Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Creating a menu item

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,082 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

I post elsewhere on this site so I thought I’d seek help here first.  I use Seamonkey on Windows XP.  I want to add a command to a menu and I’m not that much of a programmer in this area.  In general, I want to retrieve the filename of an image on a web page by simply clicking on “copy filename”, where “copy filename” would be the new menu command.  I can click on “show source” and dig for the filename that way but I don’t want to do that, obviously.  Doing a right mouse click on the image gives an option to “save image as” and that brings up another window where the filename can be retrieved by highlighting it and then a right click – copy, but I want to cut out that bit of extra work.  I.e., I don’t want to save the image, just retrieve the filename.  Doing a right click and select properties gives the same capability.  But I want to add, “copy filename” on this menu.  Any help or suggestions?  In general, I think the question becomes: how to add a menu item to this menu?  But I don’t know where to look for this menu in the first place.  Is it in Windows or Seamonkey?  Thanks in advance.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#2    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Aw, I saw this in the recent topics area and thought you needed help making a restaurant menu item. lol I could of helped you with that, but not with what you need sorry.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Though I'm not familiar with SeaMonkey, I would venture to guess that the menu you wish to change is a Windows menu since the one you described is pretty universal in Windows no matter what program you're using.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users