Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

WHAT IF?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Nope. The cosmos wasn't particularly different a few thousand years ago. No ancient civilisation even managed to acquire a half-decent understanding of our solar system. No-one knew that Uranus, the third largest planet of the Solar System until the 17th century.

The Mayan calendar does not end. And they couldn't have figured out a cycle of precession, because they did not know of precession

OK I KNOW THE SUN IS NOT GOIN TO collide with a dead star.

BUT THE NOW THE TOPIC  is the mayans did know bout percession. they discovered it.

THE MAYANS KNEW ALOT WITH NO TELESCOPES

just like the pyramids its something we dont know about ancient civilizations.

and then they jus vanish they were to smart to jus fall of the face of the earth.

lets all agree its something we dont know about ancient civilizations

so we cant say what they knew or didnt know

Edited by MR.Blueprint, 06 December 2012 - 08:43 PM.

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#17    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Please provide any proof that the Mayans knew about precession.

And sure, they knew a lot without telescopes. Not as much as contemporary Hellenistic Greeks or Indians, but quite a lot. But their knowledge doesn't come anywhere near to what's covered in an "introduction to astronomy" course at any university nowadays.

And the Mayans didn't vanish. They are still very much alive.

#18    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,139 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 06 December 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Nope. The cosmos wasn't particularly different a few thousand years ago. No ancient civilisation even managed to acquire a half-decent understanding of our solar system. No-one knew that Uranus, the third largest planet of the Solar System until the 17th century.

The Mayan calendar does not end. And they couldn't have figured out a cycle of precession, because they did not know of precession

OK I KNOW THE SUN IS NOT GOIN TO collide with a dead star.

BUT THE NOW THE TOPIC  is the mayans did know bout percession. they discovered it.

THE MAYANS KNEW ALOT WITH NO TELESCOPES

just like the pyramids its something we dont know about ancient civilizations.

and then they jus vanish they were to smart to jus fall of the face of the earth.

lets all agree its something we dont know about ancient civilizations

so we cant say what they knew or didnt know

They didn't know that much.  They knew what they knew, which was little, and really dug into it.  Spent hundreds of years updating calendars that were intrinsically out of date because of their flawed theories.  Look it up.  Stop with the "they knew more than us" stuff because they didn't, and 12/21 will be just another day.  The poles will shift again because they have always shifted but the mayas didn't know that because they didn't even comprehend the compass.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#19    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 07 December 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

Please provide any proof that the Mayans knew about precession.

And sure, they knew a lot without telescopes. Not as much as contemporary Hellenistic Greeks or Indians, but quite a lot. But their knowledge doesn't come anywhere near to what's covered in an "introduction to astronomy" course at any university nowadays.

And the Mayans didn't vanish. They are still very much alive.
Ancient civilizations made up the zodiacs and knew bout percession and knew bout ages thats why their calender is aligned with the percession cycle.

we are entering a new age

SOURCE:
< https://www.youtube....h?v=8z97i3FBhSs >

Edited by MR.Blueprint, 07 December 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#20    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Why do you believe in the Sun? Because we see pictures and can look at it? That's an open question to anyone. Someone can make bigfoot without a Sun. There's your chicken and egg theory. Someone can make an asteroid without any Suns in a Universe and can make a flashlight in mid air above the asteroid. Then on the asteroid you can make a bigfoot. The flashlight is in midair to show the bigfoot or perhaps I'm wrong. I can't disprove myself. Can someone tell me different to help me?

Edited by kampz, 07 December 2012 - 03:50 AM.

#21    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

View Postkampz, on 07 December 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

Why do you believe in the Sun? Because we see pictures and can look at it? That's an open question to anyone. Someone can make bigfoot without a Sun. There's your chicken and egg theory. Someone can make an asteroid without any Suns in a Universe and can make a flashlight in mid air above the asteroid. Then on the asteroid you can make a bigfoot. The flashlight is in midair to show the bigfoot or perhaps I'm wrong. I can't disprove myself. Can someone tell me different to help me?
more mayan astronomy videos
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7MaGCyuwk>

#22    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Wasn't there at one point and time zero Suns? I believe in the Sun because I see it by the way. Sorry I forgot to say that before and I don't believe what your saying will happen too, but it could in the future.

Edited by kampz, 07 December 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#23    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

• "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

If there was a "small" star moving towards Earth it would have easily been viewed with the naked eye for the last few decades if not millenia. Mars and Jupiter are easily seen on any part of Earth, considering they are not below the horizon, a star is easily seen from thousand of light years away. This whole idea of a "Nibiru" is just plain laughable.

#24    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 07 December 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

Ancient civilizations made up the zodiacs and knew bout percession and knew bout ages thats why their calender is aligned with the percession cycle.

we are entering a new age

SOURCE:
< https://www.youtube....h?v=8z97i3FBhSs >

Nowhere in the video does it state the Maya knew about precession.

Also, a youtube video is hardly a source, especially if it doesn't seem to have interviews with any astronomers or historians, but features a swami instead.

#25    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 07 December 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Also, a youtube video is hardly a source, especially if it doesn't seem to have interviews with any astronomers or historians, but features a swami instead.

it said another ancient civilization knew bout precession and the mayans knew bout precession becuase the knew bot the change with the zodiac cycle.

#26    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 07 December 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

more sources
< >

Edited by MR.Blueprint, 08 December 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#27    Krisyn

Krisyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• Whose truth, what truth, truth's truth?
    Litton

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

This is a perfect example of how the ancients knew more about astronomy than we do, we only "discovered" this in the 20th century.

Long before scientists ever knew of its existence, and long before any equipment existed that could verify its position in the heavens, many of the ancient civilizations knew that behind the brilliant star that is Sirius, lay a dark, shadow star - a black star that is much smaller and more intense. The records of these ancient civilisations, as far back as 3,000 years ago, include drawings of the movement of Sirius and it's dwarf, Sirius B. These ancients believed that Sirius was the source of all life, of all energy, and yet detailed knowledge of Sirius and its dwarf star, has only recently been discovered by modern science.

Edited by Krisyn, 09 December 2012 - 01:25 AM.

The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.
                                 Haldane

#28    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,345 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

View PostKrisyn, on 09 December 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

This is a perfect example of how the ancients knew more about astronomy than we do (did), we only "discovered" this in the 20th century.

Long before scientists ever knew of its existence, and long before any equipment existed that could verify its position in the heavens, many of the ancient civilizations knew that behind the brilliant star that is Sirius, lay a dark, shadow star - a black star that is much smaller and more intense. The records of these ancient civilisations, as far back as 3,000 years ago, include drawings of the movement of Sirius and it's dwarf, Sirius B. These ancients believed that Sirius was the source of all life, of all energy, and yet detailed knowledge of Sirius and its dwarf star, has only recently been discovered by modern science.

And your source for the above citation would be?

#29    Krisyn

Krisyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Litton

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

EDIT

Edited by Krisyn, 09 December 2012 - 03:29 AM.

The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.
                                 Haldane

#30    Krisyn

Krisyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Litton

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostSwede, on 09 December 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

And your source for the above citation would be?

Robert Temple (The Sirius Mystery)

Haldane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users