Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Australian PM announces end of the world

1012 gillard

  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

    Resident Vamp

  • Member
  • 5,248 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Julia Gillard has recorded a tongue-in-cheek video address to the nation warning the world is about to come to an apocalyptic end, as predicted in the Mayan calendar.

http://news.ninemsn....calypse-message


In the 55-second spoof clip, recorded for Triple J radio, Ms Gillard addresses her "remaining fellow Australians" warning of zombies, hell beasts and a K-pop armageddon.
With an emotionless delivery, the prime minister says the end of the world is coming not because of Y2K, or even the carbon tax, but "it turns out the Mayan calendar was true".
"Whether the final blow comes from flesh-eating zombies, demonic hell beasts or from the total triumph of K-pop, if you know one thing about me it is this: I will always fight for you until the very end, Ms Gillard says.
"And at least this means I won't have to do Q&A again."


Yep.,. This is what we have to deal with!
I thought we were already living in the aftermath of the red headed apocalypse. O.o

Bring on the March elections.

Meme quote Obama, "Think I'm doing a bad job, what about the red head in Australia". XD lol








The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image


#2    tipotep

tipotep

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Joined:14 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Muchos Spectacular

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 06 December 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Julia Gillard has recorded a tongue-in-cheek video address to the nation warning the world is about to come to an apocalyptic end, as predicted in the Mayan calendar.

http://news.ninemsn....calypse-message


In the 55-second spoof clip, recorded for Triple J radio, Ms Gillard addresses her "remaining fellow Australians" warning of zombies, hell beasts and a K-pop armageddon.
With an emotionless delivery, the prime minister says the end of the world is coming not because of Y2K, or even the carbon tax, but "it turns out the Mayan calendar was true".
"Whether the final blow comes from flesh-eating zombies, demonic hell beasts or from the total triumph of K-pop, if you know one thing about me it is this: I will always fight for you until the very end," Ms Gillard says.
"And at least this means I won't have to do Q&A again."


Yep.,. This is what we have to deal with!
I thought we were already living in the aftermath of the red headed apocalypse. O.o

Bring on the March elections.

Meme quote Obama, "Think I'm doing a bad job, what about the red head in Australia". XD lol

Am I the only one who is embarresed to have the *Snip* running the country ?

TiP.

Edited by Karlis, 06 December 2012 - 12:47 AM.
crude comment deleted

Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. - Indiana Jones .

** Lannisters like to keep it in the family **

#3    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

    Resident Vamp

  • Member
  • 5,248 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

View Posttipotep, on 06 December 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Am I the only one who is embarresed to have *Snip* running the country ?

TiP.

I bet if they placed the concern in the next census  they would get 100% on the surveys!

Edited by Karlis, 06 December 2012 - 12:48 AM.


The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image


#4    tipotep

tipotep

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Joined:14 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Muchos Spectacular

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 06 December 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

I bet if they placed the concern in the next census  they would get 100% on the surveys!

Lets hope she doesn't survive till the next cencus , politically that is !

Do you rate Tony  ?

TiP.

Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. - Indiana Jones .

** Lannisters like to keep it in the family **

#5    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

    Resident Vamp

  • Member
  • 5,248 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

View Posttipotep, on 06 December 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:



Lets hope she doesn't survive till the next cencus , politically that is !

Do you rate Tony  ?

TiP.

To me Tony is the Romney equivalent,  honestly his misses wears the pants so I think she should run for PM instead! XD


The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image


#6    tipotep

tipotep

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Joined:14 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Muchos Spectacular

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 06 December 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

To me Tony is the Romney equivalent,  honestly his misses wears the pants so I think she should run for PM instead! XD

Yeah we don't really have a good pool to select from , now if Russel Crowe was to run for Parliment , then I could get a bit more excited , at least he would have some balls !

TiP.

Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. - Indiana Jones .

** Lannisters like to keep it in the family **

#7    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

    Resident Vamp

  • Member
  • 5,248 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Vote One Angry Anderson! XD Big things come in small packages!




The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image


#8    tipotep

tipotep

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Joined:14 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Muchos Spectacular

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 06 December 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

Vote One Angry Anderson! XD Big things come in small packages!

I met him once a few years ago , really nice guy , would be happy to vote for him also !

TiP

Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. - Indiana Jones .

** Lannisters like to keep it in the family **

#9    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,451 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

So a politician with a sense of humour and an ability to laugh at themselves is something to be embarassed about? Would you prefer so soulless grey suit wearing professional politicians (i.e. someone with no knowledge or experience in anything outside the Political industry)?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#10    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,612 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Honestly, I thought she was a good sport for doing that spot but that's just me :innocent: .  Nobody is ALL bad, seriously.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 5,497 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm not sure this is going to work out well... I recall that Orson Well's "War Of The Worlds" Broadcast was done "tongue in cheek" and look at the mayhem it caused...

I seriously don't think that a sizable chunk of any nations population can tell the differnce between "This is a joke" and "This is the truth"...

About the lady's politics I have no clue (don't really keep up with things like that) - but she seems to have a sense of humor...


#12    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,634 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I just thought it was funny - kind of reminds me about that Saturday morning radio address by Ronald Reagan: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.
:w00t:The Libs nearly had a STROKE   :w00t:

Edited by and then, 06 December 2012 - 12:02 PM.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#13    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,451 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

View Postand then, on 06 December 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

I just thought it was funny - kind of reminds me about that Saturday morning radio address by Ronald Reagan: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.
:w00t:The Libs nearly had a STROKE   :w00t:
yes, that's just what I was thinking.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#14    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postand then, on 06 December 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

I just thought it was funny - kind of reminds me about that Saturday morning radio address by Ronald Reagan: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.
:w00t:The Libs nearly had a STROKE   :w00t:
That's always been the funniest thing I've ever read a American president say.

Posted Image

~MEH~


#15    redhen

redhen

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,825 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Samsara

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:50 PM







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users