great laid-back 'take it as it comes' feel..

I quess the overall theme is similar to what I've written, but the whole "whatever will be will be" is far to submissive for my liking.. Taking that "whatever will be will be" submissive attitude to questions and choices in life is disempowering, and makes people easily lead by others.. people/youth in particular, need to take control of their lives, and not give it away or allow themselves to be lead.  Whatever will be will be is a great attitude to have though, but only for things that we have no control over...

Edited to add: The Future IS ours..

Edited by Professor T, 06 December 2012 - 07:45 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users